IGNORED

Is KP’s chant offensive?

Wolf Island

9 hours ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

What's wrong with "Lag my pipes"?

Or have I misheard?

10 hours ago, nickolas said:

Yes. Snowflake. Born and bred nowadays im afraid. Saw a great clip from Piers Morgan recently about snowflake generation. Spot on. World gone soft. 
im offended you’re offended etc etc. 
Absolute boredom listening to all the issues going on nowadays. ?

Exactly, society should toughen up. It's too easy to cry foul, I'm not agreeing to personal abuse but please toughen up.

:gaah:

18 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Unconscious biases run deep but are biases nonetheless.

18 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What a load of absolute nonsense.

I can honesty say 100% that until this thread it never crossed my mind that the song could be remotely associated with skin colour.

The fact that you think that suggests the bias is coming from yourself. 

You are not aware of everything crossing or going on in your own mind, same for everyone on this planet. That's another fact. 

12 hours ago, BigTone said:

Dolls ran off with some bloke called bloke from Sadly Broke and left me in a cupboard with Flinty and Scotty !! That love affair is looking precarious..........maybe.

12 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

A threes up with Scotty and Flinty?

Ya dirty perv.

12 hours ago, BigTone said:

Not really. Scotty spent his time doing the washing !! As for Flinty....no, no, no 

12 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Scotty over the washing machine, and Flinty playing hard to get?

:laugh:

After such a mare, will Hare Island ever be seen again on this forum?  Most ridiculous thread ever, and possibly designed to antagonise and cause divide / unrest.

The chant is pure harmless fun, although for the record I would not let any player sleep with my wife unless he wants to have his head and balls removed under guillotine.

25 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The chant is pure harmless fun, although for the record I would not let any player sleep with my wife unless he wants to have his head and balls removed under guillotine.

For a couple of match day tickets, use of a box with free drinks and food and access to the City dressing room at half time and after the match I'd certainly consider it. 

Edit:

Just checked with the wife. Apparently she will stop squeezing my testicles if I post no, I definitely would not allow any one to sleep with her. 

Is that OK Wifey? 

26 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

After such a mare, will Hare Island ever be seen again on this forum?  Most ridiculous thread ever, and possibly designed to antagonise and cause divide / unrest.

He was on about 2 hours ago. I know we all ripped him a new one but everyone's entitled to an opinion. In saying that JulieH (xxx) has indicated that his lair is currently being monitored and an arrest is imminent.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

For a couple of match day tickets, use of a box with free drinks and food and access to the City dressing room at half time and after the match I'd certainly consider it. 

Edit:

Just checked with the wife. Apparently she will stop squeezing my testicles if I post no, I definitely would not allow any one to sleep with her. 

Is that OK Wifey? 

She said the same to me last Thursday

45 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Still here fella. A pile on of lame jokes and gifs rather than a constructive debate will not keep me away.

8 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Still here fella. A pile on of lame jokes and gifs rather than a constructive debate will not keep me away.

Constructive debate? LMFAO. For attention-seeking social  justice warriors like you, I found this and thought it might get you 'salivating'.

The Morning after it last snowed:

8:00 am: I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest, saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as vegetables are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:30 - I used food colouring to make one of the snow couple a different colour and be more racially inclusive.
8:37 - Accused of using a black face on the snowman...snow persons.
8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.
8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.
10:00 - I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman...

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.

7 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

Constructive debate? LMFAO. For attention-seeking social  justice warriors like you, I found this and thought it might get you 'salivating'.

8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest, saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as vegetables are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:30 - I used food colouring to make one of the snow couple a different colour and be more racially inclusive.
8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.
8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.

Terms like that less than helpful...say what you like but Snowflake, in turn gets labelled a gammon or a Boomer- sure there's another word for Youth in that category too.

Just tedious.

15 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

Is this meant to be comedy? It’s almost as idiotic as the opening post on this thread.

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

He probably is, and if so, how embarrassing for him.

Dont worry mate, it was funny. Who cares what that boring cant thinks ?

Exactly. Astonishing how the likes of him and Mr P cannot or will not see the funny side of these idiots who are intent on taking offence at everything possible, even the most tenuous 'outrages'.

4 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

Exactly. Astonishing how the likes of him and Mr P cannot or will not see the funny side of these idiots who are intent on taking offence at everything possible, even the most tenuous 'outrages'.

Er, care to elaborate? 

I am not especially bothered. 

You however are clearly a blinkered boomer or gammon, ha! The amusing thing is that some of the elderly or some of those with an elderly mindset (like you perhaps) in some ways resemble the very snowflakes they moan about...they can be quite thin skinned.

Fairly entertaining after all and I can laugh at this. :yes:

Boomer, gammon and snowflake to name three, are all examples.

My point is that it's not helpful, constructive but tedious and can cause a bit of a race to the bottom.

Say what you like as we all should though.

Archived