IGNORED

Johnsons position under scrutiny.

The hand of RO'D

33 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Did he get it?

Hearts employed Daniel Stendel. They’re bottom of the league so Cotts probably told them, in his usual tactful way, that  the team wasn’t good enough and he’d need to sign some players. 

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

Cotterill was sacked because he had the gall to be miffed that having performed a miracle at this club including exhilarating football he wasn't trusted to manage in the way he saw fit.

Johnson was recruited on the premise that he bought into the strategy, 50 odd mostly average players later mostly playing tedious sideways stuff almost as boring as the SOD era, what bollocks that turned out to be.

I'd have Cotterill back in a heartbeat together with an insistence that he gets given the resources which Johnson has been.

They do say love is blind....

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

He signed Kodjia which was pretty good!

When I look at that team and where half of them are now though - Freeman, Ayling, Bryan, Reid, Kodjia, Flint, Pack, Williams... that's more than half a team of good quality top half championship players. I reckon I'd have a lot of them back now!

My concern is that from what I understand of your posts we're in a bit of a "golden period" now when it comes to FFP - and I'm worried we're going to waste it. Who knows when we'll next have successive summers of selling players for £20m+... we need to get the most out of it we absolutely can now, which is why I'm leaning towards a change. Give the new guy until the summer to assess the squad, and then the money to do the business. Easy ;) 

That is why the line about consolidating and building slowly is a load of tosh.  We had the basis of a very good Championship side - we just needed to add better players.  Cotts clearly tried to but for one reason or another wasn't able to.  

Stand out comment LJ -  'Was fuming because we just got beat LIVE ON SKY'

AW's emphasis on 'live on sky', says it all, not to mention the face to face screaming matches.  For goodness sake, a 37 yr old senior pro and manager yelling at each other like kids.

That is exactly whats wrong from a players mouth - LJ has such a huge ego that he cannot be wrong about anything.

Ever.

38 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Had an early nite, just woke up for a p and checked in, is the little bugger gone yet?

You'd have noticed if the little bugger had gone, as you'd have had nothing to aim with and would have peed all over the floor?  :)

P.S. Commiserations if it is a little 'un!  :(

10 minutes ago, Midred said:

Lots of names to succeed him on otib. Which of them would be prepared to come as head coach and which will only come as manager?  Is the "Head Coach" title permanent now within the setup?

Head Coach is the modern way in the game these days . 

No one can do what managers of old would do nowadays.

The stakes are too high and there are not enough hours in the day for one man to do it all.

We would have no problem at all attracting quality coaches if the post was vacant. 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Head Coach is the modern way in the game these days . 

No one can do what managers of old would do nowadays.

The stakes are too high and there are not enough hours in the day for one man to do it all.

We would have no problem at all attracting quality coaches if the post was vacant. 

That doesn't address the main point though.  Who has the final say?  Rumours around the time that Cotts didn't and it certainly seems like Mark Ashton seems to sign players at the moment.

We are an extremely attractive proposition. Financially stable with a decent squad and a record of giving coaches/managers a fair crack of the whip.  

22 minutes ago, The Bard said:

That doesn't address the main point though.  Who has the final say?  Rumours around the time that Cotts didn't and it certainly seems like Mark Ashton seems to sign players at the moment.

We are an extremely attractive proposition. Financially stable with a decent squad and a record of giving coaches/managers a fair crack of the whip.  

The process of recruitment has been spoken of by Ashton before . 

There is pretty much a meeting every week  between Ashton and Johnson regarding the future in’s and outs . 

I really can’t see MA forcing a player on the head coach . 

LJ has said in the past that he has the final say and then the deal is put to SL to sign off. 

I agree that we are an extremely attractive proposition to most coaches . 

21 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s been well documented the club are working 2 windows in advance on signings , constantly scouting the type of players we want , so they’re not panic buys.

problem I have is , we seem to have all sorts of players to fit all systems but the manager doesn’t know what to do with them or the right system to play or coach them the way he wants to play. Imo he doesn’t know how he wants to play. So many systems and styles of play over the last few years , but no identity , no matter what myth he tries to peddle. 
we’ve had the “I want my busy bees, technical players” 

Now he says there’s not enough physicality in the side so he wants powerful players . 

I’ve got a idea LJ . Pick a system, say  433 and have a balance of power,  pace and guile just like uuuuummmm Brentford . A club with identity that’s done it with a fraction of the money you’ve spent. 

We have a system LJ tombola..This is long established...However Palmer and Elliason numbers rarely get pulled out!

The squad needs trimming so we’re going to bring in a couple of players.

After having four years in charge , the team is in his likeness with ‘ busy bees ‘ in midfield, then he says we need more muscle and height in the engine room. 

Pack’s money could come in handy there then.

He is becoming a liability on the touch line with his bust ups with officials. 

I really believe that LJ needs to take a break .

I respect all the good work he’s done for the club but the signs are rather worrying.

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

After having four years in charge , the team is in his likeness with ‘ busy bees ‘ in midfield, then he says we need more muscle and height in the engine room. 

I respect all the good work he’s done for the club but the signs are rather worrying.

Dont forget major after 50 plus sigings the lack of leaders

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

After having four years in charge , the team is in his likeness with ‘ busy bees ‘ in midfield, then he says we need more muscle and height in the engine room

This feels like a bit of a red herring, well it is and it isn't.

How much muscle and height did Brentford have, in the engine room?

His after-match interview on Radio Bristol told me everything that I needed to know for sure. This bloke is a fake with no idea and half as clever as he thinks that he is.

He wont be sacked by SL though, as he is too close to 'family', so enjoy another season of no real progression.

Archived