IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

An interesting story in the Post ( never thought I’d write this sentence) 

Palmer is unhappy with what’s happening at City and his relationship with LJ is at rock bottom. 

With several clubs interested he could be out the door this window.

A big problem is that KP is friends with Nketiah who has asked him what life at City is like .

The implication is that as LJ is cold shouldering KP the report will not be very positive.

If we sell KP it will be ‘ LJ OUT ‘ for me . 

The whole KP scenario screams of mismanagement and he is not the only player who has suffered from it .

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Incredibly, Gregor McG is now seen as a credible source and above reproach. I guess if you want to believe something, it makes life easier.

I don't think he's beyond reproach, however it tallys with what I have heard from multiple people who are usually in the right ballpark when it comes to stuff like this. 

If we sign Nketiah it will be because of the promise of regular football which will be best for his development. It would have nothing to do with the fact that his best mate, who has been shit most the season, is not happy.

Arsenal wouldn’t recall him from sitting in the bench at Leeds just to sit on the bench at City, so why would be not join us because of Palmer?

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Incredibly, Gregor McG is now seen as a credible source and above reproach. I guess if you want to believe something, it makes life easier.

Think he’s always been fairly credible . If anything I would say he’s always been too easy in LJ  in interviews , never asking the tough questions.  

2 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

I don't think he's beyond reproach, however it tallys with what I have heard from multiple people who are usually in the right ballpark when it comes to stuff like this. 

Then the bad apples are the ones who should be out the door, it only takes one.

The annoying thing is it could be the missing part, not only for the team but Palmer himself. Our movement in the final third has been shite, since Afobe got injured .It has almost been pointless having  KP in the team, as his vision and passing is wasted. The ideal scenario would be we sign a couple of quick mobile strikers and get the best out of Palmer again.

it will be a complete waste of time, money and talent if we let KP go, and it could cost  us another target if true, not great all around.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If we sign Nketiah it will be because of the promise of regular football which will be best for his development. It would have nothing to do with the fact that his best mate, who has been shit most the season, is not happy.

Arsenal wouldn’t recall him from sitting in the bench at Leeds just to sit on the bench at City, so why would be not join us because of Palmer?

Because Palmer might have told him a few home truths about LJ and he might not want to play under a manager who allegedly has lost the dressing room (no source just loads of rumours)

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If we sell KP it will be ‘ LJ OUT ‘ for me . 

The whole KP scenario screams of mismanagement and he is not the only player who has suffered from it .

The whole KP scenario screams of a crap attitude and a disruptive influence along with failure to stick to the team’s instructions............No manager will want to keep a disruptive player around the squad.

Good riddance I say.

Is there any proof of this falling out? Palmer seems like a reasonable guy and a: would of been happy with the game time he got when afobe was fit. And b: should be the first to admit he's not been great when he's featured recently. I think this 'falling out' could just be a not entirely unfeasible story that those with an agenda are latching on to as another weapon to discredit johnson.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The whole KP scenario screams of a crap attitude and a disruptive influence along with failure to stick to the team’s instructions...........

Its not the first player to fall out with LJ and be shown the door though is it. 

.No manager will want to keep a disruptive player around the squad.

Well there seems to be a lot of managers queing up for his signature they probably know how to manager gifted players like KP. Obviously LJ doesnt

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Then the bad apples are the ones who should be out the door, it only takes one.

Agree with that but again I can only go on hearsay but if what I am hearing is correct Palmer hasn't fallen out with LJ because of not being in the team rather a collection of senior players as well have taken exception to how LJ managed another situation entirely, also explains why COD has disappeared completely despite being in the squad no matter how crap he was. 

13 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think he’s always been fairly credible . If anything I would say he’s always been too easy in LJ  in interviews , never asking the tough questions.  

Either way, it makes little sense from Palmers perspective. He was in the team when Afobe was here and doing well. Johnson is looking for a striker who might be able to replace Afobe's playing style which would surely help him get back in the side, and he's going to scupper that? 

Regarding the "Maverick" players in both Johnson era's, which of them have gone on to be incredibly successful under other managers?

Hasn’t even given Palmer a good run in the team since he signed him. Why sign him in the first place if he’s not going to give him a chance. Palmer and Eliasson are the only 2 players in the squad that can make things happen, yet are the 2 who struggle to get game time. Whilst others who underperform week after week and just walk in.

Yet more piss poor man management from LJ

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What has Gregor done to suggest he is not credible? Genuine question. To my mind he’s been a decent reporter since he arrived, not sensationalist, finding out what he can and passing it on.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What has Gregor done to suggest he is not credible? Genuine question. To my mind he’s been a decent reporter since he arrived, not sensationalist, finding out what he can and passing it on.

To be fair early in his time at the post he used to just repeat any old crap that appeared in here or social media, as he didn't really have any contacts at the club. However he has built these up and is usually fairly reliable these days. 

22 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Because a talented player like KP can’t even make the squad on match day , there is a doubt that  the same thing could happen to Arsenal’s player . 

You wouldn’t want your player getting on the wrong side of the head coach . 

I think if LJ is actually successful in recruiting Eddie and his other "identified targets" then his job will be safe until end of season. However if January recruitment is a disaster for whatever reason and we end up getting none of the promised players I could see him going before the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

Hasn’t even given Palmer a good run in the team since he signed him. Why sign him in the first place if he’s not going to give him a chance. Palmer and Eliasson are the only 2 players in the squad that can make things happen, yet are the 2 who struggle to get game time. Whilst others who underperform week after week and just walk in.

Yet more piss poor man management from LJ

The article says that it was an Ashton ‘ punt ‘ signing and it appears that LJ wasn’t that keen on KP. 

We all saw the lack of game time given to KP during his loan and many were surprised that we signed him after that .

We can also factor in a despondent Afobe if KP goes . 

I don’t doubt that KP isn’t perfect but a good coach would harness his abundant talent and apparent desire to settle at a club . 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

For local journo’s to be putting stories like this out there is clearly some disconnect with the club. He’s not going to get anything from LJ moving forwards......

Exactly - I can’t see him putting something like this out there if he wasn’t 100% sure it was true. It’s going to make his job very difficult going forward!

13 minutes ago, westonred said:

Its not the first player to fall out with LJ and be shown the door though is it. 

.No manager will want to keep a disruptive player around the squad.

Well there seems to be a lot of managers queing up for his signature they probably know how to manager gifted players like KP. Obviously LJ doesnt

LJ felt when KP was on loan that he could help him develop as a player particularly if he had a full pre season with him. That didn’t happen.

LJ has seen KP close up, knows all about his ability and also his character and I get the impression that it’s KPs character that’s the problem here.

Other managers won’t have worked with KP and only see his footballing talents and naturally they’d been keen to sign him.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

The article says that it was an Ashton ‘ punt ‘ signing and it appears that LJ wasn’t that keen on KP. 

We all saw the lack of game time given to KP during his loan and many were surprised that we signed him after that .

We can also factor in a despondent Afobe if KP goes . 

I don’t doubt that KP isn’t perfect but a good coach would harness his abundant talent and apparent desire to settle at a club . 

Well as LJ is head coach that is usually how it works. Head coach is given players and up to him to make it work. MA is doing his job. Kasey Palmer at the price is almost a no brainer. One good season his price triples at his age and with his CV. 

Archived