IGNORED

Is KP’s chant offensive?

Wolf Island

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

The point is that it wouldn’t be sung at Brownhill. 

Unconscious biases run deep but are biases nonetheless.

What a load of absolute nonsense.

I can honesty say 100% that until this thread it never crossed my mind that the song could be remotely associated with skin colour.

The fact that you think that suggests the bias is coming from yourself. 

Not in the slightest, reason being KP himself when first sang found it hilarious. The only people who find it offensive are the weirdo’s who find it offensive on his behalf.

You want some to join you in taking action?? ?? What on earth would you like to see get done? Totally baffled as to why you think it’s in any way shape or form racist or anything to do with skin colour? 

You’ve had an absolute shocker here.

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

The point is that it wouldn’t be sung at Brownhill. 

Unconscious biases run deep but are biases nonetheless.

I'm guessing that you are one of these people who make a career out of taking offence on other people's behalf. Please do us a favour and give it a rest.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What a load of absolute nonsense.

I can honesty say 100% that until this thread it never crossed my mind that the song could be remotely associated with skin colour.

The fact that you think that suggests the bias is coming from yourself. 

gaslighting 

22 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Yes. Snowflake. Born and bred nowadays im afraid. Saw a great clip from Piers Morgan recently about snowflake generation. Spot on. World gone soft. 
im offended you’re offended etc etc. 
Absolute boredom listening to all the issues going on nowadays. ?

Using Piers Morgan to support any argument just means you're wrong!

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm guessing that you are one of these people who make a career out of taking offence on other people's behalf. Please do us a favour and give it a rest.

You guessed wrong but yours and others responses are no surprise. Hopefully there will be some more considered views once the under 65s get back from work.

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not in the slightest, reason being KP himself when first sang found it hilarious. The only people who find it offensive are the weirdo’s who find it offensive on his behalf.

If his Wife was uncomfortable with the song that’s one thing......but not for the reasons being put forward by one loon and one loon only?

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Using Piers Morgan to support any argument just means you're wrong!

Not in this instance 

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

You guessed wrong but yours and others responses are no surprise.

Why so ? Please explain.

Heres some stereotypes and fears about men of colour which some may find more bewildering than a ditty about Kasey Palmer :

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-young-men-of-color-are-joining-white-supremacist-groups

https://www.justjayjay.com/themocsociety

Odd, almost archaic term, although I appreciate it is widely used in the US, just haven't heard it in BS3, but surprise surprise it seems it isn't universally loved by people of African heritage either

.https://www.wired.com/story/rethinking-phrase-people-of-color/

Anyway, its the OP's right to raise the matter, but I think he/she's gotten the wrong end of the stick (ooer missus)

3 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

You guessed wrong but yours and others responses are no surprise. Hopefully there will be some more considered views once the under 65s get back from work.

I’m 30 years under 65 and have absolutely no idea WTF your waffling on about.

3 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Careful sunshine. I am under 65 by several years. You are doing nothing to support your own arguement here.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

While we’re at it I think we should change Eliasson’s song. He may be offended if it turns out that upon approaching the pearly gates, Jesus actually ******* hates him. 

Jesus was almost certainly a person of colour so any hatred would be based upon poor box penetration...

6 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

For someone who detests stereotyping you seem partial to a bit of stereotyping yourself?.

Everyone has considered their view and arrived at the conclusion that you have put forward a very strange, nonsensical opinion.

But you carry on in your single member club......

12 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Make a thread about discrimination and as soon as your incorrect opinion is rightly laughed at, you start discriminating against people. 

Amazing :laugh: 

Archived