IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

As far as I can see, Nketiah is a poacher- well maybe that's not fully fair but he hasn't yet got much of an all-round game.

Possibly with a fluid forward line, Eliasson and Weimann could supply him but Leeds who are a much more dominant side than us, couldn't find room for him on a regular basis- read that their structure, their control in games dips when he is on the pitch.

Imagine how open that would make us in our current state- at both ends! We already concede one of the highest shots on goal in the division...

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The guy is a journo - it’s his job to find/create stories that sell newspapers.....and no he’s not a guy I have a beer with .....he must be half my age..............:cool2:

More like a quarter :boxing:

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As far as I can see, Nketiah is a poacher- well maybe that's not fully fair but he hasn't yet got much of an all-round game.

Possibly with a fluid forward line, Eliasson and Weimann could supply him but Leeds who are a much more dominant side than us, couldn't find room for him on a regular basis- read that their structure, their control in games dips when he is on the pitch.

Imagine how open that would make us in our current state- at both ends! We already concede one of the highest shots on goal in the division...

Tbf Tammy wasn’t much more than a poacher for us,I agree tho if LJ thinks he’s the answer to all our problems then we are up shit creek 

33 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Cue Palmer in the starting line up tomorrow ?

If ever there was a game to try to get his confidence back it’s tomorrow. Team selection will be really telling as will the efforts of done fringe players. A good pro will be desperate to impress. A less than good pro might go through the motions. Will be watching the warm up tomorrow.

Interesting that Deano took it v Brentford, suggesting less than 100% prep in previous games. 

11 minutes ago, BCFC-Tom said:

All this nonsense about a striker who wasn’t interested in our club and ran off to Leeds, the obsession with the bloke is cringeworthy and he’s not even all that anyway, ridiculous.

Yep. Talk about hype. Anyone would think we were trying to get Messi. We’re struggling to convince a Leeds bench warmer to come here. 

"The information is from a variety of sources - including players, their entourage, senior Bristol City coaching staff, senior Bristol City admin staff and others."

Might be interested in Gregor's explanation, at least partially @BCFC11 pulled out from the above article.

If this has some truth, we're leaking like a sieve!! Especially the bolded bits.,..can't be good.

On a general note, can't see the club liking that.

Citing sources or departmental sources is pretty unusual too. Journos don't usually.

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://t.co/3Dmbw2HyjA?amp=1

Couple of interesting points in this 

Very interesting - GMG covering every base, preserving relationships with the club and dropping a couple of telling nuggets into the mix. And in the process offering something to every poster on here wanting LJ to stay, and everyone wanting him out...which is no mean feat!

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Very interesting - GMG covering every base, preserving relationships with the club and dropping a couple of telling nuggets into the mix. And in the process offering something to every poster on here wanting LJ to stay, and everyone wanting him out...which is no mean feat!

Thought citing his sources- departmental, not individual of course- was brave though!

Wasn't aware journos did this as a rule. I doubt Gregor made up his sources btw.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought citing his sources- departmental, not individual of course- was brave though!

I think the whole story is brave on his part - but if you are an aspiring journalist this won't do you any harm. It's a good story.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I think the whole story is brave on his part - but if you are an aspiring journalist this won't do you any harm. It's a good story.

Not suggesting it wasn't a brave story BTW, or that he wasn't brave to run it.

Journalists don't tend to name sources as a rule however- and I know he didn't technically name them but you know what I mean, he narrowed it down.

Makes me wonder what else might be leaked though...we'll see.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not suggesting it wasn't a brave story BTW, or that he wasn't brave to run it.

Journalists don't tend to name sources as a rule though.

Makes me wonder what else might be leaked though.

agreed - well, I had a thought this morning, when I first read this, I wondered whether he might have been given a tip that it's ok to publish this...that it's not a relationship breaker with at least some in the club...a shot across LJ's bows perhaps?...''we've given you the tools, do the job'?

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

agreed - well, I had a thought this morning, when I first read this, I wondered whether he might have been given a tip that it's ok to publish this...that it's not a relationship breaker with at least some in the club...a shot across LJ's bows perhaps?...''we've given you the tools, do the job'?

Yep, good shout- strategic leak basically?

Sources leaking with a bit of a wink and a nod to Gregor, possible warning to LJ that we need to pick it up- or his job is on the line.

?

53 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

I don’t get the EN love fest. There’s a reason an experienced coach like Bielsa did not play him often. If he comes, I think we are all in for a nasty surprise; he is not the messiah. 

And that reason being Nketiah does not suit the Leeds system as well as Bamford. Nothing to do with him being a ‘lesser’ player or some sort of attitude problem.

Bielsa took him on loan to have the “extra club in the bag” so to speak.

Nketiah in a confident, winning Bristol City team playing the sort of attacking football we saw earlier in the season would score plenty of goals 

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

And that reason being Nketiah does not suit the Leeds system as well as Bamford. Nothing to do with him being a ‘lesser’ player or some sort of attitude problem.

Bielsa took him on loan to have the “extra club in the bag” so to speak.

Nketiah in a confident, winning Bristol City team playing the sort of attacking football we saw earlier in the season would score plenty of goals 

Were we often that attacking, or were we unusually clinical?

Big difference- think it was somewhere between the two personally.

It was certainly above what we produce now but we were probably trending above the average, for goals- our football was decent but it wasn't dominant.

Archived