IGNORED

Next manager?

Tim Bartlett

11 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Have been some rumblings from Liverpool fans that they would like him to succeed Klopp. As I stated in my previous post, he is believed to be the tactician amongst Klopp’s staff. Also has a key input into the training sessions there.

However given the length of Klopp’s new deal, would Ljinders be open to venturing into management now? 

Another member of Klopp’s back room staff (Buvac) decided similar not too long ago.

This would be a highly impressive move from City should a vacancy become available.

Wouldn’t think Klopp would be there for another 2 or 3 seasons after winning the league this year,will be sought after by bigger clubs so there is a opportunity for him,still think gerrard is nailed on 

On 02/01/2020 at 11:21, 'Orns said:

Can't remember if it was the season they went up, or may have been the season before, Brighton ripped us apart on a Tuesday night at the gate, 0-4

One of the best displays I've seen in 30+ years on being a City fan. I remember thinking I'd have CH in a heartbeat if and when the opportunity arose. Was surprised to read how the fans turned on him so quick once they'd gone up. Did the cautious style of play only come in once they were in the PL? If so, I can understand that! Get up, stay up and build from there

I’m not that close and only really take an interest because it’s important to my friends but apparently he spent a fortune (for Brighton) and then didn’t pick them and had an attitude of sitting on any lead and generally losing it.

Having been staunchly Johnson in all the way through I’m starting to think he’s taken us as far as he can. Problem I’ve got is scanning through this thread there’s no-one that gets me particularly excited. Realistic suggestions seem to be:

- Chris Hughton

- Nathan Jones

- John Terry

- Jokanovic 

- Karanka

- Mark Robins

I’d go Hughton personally. Maybe he struggled to cut it in the Prem buts he’s proven he can get teams there.

6 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Having been staunchly Johnson in all the way through I’m starting to think he’s taken us as far as he can. Problem I’ve got is scanning through this thread there’s no-one that gets me particularly excited. Realistic suggestions seem to be:

- Chris Hughton

- Nathan Jones

- John Terry

- Jokanovic 

- Karanka

- Mark Robins

I’d go Hughton personally. Maybe he struggled to cut it in the Prem buts he’s proven he can get teams there.

He did keep Brighton up last season though, Albeit by the skin of their teeth.

31 minutes ago, Dunc said:

- Chris Hughton

- Nathan Jones

- John Terry

- Jokanovic 

- Karanka

- Mark Robins

That’s a depressing list.  Only Hughton of those inspires any confidence at all.

Archived