IGNORED

Team for Shrewsbury

ExiledAjax

1 minute ago, redapple said:

Might be able to retain the ball with that team, and lots of teams play without a recognised No.9 . 

Pay me enough money to manage that team and I’d guarantee promotion this season. 

Im assuming Brownhill is leaving , but his ball retention has been dire lately as has Hunts. 

Wow ????

23 minutes ago, redapple said:

O’Leary 

Periera

Dasilva

Kalas 

Moore

Nagy

Massengo   

Morrell 

Smith 

Palmer 

Elliason 

16 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

4 central midfielders , a winger and an attacking midfielder. No striker.

Ok.

And a cup-tied Goalkeeper 

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interestingly Rodri's stats show that he's a pretty positive influence. He's behind only Hunt and Eliasson in "Key Passes"* and behind those two and Brownhill in expected assists. He's well ahead of Weimann and Diedhiou in both these metrics. Yes he's not scored yet but he doesn't weigh us down when he plays.

*I'm never quite sure what a "Key Pass" exactly is, I assume it's something like the pass before an assist?

Eliasson on that chart ?

1 minute ago, Roe said:

Eliasson on that chart ?

Absolute madness isn't it. almost needs his own graph.

His figures are a little exaggerated as the graph includes set pieces. So all Eliasson's corners count. But still...Brownhill takes corners as well and whilst he looks good on the graph, he's absolutely nowhere near Eliasson.

Johnson needs to win this game so if I was him I would play my best 11. So that's Pereira instead of Hunt. Nagy instead of Smith. Massengo instead of Brownhill. Taylor instead of Williams. Then when we are 4-0 up with 20 to go bring on the subs who need some game time.

No doubt LJ has spent the last 2 days with the players power-pointing the **** out of Shrewsbury’s strengths and will combat them with a back 5. 

FWIW, I’m quite looking forward to it. Hopefully see a few of the fringe players that you rarely get to see!! 

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Bentley

Pereira Kalas Moore Dasilva

Nagy HNM

Eliasson Palmer Semenyo 

Weimann

I’m convinced Mäenpää will start in goal.

I think your back 4 is spot on.

Ahead of that, no idea, LJ torn between giving minutes and avoiding a banana skin.

Archived