IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

18 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Massive speculation time :

City didn't expect to get Pato handed back to them.

LJ told he must make room for him from amongst the higher earners as the money isn't endless.

Previous likely transfer targets for clubs loses form so interest dries up.

LJ looks at those in his squad he thinks he can live without a certain player who cost/costs a bit = KP.

KP is settled so is made to feel unsettled.

Wouldn't be the first time i'm sure and as I say just an idea why this MIGHT be happening.

You were doing well up until the deliberately unsettling the player. 

LJ squad is huge. Banging balls to Diehdou bypasses Palmer. Palmer gets no game time as he can’t get on the ball and when he does he’s outside our own penalty area giving it away  

it’s all simple stuff! Palmer wants away and LJ MA are good with it as they will get their money back and a bit  

Occam's Razor. It is in front of us! 

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You were doing well up until the deliberately unsettling the player. 

LJ squad is huge. Banging balls to Diehdou bypasses Palmer. Palmer gets no game time as he can’t get on the ball and when he does he’s outside our own penalty area giving it away  

it’s all simple stuff! Palmer wants away and LJ MA are good with it as they will get their money back and a bit  

Occam's Razor. It is in front of us! 

Sorry but I read that too fast and it brought a disturbing image to my mind. Hey, what goes on in the changing rooms should stay there. That's my version of Occam's razor...

Have Kasey’s performance been good enough?

No

can we give him a free pass because Benik has been injured?

No - if we could, all players would benefit from a fit Benik

Is he working hard to prove he is the right guy?

No

i am not a Johnson fan as such, but to me this looks like a guy who is bang out of form taking the piss, stoking up a local journalist with a “exclusive” - he made me travel all the way to London (1.15 hours on a train to his hometown) to not play (you’re on 20k a week and have been a joke in recent games,  Sheff w and Millwall for example) grow up Kasey.

You have it all to prove Kasey, either here or elsewhere.

Gregor, if you read this, you’ll be doing well to get a fart off LJ for the next year so hope this story is big enough!

3 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Have Kasey’s performance been good enough?

No

can we give him a free pass because Benik has been injured?

No - if we could, all players would benefit from a fit Benik

Is he working hard to prove he is the right guy?

No

i am not a Johnson fan as such, but to me this looks like a guy who is bang out of form taking the piss, stoking up a local journalist with a “exclusive” - he made me travel all the way to London (1.15 hours on a train to his hometown) to not play (you’re on 20k a week and have been a joke in recent games,  Sheff w and Millwall for example) grow up Kasey.

You have it all to prove Kasey, either here or elsewhere.

Gregor, if you read this, you’ll be doing well to get a fart off LJ for e next year so hope this story is big enough!

When he had a run in the team and played to his strengths hes been on fire then he got dropped because we changed style of play because afobe injury

Sheff w he was played left wing and COD was behind the striker can understand him being pissed off about that 

hes not being able to play his natural game and having come back to edge of our box to get the ball and losing it because he trying make something happen to then be left to sit in the stands for weeks whilst you have LJ favourites putting in half ass performances

I think the players are starting to doubt LJ look at performances and goals we concede to many mistakes constantly happening plus argueing with players and even upset one of his favourites in COD

There has been players LJ has "fallen out" with that have gone on to be better elswhere, Cardiff, Leeds, Qpr, Boro; could write a list but cant be bothered at the moment.

Bringing in loans is NOT the answer, whether from Chelsea, Arsenal or where-ever as it just puts off signing perm players till the next year. If we are building a squad/team lets have our own players in it not someone elses, loanees have no value after loan period.

9 hours ago, spudski said:

I agree with your sentiments mate...but Palmer hasn't established himself at any club he's been at.

He is a fantastic footballer. However because of the type of player he is, he has to also do the basics just as well.

I personally think he's rather immature. As LJ commented... he's always had Chelsea to run home too. Imo... he's the type of player that does well when things are going well, but not someone you can rely on to dig in when things need turning round.

I was really unimpressed with his professional commitment and application in warm up against Brentford.

Being easily distracted by kids asking for autographs and not listening or giving respect with attention to the coach with him. By contrast...Rowe was attentive, listening, respectful, engaging and working hard...even having to cajole Palmer to get up to speed.

I watched closely from a short distance, right in front of me. Those actions spoke a thousand words.

Again by contrast...Moore was the fifth man of a defence warming up...he could have looked forlorne...but no...total professional listening and reacting and getting totally involved.

Actions speak louder than words.

Palmer...class player, but needs his bum wiped imo.

Can’t like this post enough. 

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we lose to Shrewsbury, I wonder...

That’s not LJ’s style , we will probably scrape through then draw v Wigan , lose the next one , sneak a 1-0 in the next and the whole season will descend into a long drawn out affair stinking like a two day old road kill until Uncle Steve comes out and backs him with a new four year deal and a huge transfer war chest to bring in the players that LJ really wants .

RINSE AND REPEAT.

Sorry . 

12 hours ago, spudski said:

This has seriously got to be one of the most embarrassing threads ever on OTIB.

The BPs articles are nothing more than one blokes opinions. 

They are no more important or defining Than a member on here giving an opinion. 

To say... 'All the Palmer Questions Answered' in an article headline is so misleading. All the ' Answers ' are just opinions...just like any of us.

There are no definite answers or defining quotes...just some blokes wild opinions.

He says Swansea are interested, and others. So why not name these others if he definitely knows as fact?

It's all wild speculation and shit stirring.

And then he has the audacity to write this at the end of the article...

''However, saying all that: Lee Johnson is still the man to lead Bristol City and has the backing of the squad. This needs sorting quickly and internally."

**** me...telling the Club to sort it out internally while he's shit stirring and click baiting.

This thread is worse than 'Loose Women'...full of gossip and opinion based on even more gossip. ????

This has seriously got to be one of the most embarrassing threads ever on OTIB.

At last my claim to fame .

?

9 hours ago, Highguy said:

When he had a run in the team and played to his strengths hes been on fire then he got dropped because we changed style of play because afobe injury

Sheff w he was played left wing and COD was behind the striker can understand him being pissed off about that 

it wouldn't surprise me if both cod and palmer had a joint pop at lj after that one, cod has the talent too in there somewhere,we did see it a long time ago.

Palmer I don’t think he’s leaving ether, he wouldn’t be starting today,

and personally the reason he isn’t starting more is we haven’t got the players to carry him, he’s an attacking player who’s best position is behind the front 2,

to play him you need 2 good holding tough tackling midfielders,

we don’t have one

Archived