IGNORED

Why doesn't Eliasson take set pieces?

Roe

I think your picture shows why. Same reason Palmer who took loads for Chelsea youth with high success takes none.

For some reason - best known to others - JB has the job despite the fact he is very average at dead ball delivery.

1 minute ago, Meh said:

I think your picture shows why. Same reason Palmer who took loads for Chelsea youth with high success takes none.

For some reason - best known to others - JB has the job despite the fact he is very average at dead ball delivery.

JB is very average at dead ball deliveries and what about his so called long throwing. What’s all that about, it doesn’t reach the 5 yard box!!

12 minutes ago, Roe said:

Obviously he can't take them while he's sat in the dugout but while he's on the pitch it seems bizarre that our best crosser of the ball isn't allowed to take them.

81487811_10163066937785232_8141361717910

NE: "Bet I get to the Prem before you, pal, Johnson's golden boy or not"

or JB:"**** off, you get ALL the assists"

Poor set piece delivery. Poor throw in delivery. 
Poor at reading a game situation in his own half and giving the ball away under zero pressure (ie for the first goal today). Panics on the ball. Gives it away easily, many unforced errors. 
But for some reason he’s a bit of a golden child because he occasionally pops up with a 25 yarder and he tops the charts in running distance. 
Personally I’ve never rated him. And his recent form is showing everyone what I’ve been critical of him for for ages. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Poor at reading a game situation in his own half and giving the ball away under zero pressure
(ie for the first goal today). Panics on the ball. Gives it away easily, many unforced errors. 
But for some reason he’s a bit of a golden child because he occasionally pops up with a 25 yarder and he tops the charts in running distance. 
Personally I’ve never rated him. And his recent form is showing everyone what I’ve been critical of him for for ages. 

Nitpicking :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm still to be convinced that this guy is going to the top.

17 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Josh imposes his seniority.

You think that would be left to the player to decide? That will be the manager's decision

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Poor at reading a game situation in his own half and giving the ball away under zero pressure (ie for the first goal today). Panics on the ball. Gives it away easily, many unforced errors. 

Yet some people suggested getting 20m for him... 

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You think that would be left to the player to decide? That will be the manager's decision

Interestingly, whilst of course my opinion is that he’s not actually that good, he will court interest and likely be sold for a high price. 
What tends to happen is that prem teams scout him, see some really good attributes, ignore the poor ones thinking they can be coached out of him as he’s still relatively young. They buy for good money then realise a year later that he can’t be coached out of the bad traits. 
I’m happy to get good money for him, but when I’ve previously read some people on here saying he’s gonna be a top prem player and some even mentioned England before, it does make me laugh. 
As for captaincy - flip me, really!!! 

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Is this the same clever trevor who continues to ask JB to send in these deadly missiles called long throw-ins?

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s Brownhill I’m talking about by the way. Not Eliasson - Who should indeed be taking the set pieces. 

On 01/01/2020 at 21:25, Harry said:

That’s Brownhill I’m talking about by the way. Not Eliasson - Who should indeed be taking the set pieces. 

But Brownhill is captain and pulls rank.  Really not good that this is the only noticeable impact of his being made captain.  It's not been a success and now that Smith and Williams are back playing regularly seems ludicrous.  I'd rather it went to Taylor Moore as he seems like a natural leader to me.

On 01/01/2020 at 20:53, Harry said:

Cool story, but you haven't actually mentioned who the hell you are talking about???

31 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Cool story, but you haven't actually mentioned who the hell you are talking about???

On 01/01/2020 at 21:25, Harry said:

Archived