IGNORED

Johnsons position under scrutiny.

The hand of RO'D

2 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Problem is, now is a crap time to be looking at ditching your manager. Transfer window is open, LJ and the board have probably already outlined a few players who they may even have enquired about or have deals sorted. Say we get rid of him, is there anyone immediately ready to join and make signings? If not, how long will it take to get someone, will any of the window be left? It’s a bad time to sack someone IMO.

Agree that timing is the big issue at the moment.

The only way I can see SL getting rid of Lj just now, is if a replacement has already been sounded out and ready to step in immediately and that he is happy with potential transfer targets we might be pursuing.

My gut feeling is that if LJ's position is under scrutiny as suggested, it is most likely to result in some sort of warning, with season end targets agreed and if not met will see LJ go in the summer. The only exception might be if SL is unhappy with LJ's personal behaviour and poor reactions post match. IIRC Lj's Dad got the chop more for what was going on in the dressing room , rather than results on the pitch.

The one issue above all else that Johnson has been unable to stem is that we all know he will lead us through at least one horrendous, relegation form run every season, rather than a bad run that every club suffers. 5 defeats in 6 is only a few more games off horrendous. That will ultimately be his undoing at this club......whenever it is one of these “runs” will eventually be one too many.

Even Sky (Prutton, Hendrie etc.) brazenly mock him with the nickname “Streaky Lee”.........

Whether now is the right time to bomb him out I’m not sure but he cannot be bombproof at this point. When Steve Lansdown, his son, whoever look at the family investment and find themselves looking up at Millwall, Preston and Hull who are not bankrolled to anything close to the amount that we are currently they are bound to be asking questions?

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Jon tells dad ' you've got to sack him dad' . Steve replies ' No' . End of conversation. 

Your good authority means nothing as it's sir Steve who makes the decisions not Jon. 

This is very true. However this conversation has been had before between board members and I'm not too sure how many more they need to make before they realise where the problem lies. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Jamie McAllister

(wouldn’t be my choice, but SL said himself that when he brought him back he saw his as a future City manager)

please no!...I respect the chap, would be a good coach in the team of whoever takes over, but the lessons of the past couple of decades are surely that you need to appoint someone with a track record of achieving the goals you have set...which Cotts and GJ had, and delivered.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Jamie McAllister

(wouldn’t be my choice, but SL said himself that when he brought him back he saw his as a future City manager)

Mmmmm. I never really considered that. JMc has had plenty of arguments with LJ and will at least be considered as a temp I guess.

I wonder if JL has his eye on anyone else? 

He won’t be sacked until a replacement is finalised. Might take a few weeks.
Tactics and team strategy makes no sense.
But he has to be on borrowed time now. His lame excuses in post match interviews is just embarrassing.
Throwing his players under the bus is just not on. Johnson OUT!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Timing didn’t stop SL sacking Cotts.

Things in common:

1. Denying reality. Cotts insisting 3-5-2 was working and everything would come good in the next game, then the next ... LJ denying we have a problem playing at home and never once noting our awful defensive record.

2. Losing composure. Cotts losing it with fans, LJ with opposition staff.

Ominous signs when a coach loses control of the situation to that extent.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s not run as a dictatorship, if the rest of the execs tell Lansdown he should go then he will listen.

Not when it comes to major decisions like changing the manager - that is entirely down to SL.

Senior staff at AG spoke to SL previously about replacing LJ and SL stood firm and refused to.

If you had pumped time, money and effort into a club, then got completely played off the park by Millwall, Brentford and Blackburn to an extent (these clubs would love our ground, owner, players, support etc) where the common denominator is all have had superior tactics, formation, substitutions by managers/coaches that have out played our coach (who to be fair in his tenure still doesn’t know his best 11/system etc) while buying 50 players in the process. Time for someone to take it to the next level, time for quality over quantity and someone who can man manage seasoned professionals not destroy talent (KP for example).

so cant say I’m surprised at all, time will tell I guess......

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Seriously the OP is making out he's got scoop of the day here!! Bloody obvious his position his under scrutiny!

Well I think it’s worth posting. He has a history of being reliable - so it’s interesting to officially confirm that it sounds like his position is being considered.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not when it comes to major decisions like changing the manager - that is entirely down to SL.

Senior staff at AG spoke to SL previously about replacing LJ and SL stood firm and refused to.

Then SL is the problem   

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Things in common:

1. Denying reality. Cotts insisting 3-5-2 was working and everything would come good in the next game, then the next ... LJ denying we have a problem playing at home and never once noting our awful defensive record.

2. Losing composure. Cotts losing it with fans, LJ with opposition staff.

Ominous signs when a coach loses control of the situation to that extent.

I did think the incident at the end of the game had parallels with that Cotterill incident - that sort of thing Lansdown looks unkindly on. Johnson cannot talk his players about discipline on the pitch when he reacts like that. Totally undermines himself.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You don’t know how that played out - if the rest of the board were definite Johnson needs to go, and it was totally unanimous - he wouldn’t ignore them.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

But there’s only so many times that he will be given and protected - even by SL. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I did think the incident at the end of the game had parallels with that Cotterill incident - that sort of thing Lansdown looks unkindly on. Johnson cannot talk his players about discipline on the pitch when he reacts like that. Totally undermines himself.

....wasn't there also an incident with the opposition bench against Blackburn? 

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

This is very true. However this conversation has been had before between board members and I'm not too sure how many more they need to make before they realise where the problem lies. 

I agree, they have had the conversations before; and nothing happened.

What makes anyone believe that it's going to be different this time? We are in 11th. 15 points off the relegation zone. 

Yea, going nowhere in a hurry; but hardly the panic stations of the past. 

The lack of decision making is more symptonmatic of the lack of ambition of the board. Will be positive to put a spin on a lower end finish at the end of the season though.

Was concerned after LJ interview on radio Brizzle, when he saw lots positives !!   Sadly there were none to most of us, grasping at straws ?

Fact is with the transfer window open, if , and a massive if, a change was to made, then it will happen PDQ to give who ever a chance ?  Warnock anyone !! Available after 'retiring'  I just wonder ?

I have no info on whether the OP is correct but certainly I have never bought into the idea that Lee Johnson is untouchable or that SL and the board would refuse to act if it was in the best interests of the club.

Up until now, SL and the board have shown a lot of faith in LJ and certainly gambled by sticking with him during our disastrous run three seasons ago but ultimately they did that because they recognised his potential and that he had not chosen all of his back room team or players so they made changes to give him the best chance of success and, to be fair, he repaid them with season upon season improvement.

But they will be very aware of how much they have backed him and what our targets are. I think it is a massive error on anyone’s part to think the board’s backing is unconditional.

They have backed him because they think he can succeed. I am sure SL is no fool. If the evidence continues to suggest LJ is no longer the right man to take us forward, I have no doubt at all that he will act accordingly.

Just now, DT The Optimist said:

Was concerned after LJ interview on radio Brizzle, when he saw lots positives !!   Sadly there were none to most of us, grasping at straws ?

Fact is with the transfer window open, if , and a massive if, a change was to made, then it will happen PDQ to give who ever a chance ?  Warnock anyone !! Available after 'retiring'  I just wonder ?

Perhaps the positive he saw was he had just worked out how much of a pay off he would get if he's sacked now!  :)

2 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Then SL is the problem   

I am not so sure anymore! Jon is in charge now and dad could well be passing the decision making to him. To be frank, the idea that SL is not seething right now is a bit of a stretch. We are not good enough to compete with Brentfod.

Archived