IGNORED

Johnsons position under scrutiny.

The hand of RO'D

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

....wasn't there also an incident with the opposition bench against Blackburn? 

He's obviously a coach feeling the pressure.

There's only so many times that you can be 'streaky" and get away with it. People are getting tired of it all now.

He seems to be losing it after very bad performance. He got it wrong today on a number of decisions. He Should have had the humility to admit it to the Press afterwards.

The scenes at end were embarrassing, with Frank trying to shake his hand. He felt professionally embarrassed by being shown up on the football field; and not for the first time this season is looking at another pitchside ban.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You don’t know how that played out - if the rest of the board were definite Johnson needs to go, and it was totally unanimous - he wouldn’t ignore them.

Yes he would. He’d  take no notice of their views. 

SL is the main man - nothing major happens at AG without his approval.

6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Was concerned after LJ interview on radio Brizzle, when he saw lots positives !!   Sadly there were none to most of us, grasping at straws ?

Fact is with the transfer window open, if , and a massive if, a change was to made, then it will happen PDQ to give who ever a chance ?  Warnock anyone !! Available after 'retiring'  I just wonder ?

I would take Warnock in a heartbeat!....

We love you Colin...Really we do!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed.

SL owns 99% of the club. Of course he listens to his board members but he is in a position of absolute control when it comes to the major decisions at the club. 

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

But there’s only so many times that he will be given and protected - even by SL. 

What SL wants is progress season on season and thus far LJ has delivered. Why would SL take a relatively short number of games of poor results with 20 games still to go?

I’d be amazed if SL got rid of Johnson now. He’s half a season into a 4 year deal, him and Ashton seem to work very closely together and talk a lot about ‘mutual trust’, and Johnson is absolutely intrinsic to everything the club are trying to do. He buys into the business model, is happy to trade players and his overall record until recently is one of steady improvement.

Regardless of how woeful the current form is, I just can’t see LJ being given his marching orders while we’re 2 points off the play offs. I’m not saying this is my view, just that this is how I Imagine the club to be thinking at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

SL owns 99% of the club. Of course he listens to his board members but he is in a position of absolute control when it comes to the major decisions at the club. 

Unfortunately Major some posters don’t really understand that.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

What SL wants is progress season on season and thus far LJ has delivered. Why would SL take a relatively short number of games of poor results with 20 games still to go?

Because he has seen how much 'junior' is asking for in the window!

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes, I’m not saying things happen without his approval - where did I say that?

To suggest he’d ignore the views of his board (including son) is ridiculous though. Obviously he has the final say.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No but as we slip further and further down the table even Lansdown will become increasingly impatient. Johnson needs an upturn in form very soon.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s not run as a dictatorship, if the rest of the execs tell Lansdown he should go then he will listen.

Agreed. Jon Lansdown was made MD and is now Vice-Chairman which are positions which hold quite a degree of responsibility and I am sure allow him to make major decisions albeit with the backing of the board.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A decent point and I’m sure Johnson’s position will not be scrutinised seriously until the seasons end or unless season ticket sales bomb. It’s a shame, referencing your other responses on this thread and many others, that you have to be such an abrasive, arrogant troll far too much of the time.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

SL isn’t remotely interested in the style of football ffs.................:facepalm:

...and he doesn't seem that concerned about progress - for all the money spent we are currently one place above where we were on January 1st 2010.

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Agreed. Jon Lansdown was made MD and is now Vice-Chairman which are positions which hold quite a degree of responsibility and I am sure allow him to make major decisions albeit with the backing of the board.

Jon is chairman

Archived