IGNORED

Lee, or Jamie Mac?

Bristol Oil Services

Lee, or Jamie Mac?   

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ve seen and heard nothing in any of Jamie McAllister's interviews to suggest he would make a good manager.

If I had to choose any of the current staff to takeover from LJ, I would rather it was Dean Holden.

12 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve gone with Jamie because it’s a change. Not because I want him. 

Id be so disappointed if we’re spending an average of 12k (I made this up) a week on 38 players and we appoint JMc. 

£13k according to Price of Football.  Not sure how calculated though!

4 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed. And what a ridiculous proposition to be contemplating as supporters of a club with regularly stated ambitions to get promotion from one of the most competitive second tiers into arguably the world's most competitive top flight. 

But its a realistic proposition with an owner who gave the equally implausible Tinnion and Millen their only managerial jobs in British football. And let's not forget that both had their passionate supporters on here. Keith Millen was the bees-knees for some and woe betide those who pointed out that he would never have got a managerial job at another club. Sadly too many of Bristol City's supporters are happy with mediocre, and with continual promises of jam tomorrow.

Tinnion, Millen..... SL is like the Domestos of chairman... kills 99% of managerial careers DEAD.

I literally can’t think of a manager who left and went on to better things after a spell at City. 

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Tinnion, Millen..... SL is like the Domestos of chairman... kills 99% of managerial careers DEAD.

I literally can’t think of a manager who left and went on to better things after a spell at City. 

I guess Derek McInnes will feel he did...

...but returning to Tinnion and Millen what amazed me was that they were considered managerial material in the first place...as I understand it Keith Millen was recently managing a club in Scandinavia, but otherwise has only ever been an assistant, at good clubs, nothing wrong with that. Tins appears to do a great job in his current role. Both appointments were handbrake strategic turns with a whiff of panic about them. Something to be avoided!

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

I guess Derek McInnes will feel he did...

...but returning to Tinnion and Millen what amazed me was that they were considered managerial material in the first place...as I understand it Keith Millen was recently managing a club in Scandinavia, but otherwise has only ever been an assistant, at good clubs, nothing wrong with that. Tins appears to do a great job in his current role. Both appointments were handbrake strategic turns with a whiff of panic about them. Something to be avoided!

The other fact there is that both (same for McInness and Lee really) had no experience around them.  In fact Lee was allowed to get rid of experience and surround d himself with fellow trainees. That makes no sense. 

Archived