IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

"Why is Palmer so upset? How has Lee Johnson 'mis-treated' Kasey?

Here is one example: we understand that every player who was not in the 18-man squad for the game against Charlton Athletic on Boxing Day was told that they did not need to travel on Christmas Day.

However, Palmer was then made to travel despite not being in the 18. This was seen as specifically aimed at Palmer.

Of course, Lee Johnson may have his reasons for this, but it does not sound good."

If this is true, I think I would be pretty hacked off also. Not a good look for LJ.

2 minutes ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

Here is one example: we understand that every player who was not in the 18-man squad for the game against Charlton Athletic on Boxing Day was told that they did not need to travel on Christmas Day.

However, Palmer was then made to travel despite not being in the 18. This was seen as specifically aimed at Palmer.

Of course, Lee Johnson may have his reasons for this, but it does not sound good."

If this is true, I think I would be pretty hacked off also. Not a good look for LJ.

IF true, then no wonder this has leaked; it’s disgraceful vindictive behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

The thing is, has Kasey Palmer really been that bad? So bad that he gets singled out for his performances? Has he been any worse than anyone else? 

He’s an easy target as he’s a ‘luxury’ Player. He has a tag as lazy and is easy to blame because of this. 

4 minutes ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

Yeah I guess but is it not common practice that we, or any other team for that matter, travel with 2 extra players in case anyone in that match day 18 gets injured in warm up/ gets ill before the game? Nothing out of the ordinary there in my opinion. 

All seems a bit fabricated to me.

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Yeah I guess but is it not common practice that we, or any other team for that matter, travel with 2 extra players in case anyone in that match day 18 gets injured in warm up/ gets ill before the game? Nothing out of the ordinary there in my opinion. 

Is it common practice??  And why KP, if you’re suggesting that it is common for extra players to travel?  Who was the second player that was made to travel that day?

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I really doubt any journalist in GMG's position would make something like that up. His reputation would be destroyed. He must have a reliable source, and know that LJ knows that he can back it up.

1 minute ago, DSTAF said:

Is it common practice??  And why KP, if you’re suggesting that it is common for extra players to travel?  Who was the second player that was made to travel that day?

Yes. 

Because he is closer to the match day squad than Adelukan, for example.

Don't know. 

2 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Yes it's common practice. If someone goes down ill or injured prior to kick off then it means you have a replacement for them.

Why would it not be Palmer?

15 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I really doubt any journalist in GMG's position would make something like that up. His reputation would be destroyed. He must have a reliable source, and know that LJ knows that he can back it up.

Any journalist in GMG’s position should be a bit more in tune with the logic relating to more than 18 players travelling as part of the squad to a game.

I take your point by the way but it just seemed like a bit of a silly and naive thing to say on his behalf.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yes it's common practice. If someone goes down ill or injured prior to kick off then it means you have a replacement for them.

Why would it not be Palmer?

I agree but it would surely be a bit odd to only take 1 extra player. Probably better to take 2 or 3?

Gives you more options. If a  defender goes down ill, you’d ideally replace with a defender and you’re also not singling anyone out!!

Either way, you’re paid handsomely as a Professional footballer and if you’re needed to travel Christmas Day then tough!!

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Any journalist in GMG’s position should be a bit more in tune with the logic relating to more than 18 players travelling as part of the squad to a game.

I take your point by the way but it just seemed like a bit of a silly and naive thing to say on his behalf.

Fair play. But I think this story is about a wider discontent. Doesn't matter whether Palmer was treated unfairly, it's the suggestion that others think he was that matters. That's what GMG is getting at...I think!

Steve Cooper has now spoken with Lee Johnson. An official approach has been made from Swansea. Other clubs including Crystal Palace are interested. Another Premier League side (mid-table) and Bundesliga team are interested too.

Interesting line from the article.

A PL, another PL midtable side, a Bundesliga team and of course Swansea all interested...it just cannot seem sensible for footballing reasons to be shipping him out!

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Fair play. But I think this story is about a wider discontent. Doesn't matter whether Palmer was treated unfairly, it's the suggestion that others think he was that matters. That's what GMG is getting at...I think!

Absolutely fair enough then. Didn’t think about it like that ?

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Certainly not to Swansea !

Of course. Strengthening a direct rival with a gifted player...yet this was the same manager who wasn't keen to loan Szmodics to Hull apparently because of worrying about strengthening a direct rival...makes sense...

In general, I was also getting at was 2, 3 clubs above our level want him but he can't get into our side...pretty odd, from a footballing standpoint. IMO.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Of course. Strengthening a direct rival with a gifted player...yet this was the same manager who wasn't keen to loan Szmodics to Hull apparently because of worrying about strengthening a direct rival...makes sense...

In general, I was also getting at was 2, 3 clubs above our level want him but he can't get into our side...pretty odd, from a footballing standpoint.

Quite so. Something not right there.

Archived