Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

12:31pm kick off saturday,try and be in your seats early

They're lucky anyone is going to be there. Suckers for punishment I guess we are. Sod sitting around for ages before. 5 minutes before ko for me sorry. 

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Aubergine 1

44 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Sky TV  have a news item about Mental awareness in the community.

A Video narrated by Prince William will be shown before the kick off of all football match's over the weekend.

I hope they show it with Subtitles!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Does anyone know why this game is a 12.30 kick off?  Seems very odd.

It's being shown live over Europe on TV, perhaps they think there's a good chance of an upset?

2 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

They could be right.  We might win...

I would not hold your breath, the opponents recent cup record 9 wins 1 loss

in our favour we have LJ 🥺

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

It's being shown live over Europe on TV, perhaps they think there's a good chance of an upset?

That is even more bizarre; I barely want to watch the game, why would anyone in Europe want to tune in?

14 minutes ago, patchway ciderred said:

I will be in my seat early. 2.5 hours too early for my liking!

Too true, 3.00pm on a Saturday afternoon was made for football.  12.31 is utter nonsense.  It's right over bloody lunch time for one thing.

I would love to know how many Europeans are making the effort to watch City v Shrewsbury.

54 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

That is even more bizarre; I barely want to watch the game, why would anyone in Europe want to tune in?

Some sort of streaming or overseas deal between FA and broadcasters.

Same reason why Huddersfield was 5.30pm and why FA Cup kick off times choppy.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Does anyone know why this game is a 12.30 kick off?  Seems very odd.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some sort of streaming or overseas deal between FA and broadcastes.

Same reason why Huddersfield was 5.30pm and why FA Cup kick off times choppy.

I was told that the company who transmit these games don't have an agreement to show any Premiership sides, it is the same company that do the weekly coverage that Quest take their main game coverage from

So essentially they could only pick EFL sides, with what the other TV companies are showing over the weekend, you could have thrown a dart at the remaining fixtures to choose a game to show

When we were chosen we were playing good football and are  apparently popular with foreign TV viewers - madness to us, but there is a kind of sensible reason for it

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was told that the company who transmit these games don't have an agreement to show an Premiership sides, it is the same company that do the weekly coverage that Quest take their main game coverage from

So essentially they could only pick EFL sides, with what the other TV companies are showing over the weekend, you could have thrown a dart at the remaining fixtures to choose a game to show

When we were chosen we were playing good football and are up seem to be popular with foreign TV viewers - madness to us, but there is a kind of sensible reason for it

When you put it like that, it makes sense, although without looking at the games, I'd be amazed if there aren't other solely EFL games more attractive than our fixture, perhaps it was just a dart thrown at the list?

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was told that the company who transmit these games don't have an agreement to show any Premiership sides, it is the same company that do the weekly coverage that Quest take their main game coverage from

When we were chosen we were playing good football and are  apparently popular with foreign TV viewers - madness to us, but there is a kind of sensible reason for it

Is this a new thing this year? I assumed that Bristol City v Huddersfield last year was on one of those foreign streams- they were PL of course at that stage.

The no PL clause sounds curious, but quite revealing about where the power lies in the English game now?

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is this a new thing this year? I assumed that Bristol City v Huddersfield last year was on one of those foreign streams- they were PL of course at that stage.

The no PL clause sounds curious, but quite revealing about where the power lies in the English game now?

Interesting point, I had forgotten about that game - I must admit I thought this only impacted on the early kick offs this year.

I wonder if the change is partly due to different TV companies having different time slots from this season.

Thought this amusing of which countries were broadcasting our game last season - talk about random locations !

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

If we have become popular amongst Europeans, then the broadcast by Prince Will on mental illness seems wholly apposite?

Edited by maxjak

With the greatest of respect, what has this to do with football?

Will we get the same for Cancer, Dementia, Alcoholism etc. etc.

Sorry if I’ve missed the point.

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1

6 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Sky TV  have a news item about Mental awareness in the community.

