IGNORED

Is KP’s chant offensive?

Wolf Island

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

Who ******* cares.

This has got to be a joke, surely.

The context of the chant is that he’s so popular you’d allow him to ‘charm’ your dearly beloved and you wouldn’t hold it against him.

What on earth does that have to do with the colour of his skin? 

It’s this sort of shit stirring that actually detracts from the fight against actual racism. 

8 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

This is a whoosh right ?

9 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

20F0EAAB-740A-42E9-B193-983BF8A07E46.gif

11 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

What planet are you on?

If you’re going to get triggered and offended at least find something offensive?

9 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Yes. Snowflake. Born and bred nowadays im afraid. Saw a great clip from Piers Morgan recently about snowflake generation. Spot on. World gone soft. 
im offended you’re offended etc etc. 
Absolute boredom listening to all the issues going on nowadays. ?

This debate has been done to death, but it does seem to me that the people who throw the snowflake jibe around are usually getting just as offended as the said snowflake, perhaps because their world view is being challenged and they are uncomfortable with it?

personally I try and listen to opposing views as sometimes I might just learn something I don’t know. And that goes for all sides of the argument.

With respect.

10 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Yes. Snowflake. Born and bred nowadays im afraid. Saw a great clip from Piers Morgan recently about snowflake generation. Spot on. World gone soft. 
im offended you’re offended etc etc. 
Absolute boredom listening to all the issues going on nowadays. ?

Is that the same man who has a massive problem with the existence of vegan sausage rolls?

15 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Sorry but are you for real or is this just a windup ?

2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

This debate has been done to death, but it does seem to me that the people who throw the snowflake jibe around are usually getting just as offended as the said snowflake, perhaps because their world view is being challenged and they are uncomfortable with it?

personally I try and listen to opposing views as sometimes I might just learnt something I don’t know. And that goes for all sides of the argument.

I also listen to opposing views, then come to the conclusion their talking bollucks

17 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Surely a gashead on the wind up? 

2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

personally I try and listen to opposing views as sometimes I might just learnt something I don’t know. And that goes for all sides of the argument.

Yeah, all good, but on topic the Kasey Palmer chant is not racist in any way, shape or form and does not reinforce any racial stereotype whatsoever, end of discussion.......unless you are actively looking for something that really isn’t there.

18 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

If this is a wind up good job!

If you actually mean this please **** off you melt! 

Archived