IGNORED

Is KP’s chant offensive?

Wolf Island

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

]Exact same song about Collocini:

Fellaini:

David Luiz:

... And of all people, bloody Di Canio!

Many more instances too. There's nothing racially motivated about it at all.

The Fellaini one is a work of art by the way.

Comedy gold, the Di Canio clip! We've all done it...

34 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet if he does leave he can take my misses with him. We’d be losing a quality player but not all bad news for us you’d get to see your chant disappear and I’d get to see my misses disappear.

He is a committed family man, so wouldn’t want anyone else’s life partner. Another reason to find the chant distasteful. 

49 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Ngl, I clicked a different emoji so we can play emoji bingo. One person needs to add the robin and one person needs to add the trophy for a full house.

Oh and I'm not scared of Kasey Palmer, David Beckham, Marlon Pack or even J Lo wanting a shag. I ain't fussy. Slide in the DMs if any of you four are reading this. Mr Peg won't know. ?

We have a full house

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Oh ffs. Turn the lights off on your way out 

Pointless post.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

He's a serial WUM. Talks absolute bollocks that can only be the work of a troll, then starts accusing people of bullying when you point it out.

Standard 

5 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Wow just wow

He came out and said he loved the song and his lil boy does aswell only person who wasnt happy was his mrs but she proberly doesnt like it because her son was singing it

Its called having a sense of humour hopefully you get one for christmas 

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Pointless post

Pointless post

You do come out with some classics

Arsenal and Nketiah have egg on their face. If he wants to come crawling to BS3 now then a vastly reduced loan fee and an apology to MA and LJ is required

I’m fine with him coming here but a video apology would smooth things with the fans somewhat

2 hours ago, jambodinho said:

So what you are insinuating is that the fans that sing this song either knowingly have wives that crave a good seeing to from a well endowed black gentleman or the men themselves have fantasies of a cuckold nature. What a weird thought process. Maybe your misses has begged you for a 3 way with a black man and as you’re not keen on the idea, the Kasey Palmer song upsets you. ?

You may be onto something here, he wants Eliasson gone in the transfer window too... Maybe his wife does want a 3 way - but he just isn't part of her plans and Palmer and Eliasson are?

15 minutes ago, Highguy said:

He came out and said he loved the song and his lil boy does aswell only person who wasnt happy was his mrs but she proberly doesnt like it because her son was singing it

Its called having a sense of humour hopefully you get one for christmas 

Let's not confuse a sense of humour with being offended on someone else's behalf !!

For obvious reasons, I have never heard the chant, but I guess that it would be to the tune of 'Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You' and chucks in a line  'I'd let you shag my wife'  and has been sung by various football fans about various players for years. We used to sing it about Rory Gaffney with the last line being 'I want ginger hair too'.

If that is the chant we are talking about and assuming there are no references to skin colour in it, then I think the OP may need to stop over thinking things and I would be more concerned how on earth anyone could think that it enforces racial stereotypes.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

For obvious reasons, I have never heard the chant, but I guess that it would be to the tune of 'Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You' and chucks in a line  'I'd let you shag my wife'  and has been sung by various football fans about various players for years. We used to sing it about Rory Gaffney with the last line being 'I want ginger hair too'.

If that is the chant we are talking about and assuming there are no references to skin colour in it, then I think the OP may need to stop over thinking things and I would be more concerned how on earth anyone could think that it enforces racial stereotypes.

Just because a version of it has been sung before doesn’t mean it can’t take on a particular connotation in this instance. Whether it is indeed offensive or not the level of debate and reflection on this thread has been shocking and revealing. Reflects very badly on OTIB and the small sub section of City fans it represents. 

4 hours ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

Ahahahahaha, your hilarious. So embarrassed for you

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

Just because a version of it has been sung before doesn’t mean it can’t take on a particular connotation in this instance. Whether it is indeed offensive or not the level of debate and reflection on this thread has been shocking and revealing. Reflects very badly on OTIB and the small sub section of City fans it represents. 

Is there any reference to skin colour in your version of the chant?

4 hours ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

Does this not expose your own personal,  racial biases ?

The song itself is nicked from the barmy army who sing it about ginger, white man Johnny Bairstow.

The reason is because the syllables in the name match.

I’m afraid Anything else is down to your own personal inferences.

11 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Yes you have indeed shocked me with how narrow you ability to understand what good natured banter is. Why do you feel the need to turn things on its head and take offence for all and sundry. Surely the responses here show we don't need you to take up the cudgell on our behalf. Believe it or not we can make decisions for ourselves without your assistance. Good luck in the future because you are going to need it. Doesn't reflect badly on OTIB at all but just how limited your train of thought is. You are on my list as the next Arch Bishop of Canterbury or even Pope (despite my age being a problem to you).  Good luck my Son and may the good lord go with you.

3 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Kasey Palmer doesn’t find the chant offensive, debate ended before it even started............keep going.

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Correct.

Misogynistic the song may be. Racist it is obviously not. 

5 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Mate, you've just been taken down by @Miah Dennehy's Gaslogic. Time to log off.

Archived