IGNORED

Time's Up.....

I haven't been on any of the forums for a couple of years, mainly due to family reasons, some will know me as premorbust from the 606 boards

This will not be a popular post with some who will know that I was not a massive fan of LJ initially but was willing to let the picture play out however, having watched this football club slowly stagnate for the last couple of years with increasing frustration, enough is enough...

Cue the "best progress ever" and we're only 2 points off the play-offs" comments however, I will explain my comments for those prepared to read on and invite comment.

I call our manager a coward because it has become clear that he is tactically naïve and compensates for this by playing it safe, especially at home where the "football" or more appropriately the lack of anything resembling it has now reached an unacceptable level. Quite simply, the incumbent has run out of ideas and by persisting with the away formation at home, opposition teams have sussed us out and know that if they just sit in and defend solidly, we will rapidly run out of ideas and are there for the taking for anyone playing incisive football, per Brentford today and Blackburn before as recent examples.

I am a bit more selective re the games I go to however this is not a new thing which started this season, it has been going on for several years to the extent where with the odd exception (Huddersfield), enjoyment or, for any corporate bods reading this, the supporter "experience" at AG is pretty much non existent these days. I started watching the City in 1975 and always, we as fans were up and down out of our seats at regular intervals at home games but sadly, this is now just a dim and distant memory. I cite the recent Nottingham Forest, Millwall, and Blackburn games as examples, I swear that most of the home support had actually fallen asleep half an hour into the Forest game, having been bored stupid, it really was that dull

The man just plays football by numbers, we have probably one of the best squads we have had in decades yet it is consistently stifled by rigid adherence to "the plan". There is NO recognisable pattern of play, there is NO discernible attacking philosophy, it just seems to be a case of keep passing the ball around lads and something will probably come up. We play one up front (home and away) and, if you are going to do that, you must have your midfielders and wingers flooding the box to support however, none of this happens because our midfielders have dropped anchor, 40 yards from goal on what can only be on instruction. Massengo and Nagy WILL score goals if unleashed but they are shackled in holding roles so, there is little chance at the moment/ It could also be the fact that we haven't got used to the new phenomenon of having a player that actually crosses the ball into the box on regular occasions, when he plays that is (Eliasson) - this is something (crossing) that hasn't been seen at AG for a considerable number of years and I am sure that O'Dowda can do it as well so I have to ask the question, why is it that we have to rely on Jack Hunt to provide the crosses when Eliasson is left out rather than an actual winger...???!!!!

I watched Wolves against Man City recently and whilst I am not comparing the quality of the players, everything that Wolves had i.e. organisation, intelligence on the ball and most importantly, a committed leader (Cody) whose desire to win clearly permeated through the team, is missing. We have no spark and if football by numbers doesn't work, then we are well and truly screwed, it is dull, dull, DULL..... Just like his father, our manager has run out of ideas, although at least under GJ, we saw a period of an exciting attacking brand of football for a while. Now, we have a statistician for a manager and he has been sussed as statistics don't win games, players and tactics do.

The game is up, we need an experienced manager who knows how to play football properly and can get this squad back on track as it quite clearly can play an awful lot better than it is at present and that is solely down to one man who is holding us back with his refusal to actually play a brand of football which is anything more than functional. It has worked to the extent that we have been able to avoid any relegation drama in the last couple of seasons however that is as far as it will ever go as to quote the old saying, "not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down"

It's time to get a leader with an experienced football brain in, look at Wolves, Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom and many, many others. They have benefited massively from doing this and if we don't, we'll never go anywhere fast....

Do I take it the 606 board is a series of novels?

I got to line 6 above before thinking about penis enlargement so fair play to me.

Can somebody post a condensed version? I’m guessing “Johnson Out” but I would rather not at this time due to my aforementioned thoughts and planned correction.

28 minutes ago, Meh said:

Do I take it the 606 board is a series of novels?

I got to line 6 above before thinking about penis enlargement so fair play to me.

Can somebody post a condensed version? I’m guessing “Johnson Out” but I would rather not at this time due to my aforementioned thoughts and planned correction.

Sorry about that Meh, I don't do twitter so am not used to summarising in 10 words or less and I had a lot of frustration to get off my chest. Yes, it's time for a new manager don't you think...?

Still, I guess I can gauge your attention span from your handle, hope the enlargement goes well...

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Should of gone last season

we will never go up under him fact!

Hi Monkeh, it's good to be back in the mix...

Archived