IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

46 minutes ago, Port Red said:

My concern whether we believe it or not is the impact this might have on other potential incomings.  It doesn't look good to players or agents doing due diligence on the club.

I would think that clubs would do a little more due diligence on him than reading the Bristol Clickbait Post!

41 minutes ago, westonred said:

Because Palmer might have told him a few home truths about LJ and he might not want to play under a manager who allegedly has lost the dressing room (no source just loads of rumours)

Yeah, no source just loads of rumours....unsubstantiated claims by people on here and other social media platforms.  As has been said before, the effort put in on Wednesday didn't scream of a lost dressing room.

30 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Agree with that but again I can only go on hearsay but if what I am hearing is correct Palmer hasn't fallen out with LJ because of not being in the team rather a collection of senior players as well have taken exception to how LJ managed another situation entirely, also explains why COD has disappeared completely despite being in the squad no matter how crap he was. 

COD has disappeared completely because he has been shocking.  KP has disappeared completely because he has been shocking.  I really do think people read far too much into things.  Who genuinely thinks that either deserve a place in the team at the moment based on their last however many performances on the pitch?!?

29 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

Hasn’t even given Palmer a good run in the team since he signed him. Why sign him in the first place if he’s not going to give him a chance. Palmer and Eliasson are the only 2 players in the squad that can make things happen, yet are the 2 who struggle to get game time. Whilst others who underperform week after week and just walk in.

Yet more piss poor man management from LJ

Eliasson hasn't been given a run in the team this season....neither has KP.  One of those players, when given a chance has grabbed it with both hands and put in some sensational performances.  The other......is Kasey Palmer.

The harsh reality of the situation is that KP simply has not delivered since Afobe got injured.  Now that could be down to Diedhiou not having the same footballing brain and ability as BA and therefore not reading the play as well.  But frankly there have been times when the effort he's put in when given a chance simply has not been good enough.  I hope we keep him.  I hope we sign a striker that can read KP's vision as well as BA could and that we'll then see the best of KP return.  If he was to leave though then it's not going to cause a gaping hole in the team, because he's not been good enough to fill that hole himself anyway.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Too many “stories” from various sources coming out of the club at the moment. Time for Steve Lansdown to get involved as he does from time to time. What the **** is the media team doing feeding stories to you to post on a forum, no disrespect intended?

He wasn't feeding stories to me for the purpose of posting it on here. As soon as I saw rumours of LJ losing the dressing room I felt it was right to share it, whether others believe it or not is completely up to them. However imo these rumours of fallings out etc are complete nonsense and it's another excuse for the Johnson Out clappers to have ammunition towards LJ.  

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

This is true Major. Remember when LJ said he wanted to spend a pre season with KP which never happened. It wasn't LJs decision to sign him, MA and a certain board member went ahead with the deal. As I previously stated this was to keep relations with Chelsea. 

Surely not!!  But LJ always maintains he has the absolute final say in transfers! ?

What a mess.

7 minutes ago, Robson said:

Not true. 
I spoke to someone who works in the media team at city and Palmer has been seriously affected by the death of Afobe's daughter. His head isn't in the right place to play at the moment hence why he's not been in the team. 
A loan elsewhere could do him some good as a fresh start, we will not sell him unless a massive bid comes in for him. 

I would love to think that the story is not true however even before the tragic death of Afobe’s daughter no one could claim that KP was a nailed on starter . 

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The whole KP scenario screams of a crap attitude and a disruptive influence along with failure to stick to the team’s instructions............No manager will want to keep a disruptive player around the squad.

Good riddance I say.

Not too sure someone with an awful attitude and poor influence would be doing 2 hours of private gym sessions a day to keep in shape tbf. Tomlin maybe, KP doesn't strike me as so. You could see how incredibly happy and excited he was to be here and to be 'finally settled for his family'. Whether LJ didnt actually want him, doesnt know how to use him, can only play in a certain system etc seems more the issue to me than a rotten apple 

2 minutes ago, Robson said:

He wasn't feeding stories to me for the purpose of posting it on here. As soon as I saw rumours of LJ losing the dressing room I felt it was right to share it, whether others believe it or not is completely up to them. However imo these rumours of fallings out etc are complete nonsense and it's another excuse for the Johnson Out clappers to have ammunition towards LJ.  

I appreciate it wasn’t given to you to post on here but it seems to me there are too many loose tongues around the Gate atm. Like I said I think Steve needs to get involved atm as there is a feeling to me of a couple more defeats and the wheels will fall off!!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I appreciate it wasn’t given to you to post on here but it seems to me there are too many loose tongues around the Gate atm. Like I said I think Steve needs to get involved atm as there is a feeling to me of a couple more defeats and the wheels will fall off!!

I agree with you, Lansdown or Ashton needs to step him. Squash all these rumours and carry on as normal. 

12 minutes ago, Robson said:

Not true. 
I spoke to someone who works in the media team at city and Palmer has been seriously affected by the death of Afobe's daughter. His head isn't in the right place to play at the moment hence why he's not been in the team. 
A loan elsewhere could do him some good as a fresh start, we will not sell him unless a massive bid comes in for him. 

Don’t apply logic and compassion to this story when there is a much better conspiracy theory to be had!

The reality is that whatever his sources, and wherever the truth lies, the Bristol sports reporter who covers Bristol City week in and week out will be assumed by the wider world to know what is going on at the club. It is a story of behind the scenes discontent at a point at which they want to be doing business. Not great timing!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

An interesting story in the Post ( never thought I’d write this sentence) 

Palmer is unhappy with what’s happening at City and his relationship with LJ is at rock bottom. 

With several clubs interested he could be out the door this window.