A Video narrated by Prince William will be shown before the kick off of all football match's over the weekend.

Not interested in sky not interested in any royal fmaily member. So thanks but no thanks

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dave36 said:

12:31? The 31 is the strange number

It’s a 12:30 ko time, but all FAC games are being delayed by a minute for mental awareness, something like “mind a minute”...someone will correct me with the right strap line.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a 12:30 ko time, but all FAC games are being delayed by a minute for mental awareness, something like “mind a minute”...someone will correct me with the right strap line.

Why couldn't they advertise the ko time as 12:29 and then delay it for one minute?

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

With the greatest of respect, what has this to do with football?

Will we get the same for Cancer, Dementia, Alcoholism etc. etc.

Sorry if I’ve missed the point.

It's tied in with "Mind" being the sponsor of the EFL

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Ok. I accept it's for a worthy cause. I've been involved with similar things myself.....but why the delaying of the ko?

Where will we end up in years to come?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I sincerely hope that a charity doesn't have to pay to sponsor the EFL, any ideas if thats the case mate ?

Any family that doesn't pay much tax and lives primarily off the state could probably help mental health awareness and support substantially by dipping hands into pockets rather than making a tape to be honest.

Head of family excepted in  that comment btw.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Ok. I accept it's for a worthy cause. I've been involved with similar things myself.....but why the delaying of the ko?

Where will we end up in years to come?

To make a clear minute for the video and raise awareness that it’s happening. 

No idea where we may end up, delaying the kick off for one minute is huge.

7 hours ago, Natchfever said:

I sincerely hope that a charity doesn't have to pay to sponsor the EFL, any ideas if thats the case mate ?

Any family that doesn't pay much tax and lives primarily off the state could probably help mental health awareness and support substantially by dipping hands into pockets rather than making a tape to be honest.

Head of family excepted in  that comment btw.

I honestly don't know and couldn't see any indication anywhere, but note that the organisation is always referred to as an "Official Charity Partner" and not sponsor. 

There is a bit of information here about the deal

https://www.mind.org.uk/news-campaigns/news/mind-announces-new-partnership-with-efl/

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I honestly don't know and couldn't see any indication anywhere, but note that the organisation is always referred to as an "Official Charity Partner" and not sponsor. 

There is a bit of information here about the deal

https://www.mind.org.uk/news-campaigns/news/mind-announces-new-partnership-with-efl/

Sounds good.

8 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Not interested in sky not interested in any royal fmaily member. So thanks but no thanks

But it’s not about Sky or the Royal family. It’s about raising awareness of mental health particularly amongst young men but also widely in the community including amongst sportspeople. It’s a pity that people can’t spare a minute to think about others, who knows it could happen to you or someone you know . You don’t have to watch the video, but just taking out 60 seconds is surely not too much to ask.

It's not on in Canada. Would be 431am KO... Kinda glad it's not on... But also gutted very gutted.  It would test me to get up after a rather nice bottle of Chablis. I am CTID.... Ok I would get up. Of course of would....

Ok. I will stir at 431am. Know they are playing. Feel good about a win.  Absolutely know I can't watch them and radio commentary would be too loud...

.... Hate being an expat. 2 nil win. Will check the score once I wake up and feel dirty for not being loyal. CAF

21 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Matches starting at this time are usually on ‘be in sports ‘ channel 2 in OZ. Just checked and instead is Italian football. Looks like ill have to stream in radio bristol instead 8.30 pm my time for match updates.

COYR.

19 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting point, I had forgotten about that game - I must admit I thought this only impacted on the early kick offs this year.

I wonder if the change is partly due to different TV companies having different time slots from this season.

Thought this amusing of which countries were broadcasting our game last season - talk about random locations !

image.png

We’re big in Macedonia .

Both our Macedonian fans will group together to watch the match and cheer on the mighty Robins . 

They’ll be dancing in the stream of Kumanovo tonight I ‘ll be bound .

• Like 2