IGNORED

12:31pm kick off saturday,try and be in your seats early

Never to the dark side

14 minutes ago, patchway ciderred said:

I will be in my seat early. 2.5 hours too early for my liking!

Too true, 3.00pm on a Saturday afternoon was made for football.  12.31 is utter nonsense.  It's right over bloody lunch time for one thing.

I would love to know how many Europeans are making the effort to watch City v Shrewsbury.

• Admin
2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Does anyone know why this game is a 12.30 kick off?  Seems very odd.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some sort of streaming or overseas deal between FA and broadcastes.

Same reason why Huddersfield was 5.30pm and why FA Cup kick off times choppy.

I was told that the company who transmit these games don't have an agreement to show any Premiership sides, it is the same company that do the weekly coverage that Quest take their main game coverage from

So essentially they could only pick EFL sides, with what the other TV companies are showing over the weekend, you could have thrown a dart at the remaining fixtures to choose a game to show

When we were chosen we were playing good football and are  apparently popular with foreign TV viewers - madness to us, but there is a kind of sensible reason for it

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was told that the company who transmit these games don't have an agreement to show an Premiership sides, it is the same company that do the weekly coverage that Quest take their main game coverage from

So essentially they could only pick EFL sides, with what the other TV companies are showing over the weekend, you could have thrown a dart at the remaining fixtures to choose a game to show

When we were chosen we were playing good football and are up seem to be popular with foreign TV viewers - madness to us, but there is a kind of sensible reason for it

When you put it like that, it makes sense, although without looking at the games, I'd be amazed if there aren't other solely EFL games more attractive than our fixture, perhaps it was just a dart thrown at the list?

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was told that the company who transmit these games don't have an agreement to show any Premiership sides, it is the same company that do the weekly coverage that Quest take their main game coverage from

When we were chosen we were playing good football and are  apparently popular with foreign TV viewers - madness to us, but there is a kind of sensible reason for it

Is this a new thing this year? I assumed that Bristol City v Huddersfield last year was on one of those foreign streams- they were PL of course at that stage.

The no PL clause sounds curious, but quite revealing about where the power lies in the English game now?

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is this a new thing this year? I assumed that Bristol City v Huddersfield last year was on one of those foreign streams- they were PL of course at that stage.

The no PL clause sounds curious, but quite revealing about where the power lies in the English game now?

Interesting point, I had forgotten about that game - I must admit I thought this only impacted on the early kick offs this year.

I wonder if the change is partly due to different TV companies having different time slots from this season.

Thought this amusing of which countries were broadcasting our game last season - talk about random locations !

image.png

1 hour ago, phantom said:

If we have become popular amongst Europeans, then the broadcast by Prince Will on mental illness seems wholly apposite?

6 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Sky TV  have a news item about Mental awareness in the community.

A Video narrated by Prince William will be shown before the kick off of all football match's over the weekend.

Not interested in sky not interested in any royal fmaily member. So thanks but no thanks

22 minutes ago, dave36 said:

12:31? The 31 is the strange number

It’s a 12:30 ko time, but all FAC games are being delayed by a minute for mental awareness, something like “mind a minute”...someone will correct me with the right strap line.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a 12:30 ko time, but all FAC games are being delayed by a minute for mental awareness, something like “mind a minute”...someone will correct me with the right strap line.

Why couldn't they advertise the ko time as 12:29 and then delay it for one minute?

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

With the greatest of respect, what has this to do with football?

Will we get the same for Cancer, Dementia, Alcoholism etc. etc.

Sorry if I’ve missed the point.

It's tied in with "Mind" being the sponsor of the EFL

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's tied in with "Mind" being the sponsor of the EFL

I sincerely hope that a charity doesn't have to pay to sponsor the EFL, any ideas if thats the case mate ?

Any family that doesn't pay much tax and lives primarily off the state could probably help mental health awareness and support substantially by dipping hands into pockets rather than making a tape to be honest.

Head of family excepted in  that comment btw.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Ok. I accept it's for a worthy cause. I've been involved with similar things myself.....but why the delaying of the ko?

Where will we end up in years to come?

To make a clear minute for the video and raise awareness that it’s happening. 

No idea where we may end up, delaying the kick off for one minute is huge.

Archived