IGNORED

Is KP’s chant offensive?

Wolf Island

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

You’re making a complete **** of yourself give it a rest. 

Done exactly the same when posting about Eliasson - absolutely clueless about non football as well by the looks of it!

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

For someone who detests stereotyping you seem partial to a bit of stereotyping yourself?.

Everyone has considered their view and arrived at the conclusion that you have put forward a very strange, nonsensical opinion.

But you carry on in your single member club......

Does he not think that in today's age where crowds are being scrutinised for racial chanting (quite rightly I might add) that the police or club would not have jumped on this to close it down by now. Just another lost and deluded soul who wants to take offence for all and sundry in this demented world. I salute him .... the ****.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Make a thread about discrimination and as soon as your incorrect opinion is rightly laughed at, you start discriminating against people. 

Amazing :laugh: 

Especially us 60 year old over 65 year olds !!

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

FFS reallY !?!?!?

• Admin
1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

I think the song is a bit vulgar.

The song itself has been sung for years around different sports

Somerset fans sang it to Steven Kirby many many years ago - simple if you don't like it don't join in!

If you are REALLY offended by the words - two options cover your ears or stay at home

1 minute ago, phantom said:

The song itself has been sung for years around different sports

Somerset fans sang it to Steven Kirby many many years ago - simple if you don't like it don't join in!

If you are REALLY offended by the words - two options cover your ears or stay at home

I've never heard it before.

It doesn't worry me, I can never make out the words of most of the songs anyway ?

53 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

Ted Rogers could have done with you writing his clues a few years ago......

28 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

The point is that it wouldn’t be sung at Brownhill. 

Unconscious biases run deep but are biases nonetheless.

That’s true..... as it needs two syllables for the first name or it doesn’t fit.... no other reason tho!

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

shut up you ******* stupid ***, i’m 20 and feel sorry for you, get a grip you moron.

He has a grip. On what still needs to be established. However, it may affect his eyesight if he does'nt loosten it soon.

I think as mentioned Kasey found it funny and probably a bit flattering when he got a song so quickly into his BCFC career. He said even his young son was joining in which amused him, he did say though that he had to tweak the lyrics a bit, which is fair comment.

What a strange thread,  even stranger as he has been with us a year almost now. I don’t sing it personally, as I haven’t got a wife but I do sort of hum that bit and sing the rest. I didn’t realise I was causing offence to fellow fans, shame on me. ?

Archived