IGNORED

Is KP’s chant offensive?

Wolf Island

If a white bloke turned up to AG with a fake pair of dreadlocks on I'd probably tell him he's an idiot and needs to have a think about what he's doing.

I don't think the song is offensive. There was one about Diedhiou that could definitely fall under the "enforces racial stereotypes" category. 

Don't think the bit about wanting him to shag our wives is racially based. Just think it's a new song that could've gone to anyone white, black or in-between.

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If a white bloke turned up to AG with a fake pair of dreadlocks on I'd probably tell him he's an idiot and needs to have a think about what he's doing.

I don't think the song is offensive. There was one about Diedhiou that could definitely fall under the "enforces racial stereotypes" category. 

Don't think the bit about wanting him to shag our wives is racially based. Just think it's a new song that could've gone to anyone white, black or in-between.

What if he was bald as a coot and had always worn that wig

2 hours ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

Oh ffs. Turn the lights off on your way out 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

tbf the awful butchering of a great gipsy kings tune is offensive by itself... 

But lyrically, it could have been written by the Bard of Peterborough, Mr Ernie Wise. 

I still prefer the original though. Amankwaah, Woe-hoe. He wears the red and and white. He plays out on the right.  

3 hours ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

Your post has offended me.

Ngl, I clicked a different emoji so we can play emoji bingo. One person needs to add the robin and one person needs to add the trophy for a full house.

Oh and I'm not scared of Kasey Palmer, David Beckham, Marlon Pack or even J Lo wanting a shag. I ain't fussy. Slide in the DMs if any of you four are reading this. Mr Peg won't know. ?

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Ngl, I clicked a different emoji so we can play emoji bingo. One person needs to add the robin for a full house.

Oh and I'm not scared of Kasey Palmer, David Beckham, Marlon Pack or even J Lo wanting a shag. I ain't fussy. Slide in the DMs if any of you four are reading this. Mr Peg won't know. ?

Done Peg, just for you my beloved xx

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change.

Yet if he does leave he can take my misses with him. We’d be losing a quality player but not all bad news for us you’d get to see your chant disappear and I’d get to see my misses disappear.

I agree it’s offensive, just not from a racial angle.

White men singing “you are the love of my life ... you can shag my wife” to KP are clearly both bisexual and anti feminist but not racist. We need to alert the MeToo movement, but not the anti racist groups. I’m not sure how the transgender people will feel about it tbh.

Iv just painted a wall if you would like to come and watch it dry ?

you must be bored to post that load of tosh :laugh: 

Archived