IGNORED

The phrase "Lost The Dressingroom"

numbeast

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Don't believe that. The players almost always travel to a hotel on Christmas afternoon and always will have a couple or three reserves in addition to 18 man squad.

Agree that you’d likely travel with more than 18, just because of illness, injury, something else.  In which case you name a squad of 20/21, and don’t announce 18 til the day of the game.  You avoid “hassle” by doing that.  LJ May have done exactly that, we don’t know.  But of course he may have named an 18 and then told the likes of KP, I want you to travel just in case.  That sounds a lot worse, doesn't it?

57 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The legend has spoken 

Much as I love Tins, not the first time he’s posted a “solidarity tweet” of late.  He’s hardly Gonna come out and say it’s all true is he.  Same as Macca at the press-conference today.

We will certainly see how much smoke there is when we 1) see the line-up tomorrow and 2) how certain players perform.

4 minutes ago, lou2BS7 said:

I’ve genuinely seen this and thought why has he felt the need to weight in on it...if it is a nothing story? 

makes me think there’s substance to the story

Exactimundo

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hmm, can't argue with that. And TBF can't quite see why Johnson would've done that. I guess the idea was to have a #19 with you, in case one of the 18 developed something last minute. At Christmas though, you'd think he could be flexible over that. It being entirely possible to get to London on Boxing Day morning.

Need them in case there's an injury in the warm up, then it would be a case of asking someone to travel alone boxing day morning. Nothing story about the club taking a 19th player, someone was always going to miss out just happened to be KP. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Need them in case there's an injury in the warm up, then it would be a case of asking someone to travel alone boxing day morning. Nothing story about the club taking a 19th player, someone was always going to miss out just happened to be KP. 

If you name someone like KP as a “travelling reserve”, then I think that is v.poor man management.  It’s the kinda thing you do with one of the young’uns, e.g. “do you mind travelling with us for the Charlton game in case someone gets injured”.

In the past LJ has specifically stated he’s travelling with 20/21 players as he hasn’t decided 18 yet.  If he did then on Xmas fine, if he specifically named an 18 + travellers, id be ducked off too.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If you name someone like KP as a “travelling reserve”, then I think that is v.poor man management.  It’s the kinda thing you do with one of the young’uns, e.g. “do you mind travelling with us for the Charlton game in case someone gets injured”.

In the past LJ has specifically stated he’s travelling with 20/21 players as he hasn’t decided 18 yet.  If he did then on Xmas fine, if he specifically named an 18 + travellers, id be ducked off too.

?....?

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Say someone got injured pre-game and we named a youngster on the bench, the comments would then be why has he taken a youngster over KP, its a no win scenario then. Professional football has so much at stake now with so much money involved you need that best option available as the 19th. Also given we loan out all our best 23's it's not like you can ask the better younger players to just come along anymore 

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree that you’d likely travel with more than 18, just because of illness, injury, something else.  In which case you name a squad of 20/21, and don’t announce 18 til the day of the game.  You avoid “hassle” by doing that.  LJ May have done exactly that, we don’t know.  But of course he may have named an 18 and then told the likes of KP, I want you to travel just in case.  That sounds a lot worse, doesn't it?

Much as I love Tins, not the first time he’s posted a “solidarity tweet” of late.  He’s hardly Gonna come out and say it’s all true is he.  Same as Macca at the press-conference today.

We will certainly see how much smoke there is when we 1) see the line-up tomorrow and 2) how certain players perform.

Exactimundo

If KP is staying I would fully expect him to start tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactimundo

Spot on they are this clubs PAID employees they aint gonna poop on it; the fans are its heart how-ever and without them its nothing.

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Say someone got injured pre-game and we named a youngster on the bench, the comments would then be why has he taken a youngster over KP, its a no win scenario then. Professional football has so much at stake now with so much money involved you need that best option available as the 19th. Also given we loan out all our best 23's it's not like you can ask the better younger players to just come along anymore 

In my opinion, you name a bigger travelling squad, not an “18+1 or 18+2”....you just alienate the person travelling who’s not getting kitted up.  It’s called man-management.  If someone becomes ill overnight, the player who comes in need never know they would’ve missed out.  LJ has travelled before with 20.  I see no reason to specifically name any senior player as a travelling reserve.  That to me (of course it might not be true, but if it was) is piss-poor man-management.  Happy for you to disagree.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In my opinion, you name a bigger travelling squad, not an “18+1 or 18+2”....you just alienate the person travelling who’s not getting kitted up.  It’s called man-management.  If someone becomes ill overnight, the player who comes in need never know they would’ve missed out.  LJ has travelled before with 20.  I see no reason to specifically name any senior player as a travelling reserve.  That to me (of course it might not be true, but if it was) is piss-poor man-management.  Happy for you to disagree.

Actually a 20 travelling with 2 being stood down on the day makes a lot of sense to me. No prior knowledge apart from a home growner, and of course late changes with the opposition getting leaked before teams are named or even unforseen weather conditions may cause a need to review the makeup of the 18.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well, he's hardly gonna say!

"Don't panic Mr. Johnson, Don't Panic"

"We're all doomed!"

Is he?

Dressing room lost, dunno but I perhaps think there are unhappy individuals- not necessarily bad apples but unhappy individuals.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

17 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Any areas you would compare ?

I would have thought a soldier would simply have to perform at their best, and at a much lesser level, people who are paid on results even if their didn't respect or even trust those in control.

Both examples working in "teams" of course.

I would want to respectfully compare the services to anything. 

My point was football being tactical, technical, physical and psychological doesn't mirror normal working life. The challenges and demands are very different so different that only a tiny percentile of the populace could ever meet them but people make judgements regardless of industry etc ..

Archived