IGNORED

Shrews game

slartibartfast

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Just seen the on the OS ?. Not even a typo, it’s on a few links that might list KO times.

Another "initiative" from the FA so they can pat themselves on the back whilst actually doing nothing. Kicking off 1 minute late to promote mental well-being amongst football fans.

Yes:

The Football Association has today announced that all Emirates FA Cup third round ties will be delayed by one minute to encourage fans to ‘Take A Minute’ to think about looking after their mental health, as part of the Heads Up campaign.

The move will see all 32 ties, excluding replays, kick off one minute later than their traditionally scheduled broadcast and non-broadcast timeslots, for example 3.01pm, 12.16pm and 7.46pm.

It is hoped that the initiative will raise awareness of the importance of looking after our mental health, with 60 seconds representing just the first step in the journey to improved wellbeing. During the minute delay, fans will be encouraged to consider the positive impact 60 seconds can have on their own wellbeing or in supporting a friend or family member.

17 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Yes:

The Football Association has today announced that all Emirates FA Cup third round ties will be delayed by one minute to encourage fans to ‘Take A Minute’ to think about looking after their mental health, as part of the Heads Up campaign.

The move will see all 32 ties, excluding replays, kick off one minute later than their traditionally scheduled broadcast and non-broadcast timeslots, for example 3.01pm, 12.16pm and 7.46pm.

It is hoped that the initiative will raise awareness of the importance of looking after our mental health, with 60 seconds representing just the first step in the journey to improved wellbeing. During the minute delay, fans will be encouraged to consider the positive impact 60 seconds can have on their own wellbeing or in supporting a friend or family member.

I’ll look after my mental health for 90 minutes and stay away Saturday.....

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I’ll look after my mental health for 90 minutes and stay away Saturday.....

Many City fans will be doing that, that is a certainty.

Just now, weepywall said:

8000 tops I recon, I was tempted but after yesterday don't think I can face it and if the team isn't up for it we could get beat.

Not helped by the kick off time or the dreadful run of form. Also the pricing structure could have been more appealing, although I'm aware that Shrewsbury had input on this due to FA rules. 

1 minute ago, just like watching brazil said:

Everyone should boycott this game as a message to lansdown.i will be as I’ll be on a flight  to Gran Canaria

Slightly extreme. Boycott because of being mid table in the championship? 

Didn't Ipswich do something similar.....how are they getting on? 

Give him till the end of the season then review it.

We 3 agreed to decide whether to buy tickets for the Shrewsbury game after seeing how we played against Brentford.  You can guess what our decision was.

I checked our block of the Dolman and only a handful of tickets in it had been sold.

Even worse, LJ will probably play a second string 11 which will be worse than watching the first 11 on Wednesday.

I reckon a very poor gate and Shrewsbury very likely to turn us over as they are a pretty decent team.

May change our minds perhaps if Nketiah signs in time ?

Oh for the good old days - City 11 - 0 win against Chichester in the 1960 FA Cup. I was only 11 years old and didn’t go. I’m hoping time machines will be invented soon so that I can go back and watch John Atyeo score 5 

I have a friend going abroad to work for a couple of years and have decided to attend their all day leaving do from the start rather than turning up at about 3pm miserable as sin!!! Not gloating about staying away and not really a boycott of the game by any stretch but not gutted about missing it either.....

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Oh for the good old days - City 11 - 0 win against Chichester in the 1960 FA Cup. I was only 11 years old and didn’t go. I’m hoping time machines will be invented soon so that I can go back and watch John Atyeo score 5 

I was there that day. I lost count as there was no scoreboard or screens then. On the telly, both teams were in black and white.??

Archived