IGNORED

Next manager?

Tim Bartlett

5 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

As a resident of Sussex and consequently with many friends supporting Brighton, I think I can say with a fair degree of confidence that none of them would have him back as a gift. His style of play cautious and not entertaining...nice man but that’s where it ends.

Brighton looked pretty good in the championship- did it become more cautious in the premier league?

26 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Pepijn Lijnders

This bloke? Wouldn't the players mix him up with Weimann?

I've noticed in the last couple of games that Kalas and Watkins have become almost identical - no more confusion necessary surely?

image.jpeg.e9838eb343fe4e210a69aed4fc66d597.jpeg 

Apart from that, a very interesting suggestion. ?

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Well, I've long doubted that Steve Lansdown does have that ambition...in any more than a "wouldn't it be nice if it happened" kind of way. I don't believe he is a die-hard football supporter, the football club has fulfilled a different role in his life, given him profile and the sort of adulation anyone would appreciate, and gives his son a meaningful role. I don't criticise him for that, and have found him perfectly pleasant when I've met him. He's unquestionably left a legacy of infrastructure but on the pitch we've undeniably struggled to progress under his tenure, for all his investment.

Spot on.

In no way does that make him a bad person, but it does often feel like we are being fed bullshit about where the club wants to be.

Before a zealot jumps in with both feet, no I wouldn't want an overseas bluffer or an Oyston type either.

I firmly believe that if he allowed the club to be run like HL then he would have the best people available running it and that doesn't include any of the coaching staff nor Mark Ashton or indeed the Chairman.

Others wipe their arses with FFP and appear to get away with such transgressions, and in any event, I actually think our recruitment could be more fcussed and therefore leaner which would increase our spending power for proper, first team enhancements.

All academic of course, its how the owner wants things done, and for the vast majority of fans that is just fine.

4 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

A tight rope? You've  changed your tune quite quickly? 

Just before Luton you were saying how he was in credit and deserves all the support in the world for what hes done for us. Changed your mind after 1 win and 1 loss??

Too true, but I'm surprised by his petulant reaction to the Brentford manager, which seems a sign that he is losing the plot.  I feel LJ is still  in credit as the manager, but those sort of reactions, especially against a man who seems a gentleman like the Brentford coach, will not go down well with SL and could see him sacked if they continue.

38 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

The next david wagner what a fantasic shout yes please just the type we should be looking for best call so far psycho

Arsenal took Man City's assistant; does that mean the lot of a top Prem teams assistants has increased in perceived value? Probably. We are somewhat less attractive than Arsenal so I suspect Lijnders would consider other offers before a team like City, should they ever come calling to Anfield.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hughton won't be available right now- if he's turned down Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and Watford this season as someone said on here, why would be come to us right now?

https://www.90min.com/posts/6511348-chris-hughton-turns-down-watford-move-as-middlesbrough-consider-approach

If this is true and it was from December, he turned down Watford!! PL, finished 7th or 8th last year didn't they? Top 10 or 11 anyway, FA Cup final. Difficult season this time around, granted.

Do people think it's realistic really, that he comes here this season?

Sheffield Wednesday under investigation as you know. 

Stoke, a club in freefall, loads of overpaid players who dont want to play in the Championship. 

Watford, sack a manager every 5 minutes. It could be argued they peaked and realistically they would struggle to go any higher than that.

3 clubs all with their own issues. Even

We dont have any issues like those teams. I dont like using this term but we are primed for success. We have a stable ownership who back their managers. We have the stadium and a new training ground on the way. We are in a way very much like Brighton were in the Championship. It's easy to see why someone would reject those clubs but not us.

10 minutes ago, La Plage said:

Wolves have done ok with a foreign manager

They also have a super agent who got them players who otherwise wouldn't have given Wolves a second glance- certainly at this level! Possibly in one or two cases others too, Neves springs to mind.

However Nuno has done excellent work there...but then again, would he have gone to Wolves without Mendes? Unsure given he had previously managed Valencia and Porto, in La Liga and CL and Wolves were a middling/lower middling Championship club in the season which preceded his appointment!

Wouldn't mind looking at the foreign route- wonder what Jokanovic could do with this squad. At least we'd have an identifiable style for a start!

Believe a premier league assistant would be a good option. Some of these guys have experience of working with the top managers.

Ljinders - Top assistant. Been given high praise at Liverpool and Klopp has previously stated that Ljinders is “the brain” at the club.

John Terry - would be a bold choice but could be an attraction for a lot of players. Look at the quality Derby brought in on loan last season. Achieved promotion last season as part of the backtopm staff at villa. 

Steve Holland - not suggesting this one would be believable but he has a fantastic reputation in the game. Works alongside Southgate and surely would look to progress to management at some point in his career.

The Liverpool youth team manager who managed the side against Villa in the League Cup is highly respected as well. Believe he was asked by UEFA to carry out a high level coaching badge if I am correct. I want to say his name isn’t Neil Critchley but may be mistaken.

11 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

David Beckham 

Sky would be all over us and create a massive love in with our club. Get loads of in boxes as well. 

only joking. 

Guess who is watching the Derby game on TV?

14 hours ago, Tim Bartlett said:

Not a massive fan of LJ but I can’t think of an obvious successor if he goes. Any thoughts?

(Please don’t mention Warnock of Holloway)

Quite amusing asking for suggestions then appealing to people not to mention a couple of guys. 

Not sure these threads go that well - a while ago lots on here dismissed Nigel Pearson, he wasn’t good enough for Bristol City - but he’s made an incredible start as Watford boss - 3 wins and a draw in his first 4 games - Man Utd at home, The Blades away, Villa at home and Wolves at home - and Watford had only won one of their 17 league this season games prior to Pearson taking over.

Too many names are just binned as being unfashionable, out of touch, dinosaurs, living in the dark ages, too old, past it, tactically unaware etc, but they still manage to do it, and do it well ...

Archived