IGNORED

Did anyone see this yesterday?

Silvio Dante

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Were my eyes deceiving me yesterday or on that through ball from Weimann to Ollie Watkins five minutes into the second half did anyone else see the linesman half raise his flag for offside until he realised/was told that it was us playing Brentford in and not them cutting through?

Yes! I think he had a great New Year's Eve judging by his performance! 

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Were my eyes deceiving me yesterday or on that through ball from Weimann to Ollie Watkins five minutes into the second half did anyone else see the linesman half raise his flag for offside until he realised/was told that it was us playing Brentford in and not them cutting through?

Yes I did. What a joke the officials were, think Jansson could kill Fam and the ref would wave play on.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe Gary Owers and Ali Durden make quite a comment about it on Radio Bristol.

10 hours ago, numbeast said:

I saw that but I think he was rather flustered having told one supporter to fk off. He was unfit physically  and unable to keep up with the play.

I lodged a complaint about the linesman with a club steward, who said it would be passed to the referee,  and also advised me to email the FA, which I've done. 

He probably took less grief than most linesman,  but still thought it acceptable to tell the crowd to f##k off. 

It'll be interesting to see what sort of response I get.

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yes!!! Nobody saw it around me at all. I took great delight in laughing about it as clearly it was the only ‘highlight’ of the game. 

8 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

I lodged a complaint about the linesman with a club steward, who said it would be passed to the referee,  and also advised me to email the FA, which I've done. 

He probably took less grief than most linesman,  but still thought it acceptable to tell the crowd to f##k off. 

Were you the unlucky one he told where to go- to Go Forth and Multiply?

Very unprofessional of him, I must say.

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Were you the unlucky one he told where to go- to Go Forth and Multiply?

Very unprofessional of him, I must say.

I can't say it was at me personally,  more at the general area we were sat in. As you'd expect the crowd contributed, (e.g. I yelled at him to ask if he was watching the same game when he gave off side but was 10 yards behind play) , but like I said line-o's have taken far more grief than he did in that first half hour & kept their composure.

Maybe if his top hadn't shrunk in the wash he wouldn't have been so tense, it looked like it was cutting off his circulation.

3 hours ago, ciderrider said:

Personally knowing what abuse referees and linesmen get from the crowd I say fair play to him and hope your complaint - considering you acknowledge that his comment was directed back at the crowd generally rather than at anyone in particular - is greeted with the indifference that it deserves. 

10 hours ago, NickJ said:

Personally knowing what abuse referees and linesmen get from the crowd I say fair play to him and hope your complaint - considering you acknowledge that his comment was directed back at the crowd generally rather than at anyone in particular - is greeted with the indifference that it deserves. 

If it was a player there would be uproar,  and the kids in the crowd shouldn't be hearing that from a match official. I appreciate they take a lot of flak but I don't feel that behaviour is acceptable.

My boy, who heard it, plays football and respect is constantly drummed into them. 

31 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

If it was a player there would be uproar,  and the kids in the crowd shouldn't be hearing that from a match official. I appreciate they take a lot of flak but I don't feel that behaviour is acceptable.

My boy, who heard it, plays football and respect is constantly drummed into them. 

He shouldn’t hear it from adults around him either, but I bet the crowd would have been shouting “**** off Lino” at some point...

Archived