IGNORED

Johnsons position under scrutiny.

The hand of RO'D

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

A decent point and I’m sure Johnson’s position will not be scrutinised seriously until the seasons ends

Spot on.......

If LJ fails to finish above 8th this season it’ll be interesting to see what happens then................:dunno:

• Admin
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed. End of the season EARLIEST before it even becomes an issue imo.

Someone in the club must be looking at the poor quality football on offer and be thinking about how that might affect attendances, if attendances and subsequently season ticket sales falter, it is an issue.

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Jon is chairman

Exactly. Some people just don’t keep up. The running of the FC is being handed over. IF JL went to Steve and said the board no longer back the manager I’m confident SL would say -Jon do what you need to. 

51 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Problem is, now is a crap time to be looking at ditching your manager. Transfer window is open, LJ and the board have probably already outlined a few players who they may even have enquired about or have deals sorted. Say we get rid of him, is there anyone immediately ready to join and make signings? If not, how long will it take to get someone, will any of the window be left? It’s a bad time to sack someone IMO.

Transfer window makes no difference. 
Mark Ashton signs the players, whoever the manager is. If LJ leaves tomorrow and a new manager arrives next day, we’ll be targeting the exact same players this January. 

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Someone in the club must be looking at the poor quality football on offer and be thinking about how that might affect attendances, if attendances and subsequently season ticket sales falter, it is an issue.

Given how many SC holders don't turn up at the moment, I would imagine the highlighted bit is a given if things stay as they are currently. 

18 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I'm not really in the LJ "in" or "out" camp, I just want to see a successful team and club. However the Shrewsbury game now becomes massively important.

Surely the guaranteed fan backlash (should we lose) would leave the owners with little choice...?

The Shrewsbury game could be important because it isn't a league game. Perfect game to entrust to caretaker managers while you have eleven days to put a coach in place.

Not gonna happen though ...

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Poor season ticket sales would possibly move the situation forward BUT I think most people will renew regardless and moan from there!!

Brentford showed us, the fans, what can be done in this league on a budget. The comparison between them and us was very sobering. We can all see it despite football employees like LJ thinking we know nothing. But will that bother SL? Who knows?

35 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was away at Barnsley when 2-0 up and cruising then brings elliasson on as wing back ??

Fake news, Eliasson came on at 0-0 and set up both goals.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

It would have to go pretty disastrously between now and the end of the season to get rid personally. If we don't go up this season then he's under immense pressure from game 1 next season.

Defeat in the play offs or a very very close push is fine for this season. Anything else as seen by floating in 11th is unacceptable. If he was to turn it around and make the play offs I dont think he'd be under massive pressure from game 1.

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly. Some people just don’t keep up. The running of the FC is being handed over. IF JL went to Steve and said the board no longer back the manager I’m confident SL would say -Jon do what you need to. 

SL is still on the board.

JL is effectively being paid to be chairman by his Dad. 

And you think JL holds the power?

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Defeat in the play offs or a very very close push is fine for this season. Anything else as seen by floating in 11th is unacceptable. If he was to turn it around and make the play offs I dont think he'd be under massive pressure from game 1.

If we’re talking about making the playoffs then we might as well go the whole hog and talk about winning the league. Surely?

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If SL wants any chance of promotion this season then he needs to act now. 

If he’s happy with it fizzling out then he need do nothing. 

I fear we know what he'll do. 10 years ago he sacked GJ and hired Coppell, a manager with the sort of experience of success we need now. For whatever reason it was a fiasco which left egg on face...

...the reaction was a succession of disappointing appointments...until Cotts, ever his own man and opinionated, built a side fit for purpose, one of the finest team units of my City lifetime, and took us back up. Until it all went wrong.

And here we are, almost exactly where we were 10 years ago. No nearer the Prem and another awkward decision to be made, or not made.

25 minutes ago, mozo said:

No but as we slip further and further down the table even Lansdown will become increasingly impatient. Johnson needs an upturn in form very soon.

If matchday revenue plummeted he has a decision to make. I think he will back his man because it would be an admission of failure to do otherwise. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Poor season ticket sales would possibly move the situation forward BUT I think most people will renew regardless and moan from there!!

Brentford showed us, the fans, what can be done in this league on a budget. The comparison between them and us was very sobering. We can all see it despite football employees like LJ thinking we know nothing. But will that bother SL? Who knows?

Money and sustainability bothers him so a season ticket sales drop will hardly be noticed with his multi use ground in all. A brush with the relegation zone may ruffle, but thats unlikely even for Lee....but then again stranger things have happened.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well ok but he still switched him to wing back when we were 2-0 up 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

We are two points off the play offs. 

Hi Dave. I know.  But I’ve seen nothing at all this season, let alone recently to suggest we’ll be anywhere near the playoffs. 

By the way, appreciated your input on the match day thread earlier. Nice to see a supporter of LJ can still question some of his silly decisions. ?

58 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

.......We are in 11th. 15 points off the relegation zone

Yea, going nowhere in a hurry; but hardly the panic stations of the past. 

..........and 2 points off the play off zone!

:dunno:

EDIT: Sorry just read that Red Dave and Kid in the Riot said basically the same thing.

Archived