IGNORED

Tonight's matches

Kodjias Wrist

I picked to watch the Derby v Barnsley match as I was interested in seeing how much coverage Rooney got. Coleen got a bit of screen time as well. 

Quite a decent game tbf and Marriott finally got his goal after a few missed chances. At the back Derby gifted Barnsley the ball more than we do atm.

Anyone watching the Swans match? 

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I picked to watch the Derby v Barnsley match as I was interested in seeing how much coverage Rooney got. Coleen got a bit of screen time as well. 

Quite a decent game tbf and Marriott finally got his goal after a few missed chances. At the back Derby gifted Barnsley the ball more than we do atm.

Anyone watching the Swans match? 

I'm watching the Swans.....good goal from them....currently 1-0

16 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

"Wayne Rooney's Derby County", as they shall henceforth be known.

Or to give them their full and proper name, "Wayne Rooney's ( formerly known as Frank Lampard's) Derby without their own stadium County"

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

BBC website has commenced with the Rooney love-in…

:wub:    :protest:

Commentators wil be issued with a box of tissues when attending Derby matches in future.

11 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Watching Sheffield Utd with lower league players from Oxford, Notts County and the likes giving the current World Club Champions a decent run for their money.

Where have we gone wrong. Deary me.

Tbh this Sheffield United are a total outlier.

Without Wilder they wouldn't be half the side IMO.

Most clubs in the country or at least clubs for whom it's halfway feasible will be saying this and more!

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh this Sheffield United are a total outlier.

Without Wilder they wouldn't be half the side IMO.

Most clubs in the country or at least clubs for whom it's halfway feasible will be saying this and more!

Just shows how important a decent manager is.

Have never really understood that Clubs chuck £millions at very average players yet a Manager is almost an after-thought and people bulk at paying £millions in compensation for them.

Best and most exciting and likely, cheapest, signing we could make this window is a top manager imo.

Just now, RedRock said:

Just shows how important a decent manager is.

Have never really understood that Clubs chuck £millions at very average players yet a Manager is almost an after-thought and people bulk at paying £millions in compensation for them.

Best signing and most exciting and likely, cheapest, signing we could make this window is a top manager imo.

I think he's more than decent myself but I know what you're saying very much so.

Agreed- managers can make a major difference. Wilder seems somewhat exceptional right now IMO but time will tell. Less of an achievement as they have a big budget at this level, but Leeds when he took over were mooching about in the boittom half. Still have many of the same players as 2 years ago!

Unsure I've quite given up on LJ but if we do, it is defo worth investing in- and not just a name- but a high quality manager. Said manager may well get more out of our current squad, and I think we have not a bad squad.

Archived