IGNORED

Next manager?

Tim Bartlett

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

THe post quite clearly said IF HE GOES.

Top trolling as usual

As there is no current vacancy at AG when LJ and his assistants eventually leave City the next Head Coach will be anyone’s guess as we don’t know who will be available in the future when the position becomes available.

So you can call it trolling all you like but all I asked was a straightforward and simple question............:dunno:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

As there is no current vacancy at AG when LJ and his assistants eventually leave City the next Head Coach will be anyone’s guess as we don’t know who will be available in the future when the position becomes available.

So you can call it trolling all you like but all I asked was a straightforward and simple question............:dunno:

Still trolling then...

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

We have to lose another 7 games in a row to equal the worst run under LJ. 

He didn’t get sacked then when relegation was a real possibility, so he won’t be now with the playoffs a real possibility. 

I'd say 'mathematical' rather than 'real'.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Depends if you want attractive football or aspirations for it...you won't get it with Rowett, in the main.

A great many people moan about LJ's style of play...I'm not a great fan of it tbh, but Rowett's is often worse.

No offence, but this is what infuriates me about City fans sometimes - Millwall are currently four places above us in the championship table - but we still seem to moan about the teams who apparently don’t play the silky, ‘Barca style’ football that we (allegedly) do ...even when they are they more successful than us - it just makes our fans seem smug and entitled and prepared to wait until we win the league playing amazing football ... ie , never ...

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No offence, but this is what infuriates me about City fans sometimes - Millwall are currently four places above us in the championship table - but we still seem to moan about the teams who apparently don’t play the silky, ‘Barca style’ football that we (allegedly) do ...even when they are they more successful than us - it just makes our fans seem smug and entitled and prepared to wait until we win the league playing amazing football ... ie , never ...

I'm not suggesting that we play great football- not moaning about Millwall either.,

Just making the point that IF fans want Rowett, they should know that it wouldn't be a 4-3-3, impressive passing and high press that they would be getting, most likely.

His football has some merit in places- back 3 suggests he maybe changing a bit, uses some width, some reasonably individually skilful players but he wouldn't IMO be seeking to bring to name three recent examples, Bielsa, Jokanovic or Nuno ball to AG!

Or Wilder, Farke or possibly even Wagner.

P[us of course our most recent opponents!

Rowett is not necessarily from that school of football.

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

If you'd read the post properly, you wouldn't have needed to ask a pointless question. OP posed a hypothetical question (considering there's a lot of discontent at the minute) to see who people would actually want and why right now.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I often call us “football snobs”, Millwall played much more attractive football than us that night, playing 343. Rowett showed much more in-game nous than our head-coach on the night. And it wasn’t the typical Rowett team we associate with him  or Millwall showing him in a good light. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I often call us “football snobs”, Millwall played much more attractive football than us that night, playing 343. Rowett showed much more in-game nous than our head-coach on the night. And it wasn’t the typical Rowett team we associate with him  or Millwall showing him in a good light. 

They were better than the typical Millwall- they were, I mean that, clearly, but I still wonder- it's not a possession heavy game Rowettball, just generally isn't.

Better than us certainly, despite less of the ball- depends what is defined as attractive football too...High pressing, high passing  but certainly strong possession games Jokanovic, Bielsa, Frank and yes Smith though I think Brentford have a better balance under Frank, Wilder, Farke to name 6. Rowett? Not so sure. Oh and Potter of course- make that 7, he's showing it now at Brighton.

Definitely much more in-game nous though, no doubt.

A back 3 defintiely seems new for Rowett though- and credit to him.

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They were better than the typical Millwall- they were, I mean that, clearly, but I still wonder- it's not a possession heavy game Rowettball, just generally isn't.

Better than us certainly, despite less of the ball- depends what is defined as attractive football too...High pressing, high passing  but certainly strong possession games Jokanovic, Bielsa, Frank and yes Smith though I think Brentford have a better balance under Frank, Wilder, Farke to name 6. Rowett? Not so sure. Oh and Potter of course- make that 7, he's showing it now at Brighton.

Definitely much more in-game nous though, no doubt.

A back 3 defintiely seems new for Rowett though- and credit to him.

The movement of Bodvarsson, Bradshaw and J.Wallace was really good, to plan, showing how quickly Rowett had set a system.

It reminded me of Barkhuisen, Maguire and Robinson 2 seasons back at PNE.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The movement of Bodvarsson, Bradshaw and J.Wallace was really good, to plan, showing how quickly Rowett had set a system.

It reminded me of Barkhuisen, Maguire and Robinson 2 seasons back at PNE.

A back 3, which also enables a front 3 and that movement which you cite (noty with all teams of course but with Millwall's personnel) seems to be a new development for him. Credit to him.

Preston, they're a funny side. Massive gamesmanship at times as we know and can be quite defensive or conceding of the ball...but some very good individuals and yeah combinations such as that one.

When LJ goes, as he must because no manager stays forever, I’m sure his replacement will be a total surprise. Look at some of City’s recent managers - LJ, Cotts, McInness, Coppell,  Millen, Tinnion etc. Their appointments were all a surprise to a varying degree. To predict the next manager we need the improbability drive from The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agreed. Bit baffled about why too - our best teams have always been built on strength and determination rather than a particular style of play that defined us, let alone anything that prized aesthetics over results. 

On 02/01/2020 at 16:47, AshtonRobin21 said:

Believe a premier league assistant would be a good option. Some of these guys have experience of working with the top managers.

Ljinders - Top assistant. Been given high praise at Liverpool and Klopp has previously stated that Ljinders is “the brain” at the club.

John Terry - would be a bold choice but could be an attraction for a lot of players. Look at the quality Derby brought in on loan last season. Achieved promotion last season as part of the backtopm staff at villa. 

Steve Holland - not suggesting this one would be believable but he has a fantastic reputation in the game. Works alongside Southgate and surely would look to progress to management at some point in his career.

The Liverpool youth team manager who managed the side against Villa in the League Cup is highly respected as well. Believe he was asked by UEFA to carry out a high level coaching badge if I am correct. I want to say his name isn’t Neil Critchley but may be mistaken.

That gives me a tingle down below

22 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

That gives me a tingle down below

Have been some rumblings from Liverpool fans that they would like him to succeed Klopp. As I stated in my previous post, he is believed to be the tactician amongst Klopp’s staff. Also has a key input into the training sessions there.

However given the length of Klopp’s new deal, would Ljinders be open to venturing into management now? 

Another member of Klopp’s back room staff (Buvac) decided similar not too long ago.

This would be a highly impressive move from City should a vacancy become available.

46 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

When LJ goes, as he must because no manager stays forever, I’m sure his replacement will be a total surprise. Look at some of City’s recent managers - LJ, Cotts, McInness, Coppell,  Millen, Tinnion etc. Their appointments were all a surprise to a varying degree. To predict the next manager we need the improbability drive from The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy 

Regretably, I wouldn't have said Millen, Tinnion or LJ were surprises.

9 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Have been some rumblings from Liverpool fans that they would like him to succeed Klopp. As I stated in my previous post, he is believed to be the tactician amongst Klopp’s staff. Also has a key input into the training sessions there.

However given the length of Klopp’s new deal, would Ljinders be open to venturing into management now? 

Another member of Klopp’s back room staff (Buvac) decided similar not too long ago.

This would be a highly impressive move from City should a vacancy become available.

Would be great mate......stranger things have happened! They may just look at us as the proverbial 'sleeping giant' and see some potential.

Archived