IGNORED

Next manager?

Tim Bartlett

29 minutes ago, Tim Bartlett said:

Not a massive fan of LJ but I can’t think of an obvious successor if he goes. Any thoughts?

(Please don’t mention Warnock of Holloway)

To appease some people on here, all we need is someone who’s Dad was never involved with BCFC, but had an array of domestic titles. 
Someone who has never been sacked, rarely lost a game during their early years in management - but who won’t ever lose another one. 
Someone who will reveal the deepest club plans & secrets when asked at pre, or post, match interviews. 
They are probably best off being a minimum of 5ft 11” with a satisfactory BMI and preferably maintain a modern, yet unremarkable dress sense. 

They need to have no desire or ambition to manage any other club and have only been racking up numerous previous titles, records & trophies in order to eventually get the managers position st BCFC. 
Someone like Pep Guardiola, but NOT him, because he’s shit now. 

Hughton would be my choice, but the reality is - given a string of previous appointments - we’d end up with someone like McAllister or Holden.

SL thinks we’re some sort of mini Barcelona and we should promote from within. Luke Williams, the former U23 coach, was thought to be heir apparent to LJ before he went to MK Dons. 

I can’t see LJ going anytime soon, and there’s no guarantee his successor would be an improvement in terms of experience or pedigree. 

Hughton is the obvious name out there but the big question is whether he'd be at all interested.

I've always been impressed with Tony Mowbray - seems to quietly go about his business and build decent footballing teams. Could he be tempted away from Blackburn ?

Nathan Jones ? I know he didn't cut it at Stoke but then Stoke have been a bit of a basket case club for a couple of years.

Other than that who else is there assuming we don't want to take a massive gamble on an up and coming manager from the lower divisions ?

As a resident of Sussex and consequently with many friends supporting Brighton, I think I can say with a fair degree of confidence that none of them would have him back as a gift. His style of play cautious and not entertaining...nice man but that’s where it ends.

1 hour ago, Tim Bartlett said:

Not a massive fan of LJ but I can’t think of an obvious successor if he goes. Any thoughts?

(Please don’t mention Warnock of Holloway)

I think it has to be somebody who wi work within the current structure and buy into the current ‘way of doing things’ I think that is going to rule a lot of managers out.

i hate to say it but I think Jamie Mcallister would be the most likely.

3 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Certainly did at Forest when he was there, Boro can’t actually remember their football too much but he got results there and if you ask any Boro fan most of them would want him back.

So you want someone who can play attacking football one minute but then care more about the results the next?  Got another poster wanting experience and also John Terry.  Seems to be some confusion!

1 minute ago, EmissionImpossible said:

There’s bound to be a good suggestion soon.......

The only one people have is Hughton. If he doesn’t want it then looks like we are stumped!  Maybe 2 points of play offs doesn’t look so bad !

8 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Certainly did at Forest when he was there, Boro can’t actually remember their football too much but he got results there and if you ask any Boro fan most of them would want him back.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11727/11604615/nottingham-forest-fan-view-aitor-karankas-style-was-dull-but-another-change-is-frustrating

didn’t at forest either 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

The only one people have is Hughton. If he doesn’t want it then looks like we are stumped!  Maybe 2 points of play offs doesn’t look so bad !

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11727/11604615/nottingham-forest-fan-view-aitor-karankas-style-was-dull-but-another-change-is-frustrating

didn’t at forest either 

Hughton always seems a decent guy and probably quite a decent manager but I would have thought he would be aiming a bit better than us as I believe he has been asked by others quite recently. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is there a vacancy at AG?

There isn't...and even if there was its not going to be filled by guesswork on OTIB...enjoyable though it might be the morning after a heavy defeat.

However, the appointment of a new manager, which will inevitably happen sooner or later, will be the ultimate test of the 'head coach' system and of Mark Ashton's authority and competence. I'd be very surprised if there weren't contingency plans in place, given how much rides on the decision.

Archived