A big problem is that KP is friends with Nketiah who has asked him what life at City is like .

The implication is that as LJ is cold shouldering KP the report will not be very positive.

If we sell KP it will be ‘ LJ OUT ‘ for me . 

The whole KP scenario screams of mismanagement and he is not the only player who has suffered from it .

Well if this is true then LJ Job must be in the balance. 
Losing Palmer is bad enough, but also losing potential signings is a nightmare. 
It sounds as though he’s definitely lost the changing room and this couldn’t have come in a worse month. 

18 minutes ago, Robson said:

Not true. 

How would a loan elsewhere help him come to death with Afobes daughter?

That makes no sense 

17 minutes ago, Robson said:

Not true. 

Johnson was asked directly about the Palmer situation in the post match interview after, I think, the Luton game, his reply was that Palmer had to earn the right to the shirt & keep it. Surely that would have been the perfect time for Johnson to quash the rumours but he didn’t. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

How the club respond to this story should be interesting. GMG seems to have good links to the club so you’d think it’d be very reckless to publish this if he didn’t have full confidence in the source. 

GMG also has a professional reputation as a journalist to enhance. This is a great exclusive - linked to one of the highest profile potential loan moves in the country. It'll raise GMG's profile. Won't do his reputation any harm at all in the long run I'd suggest, regardless of how the club reacts.

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

There are obvious and worrying parallels with the GJ era. 
Failure to find a quality forward

mismanagement of our most exciting players

increasing reliance on expensive loan players

All true and.....

Building a massive squad

constant shuffling the team

selling players, buying players who are no better

clubs in the bag 

falling out with players

it’s just like the last days of GJ

for Palmer, read Eliasson, read Tomlin,  read Trundle... flair players who underachieved here. 

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

GMG also has a professional reputation as a journalist to enhance. This is a great exclusive - linked to one of the highest profile potential loan moves in the country. It'll raise GMG's profile. Won't do his reputation any harm at all in the long run I'd suggest, regardless of how the club reacts.

Reporters aren’t exactly known for their integrity...........how do we know how much of GMGs ‘exclusive’ isn’t exaggerated somewhat?  ..........:dunno:

11 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Indeed, but only if it’s accurate! 

41 minutes ago, Olé said:

Indeed - @Shtanley interviewed GMG in a recent podcast and he has a good relationship with LJ, he's hardly going to post this unless he knows it to be credible, what's the point in burning bridges for a cheap story if it isn't? It makes no sense.

I've said my piece on a prior Kasey Palmer thread last week - the idea he's been "crap" is ridiculous, bar a few thankless and very sporadic cameos recently. Another victim of the lack of consistent approach and scapegoating of certain players.

can't believe you've ghosted me on the Gregor osib front, i was there too mate ??

Image result for milhouse playing alone

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Reporters aren’t exactly known for their integrity...........how do we know how much of GMGs ‘exclusive’ isn’t exaggerated somewhat?  ..........:dunno:

There are plenty of reporters renowned for their integrity, I don't think we can have have any reason to assume that GMG is anything less that full of it! 

He's just tweeted that he'd given LJ the chance to reply and that his piece is 'fair and balanced'. The question is where did he get the story from?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The whole KP scenario screams of a crap attitude and a disruptive influence along with failure to stick to the team’s instructions............No manager will want to keep a disruptive player around the squad.

Good riddance I say.

He’s never come across like that at all. Take your LJ blinkers off. He’s got the same trait as his old man , who you didn’t like. He can’t handle egos . 

25 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

COD has disappeared completely because he has been shocking.  KP has disappeared completely because he has been shocking.  I really do think people read far too much into things.  Who genuinely thinks that either deserve a place in the team at the moment based on their last however many performances on the pitch?!?

Only taken Johnson a year to notice that COD isn't good enough then? Why the sudden realisation? KP has certainly not been shocking, he has been played out of position and has been a victim of the LJ tombola of selection. 

It's the singling out of particular players that is the problem, Moore gets publicly blamed for a goal that was as mush JD fault as his. Brownhill put in 3 of the worst midfield performances since Dinning against Millwall, Blackburn and Wednesday, yet Massengo gets the blame publicly. 

Kalas was absolutely awful against Brentford yet not a word said. 

Palmers performances have been no worse than any of our other players for large periods this season, but he's been bombed out. 

1 hour ago, Spud55 said:

Agree with that but again I can only go on hearsay but if what I am hearing is correct Palmer hasn't fallen out with LJ because of not being in the team rather a collection of senior players as well have taken exception to how LJ managed another situation entirely, also explains why COD has disappeared completely despite being in the squad no matter how crap he was. 

Highly likely he has lost the dressing room. There are players in that dressing room now, like Palmer and Williams and Nagy who have been in and around top managers and setups and the verdict seems to be Lee’s not quite there with his tactics and man management. Not to say he can’t get there in the future. That was the trade off SL took when he appointed him but this story, which clearly has substance, is depressing for any City fan and feels significant.

In fairness, KP has not really performed this season, just occasional moments, and we can’t afford that in the team. In fairness, he showed enough inconsistency last season to make us wary of signing him, so I was surprised that we did. I’d be more than happy to let him go, and if he is successful elsewhere, good luck to him. It’s more down to the balance of the team than Lee.

Nic is a bit of a dilemma, and a bit of a victim of defensive frailties. The 3 CB’s made us dull, but hard to beat, particularly away. And it covered up shortcomings in midfield and at FB.

As for Nikita, we need to stop obsessing with him, there will be other forwards available, he’s just one of many options. Not all the reports of his performances at Leeds are positive, so he might not be the Messiah. 

Archived