IGNORED

Johnsons position under scrutiny.

The hand of RO'D

Wouldn't surprise me - he's had a haunted look in his last couple of past match appearances.

I'm not often ITK but a couple of conversations since the summer have left me understanding that the traits LJ's critics comment on in this forum...notably his occasional apparent chucking of players under the bus, often young players, in post-match interviews and what's considered his 'David Brent' manner...are known and discussed in the wider world of football. Which must get back to the powers that be.

It probably is, given the current situation, but what does it mean? IMHO, the club with (rightly) but working towards solutions with LJ in rather than out of the picture. Especially so considering the new contract he signed last year and the way the club has moved through these poor runs in the last four years. 

8 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I have it on very good authority that LJs position as manager is under scrutiny tonight, not from Steve but a very close relation. 

I'm not going to post my source but feel free to go back through my last topics/posts for my credentials. 

Come on Jon do what’s necessary, will be best thing for everyone.

Lee Johnson is a like a bloke who’s walked into a bookies and gone up to a fruit machine. 

Fortunately the bloke playing the fruit machine before LJ left £100 in the bank. LJ has no idea how to play the fruit machine, but he’s seen it work enough to be able to talk about matching up 3 fruits, so he’s bluffing his way through chalking up the odd fiver here or there. Only problem is he’s now run out of money. And he needs to ask to borrow some more. 

My god I hope you’re right. 

9 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I have it on very good authority that LJs position as manager is under scrutiny tonight, not from Steve but a very close relation. 

I'm not going to post my source but feel free to go back through my last topics/posts for my credentials. 

Jon tells dad ' you've got to sack him dad' . Steve replies ' No' . End of conversation. 

Your good authority means nothing as it's sir Steve who makes the decisions not Jon. 

9 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

One of your close relations or a close relation of Steve Lansdown, à son perhaps ? 

2 minutes ago, Modestant said:

It probably is, given the current situation, but what does it mean? IMHO, the club with (rightly) but working towards solutions with LJ in rather than out of the picture. Especially so considering the new contract he signed last year and the way the club has moved through these poor runs in the last four years. 

Except technically we haven't moved through the poor runs, because they usually mean us missing out on the play-offs

2 minutes ago, Modestant said:

I feel we've done enough of that. It's time for the next phase of the long term programme.

4 minutes ago, Modestant said:

I'd imagine so yes. That's all I've been told is that it's under scrutiny and by no means am I saying hell be sacked. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Problem is, now is a crap time to be looking at ditching your manager. Transfer window is open, LJ and the board have probably already outlined a few players who they may even have enquired about or have deals sorted. Say we get rid of him, is there anyone immediately ready to join and make signings? If not, how long will it take to get someone, will any of the window be left? It’s a bad time to sack someone IMO.

1 minute ago, BCFC_95 said:

Problem is, now is a crap time to be looking at ditching your manager. Transfer window is open, LJ and the board have probably already outlined a few players who they may even have enquired about or have deals sorted. Say we get rid of him, is there anyone immediately ready to join and make signings? If not, how long will it take to get someone, will any of the window be left? It’s a bad time to sack someone IMO.

Timing didn’t stop SL sacking Cotts.

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

I'd imagine so yes. That's all I've been told is that it's under scrutiny and by no means am I saying hell be sacked. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Tbf Id be worried if it wasn’t at least being discussed with him and separately amongst the Board. Doesn’t mean anything will happen though. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Lee Johnson is a like a bloke who’s walked into a bookies and gone up to a fruit machine. 

Fortunately the bloke playing the fruit machine before LJ left £100 in the bank. LJ has no idea how to play the fruit machine, but he’s seen it work enough to be able to talk about matching up 3 fruits, so he’s bluffing his way through chalking up the odd fiver here or there. Only problem is he’s now run out of money. And he needs to ask to borrow some more. 

Brilliant! YES!....Post of 2020!!!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Got himself a red card too today.  Unless it gets overturned, that’s what a 3 game touchline?  Not very helpful is it in our current situation.

You say that. Could be more helpful than having him down there! Can’t be any worse surely?

13 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

So that's the Chairman then?

Ultimately no-one is happy. But nothing is going to change until the summer. Unless of course, the board decides to suddenly show some ambition; over what they consider to be their expectations for this club.

4 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Who cares. The man at the helm is more important than any January signings. We’re in no danger of relegation and we won’t finish in the top six under Johnson so if we’re going to change do it ASAP so the new man has as long as possible to evaluate ready for the summer. 

IF his position is being discussed, then it’s about time. He ain’t the man for the job; one win against united or not.  He’s clearly out of his depth and I’d argue that the more he has moved both the management setup and the team towards his ‘own’ the worse we have got. He’s an alcoholic that’s been given the keys to the brewery. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

We were very near bottom and looking to Sack Cloth to save our season!...Timing was right.

The timing is right now too! We have a window and need the right manager. But WHO?

Jamie McAllister

(wouldn’t be my choice, but SL said himself that when he brought him back he saw his as a future City manager)

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It was Cotts that put £100 in and should’ve got the jackpot repeater.

Archived