IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

23 minutes ago, Antman said:

this - ,

is a comma

this - .

is a fully stop

'While a full stop ends a sentence, a comma indicates a smaller break. Some writers think of a comma as a soft pause—a punctuation mark that separates words, clauses, or ideas within a sentence.'

go on, try 'em.

Ill give you 50p next home game so you can ring someone who give a **** 

38 minutes ago, Chappers said:

What is the description of talented based on? He has never shown any consistency for us, often described as a show pony, and it’s a tad harsh blaming Lee that a player you like is not as good as you want him to be. 

How can he show consistency when he is not being picked consistently playing in a consistent position. 

Johnsons has shown people of Palmers skill level arn't really his cup of tea.

Disagree? Feel free to look at Elliasons minutes this season. 

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

@Harry too:

I'd say it was an example of one of those trivial things that Wilbrahim mentioned.

He sent a picture eating cake, big deal.

Too many people with a sense of humour bypass.

Top managers would probably have a laugh about it with the player, if it was a joke meant in the right spirit.

The important thing is not silly pictures which in reality probably helped to build team spirit among the players, but how the player in question performs when he actually gets on the pitch.

As I said before, Johnson was able to try Tomlin out for 3 months before buying, he should have known exactly what he was getting - however you look at it, if Johnson didn't like the player, he only had himself to blame for buying him.

Same with Palmer. Johnson had him for half a season, on the strength of that buys him for 2 or 3 million and then decides he doesn't fit into the squad never mind the starting 11. Bizarre.

I think the bit in bold is the key bit. And the reality is we don't really know what spirit it was meant in or how it was perceived.

I think, from my perspective of managing people, I would find that funny and have a laugh about it if the player was doing that but also clearly trying to get in shape. If he was sending a picture of himself eating cake and simultaneously clearly eating too much and not looking after himself, it's unprofessional. I'd not get angry with them but I'd also be clear in my mind that they were ignoring what I asked and not putting themselves in the best possible shape.

When I was a bit younger, I learned the hard way that you can take the piss out of yourself and joke about your lack of professionalism when you are performing well and hitting the targets but you do find that the second you slip, you've put the pressure on yourself. I used to joke with a line manager of mine about the fact I'd sometimes come into work completely hungover, present in front of external clients and still be able to utterly smash it. He found it funny but there was a day when a presentation went wrong and - although I wasn't actually hungover that day and that wasn't a factor in at all - the same manager who found my joking around funny before still gave me a bollocking for a lack of professionalism. I was fuming at the time but the reality is that I completely brought that on myself. If you joke about not being professional, you set yourself up to be a scapegoat. 

32 minutes ago, Antman said:

this - ,

is a comma

this - .

is a fully stop

'While a full stop ends a sentence, a comma indicates a smaller break. Some writers think of a comma as a soft pause—a punctuation mark that separates words, clauses, or ideas within a sentence.'

go on, try 'em.

No need really.

I would bet everyone who read that understood exactly what was posted.

50 minutes ago, Chappers said:

What is the description of talented based on? He has never shown any consistency for us, often described as a show pony, and it’s a tad harsh blaming Lee that a player you like is not as good as you want him to be. 

To be consistent you have to play regularly  10-15 minutes here and there doesn’t Do any player any good. If I need to explain what talented means in KP’s case then I’m lost for words

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I’ve not read the whole of this thread so apologies I’m I am making points that others have but I think the rift rumours are rubbish. Kasey was on fire when linking with  Afobe early this season, they had a great friendship off the pitch too. Then obviously Afobe had a awful injury which has affected the whole team not just Kasey. More recently the tragic loss of a young child to his friend and team mate must have hit Kasey badly, he has a young child too. 

I honestly think LJ has removed him from the team to try to get his head right. He may stay he is physically fit and able to play but mentally he is carrying a load and probably isn’t. Sometimes the decision has to be made for you.

Whilst I'm not trying to make excuses, as a whole, our form has dipped massively since the passing of Afobes child. Maybe its affected the team more than we realise?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be consistent you have to play regularly  10-15 minutes here and there doesn’t any player any good. If I need to explain what talented means in KP’s case then I’m lost for words

The problem is, our fans simply wont give the players the time to get their game going.

Look at COD, was given a run in the team and was absolutely crucified by our fans.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

How can he show consistency when he is not being picked consistently playing in a consistent position. 

It doesn't matter how consistent any player is, with LJ it's all about countering the oppositions strengths. Hence why Palmer , Elliason, Taylor Moore, or any others are left out after performing well. Until we start playing to OUR strengths, this tombola selection process will continue. This January could make or break this clubs present policy of develop and sell. I'd rather we built around our best assets as opposed to selling them. If LJ cant handle the talent  , then maybe its him that needs to move on.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-falling-out-kasey-palmer-3704221

Update from GM.

Bit contradictory in the vid - says KP gave Nketiah a good report on BCFC, then says bad time to ask KP (which was yesterday apparently) and could affect the Nketiah deal but then says it probably won't....

Sounds like guesswork to me.

State of this forum right now, very depressing.  None of us know what is going on, do we?

Back the gaffer, it's really tough right now with players coming back and trying to fit them into new systems, Aye I'm glad KP is pissed off, he cares. We saw a glimpse of what he's capable of when we had Afobe playing, we need to get some consistency, can anyone even pick our best 11? Our best formation, how playing style? I'm not sure anymore.. Since we lost Bobby, Joe, Flint, Mags even it went a bit wrong, we had somthing magic when we thrashed Man Utd, we must get that back.

Eddie is already here btw, just saw him talking to Curbishley about a house on Parrys lane.. 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The problem is, our fans simply wont give the players the time to get their game going.

Look at COD, was given a run in the team and was absolutely crucified by our fans.

COD is different imo and probably why he’s had a hard time. Only signing a contract because no one else came in for him , then in his interview saying the club meets his ambitions and I’m happy now with the players we’ve signed. As if he was messi . He has been way below what’s required . I’ve said it before. He’s a legend in his own head imo. 
Kasey comes across completely differently . 

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst I'm not trying to make excuses, as a whole, our form has dipped massively since the passing of Afobes child. Maybe its affected the team more than we realise?

That’s exactly what you are doing,I would say 90% of the squad had never even spoke to Afobe let alone knew him before he signed for City,of course it was very sad what happened but let’s not use that as a excuse 

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But you know him personally do you ? 
because according to you , people have a public persona 

The guy is a journo - it’s his job to find/create stories that sell newspapers.....and no he’s not a guy I have a beer with .....he must be half my age..............:cool2:

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I’ve not read the whole of this thread so apologies I’m I am making points that others have but I think the rift rumours are rubbish. Kasey was on fire when linking with  Afobe early this season, they had a great friendship off the pitch too. Then obviously Afobe had a awful injury which has affected the whole team not just Kasey. More recently the tragic loss of a young child to his friend and team mate must have hit Kasey badly, he has a young child too. 

I honestly think LJ has removed him from the team to try to get his head right. He may stay he is physically fit and able to play but mentally he is carrying a load and probably isn’t. Sometimes the decision has to be made for you.

Couldn’t agree more 

14 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It’s certainly possible. Something like that is bound to hit people, especially those in the squad with young kids themselves.

32 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

So we have to pick players who are not performing?

3 minutes ago, Chappers said:

So we have to pick players who are not performing?

Ultimately if we believe in them, yes.  At least give them time to prove their worth rather than chucking them in and out all the time.

The past few games Palmer has been poor, but so has almost everyone else.  Why scapegoat one of your potentially best players?  Chucking him on for 25 mins a go in an already struggling team is stupid.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

A Leeds fan friend of mine said to me today that Nketiah was rather useless for them. He went on to say he cannot hold a ball up but maybe he will perform better under our style of play. That said I am rather puzzled what our style of play is of late. I assume Lee still knows what it is though. ?

I don’t get the EN love fest. There’s a reason an experienced coach like Bielsa did not play him often. If he comes, I think we are all in for a nasty surprise; he is not the messiah. 

Archived