Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Is KP’s chant offensive?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

I agree, the funniest thread ever !! 

Sorry Julie but if you had read the whole thread you would know how offensive certain posts can be to Otibers.

A friend of mine was offended from your above post. Not only did it have a space inbetween the final word and the exclamation mark but to make it even more heinous, you typed two exclamation Marks.

On the above basis, you will never be able to work for the Grammar Police. Harsh but true.

Ps Big Tone sends his love.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hare Island said:

If Palmer stays beyond the transfer window I think the words to his chant must change. I know the song is sung with good intent, but sadly it reinforces racial stereotypes, tropes and fears about men of colour. 
 

No doubt I will get a few negative emojiis or ‘snowflake’ jibes for this post but hoping some will also like and take action.

What's wrong with "Lag my pipes"?

Or have I misheard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nickolas said:

Yes. Snowflake. Born and bred nowadays im afraid. Saw a great clip from Piers Morgan recently about snowflake generation. Spot on. World gone soft. 
im offended you’re offended etc etc. 
Absolute boredom listening to all the issues going on nowadays. 😩

Exactly, society should toughen up. It's too easy to cry foul, I'm not agreeing to personal abuse but please toughen up.

:gaah:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hare Island said:


 

Unconscious biases run deep but are biases nonetheless.

 

18 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What a load of absolute nonsense.

I can honesty say 100% that until this thread it never crossed my mind that the song could be remotely associated with skin colour.

The fact that you think that suggests the bias is coming from yourself. 

You are not aware of everything crossing or going on in your own mind, same for everyone on this planet. That's another fact. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BigTone said:

Dolls ran off with some bloke called bloke from Sadly Broke and left me in a cupboard with Flinty and Scotty !! That love affair is looking precarious..........maybe.

 

12 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

A threes up with Scotty and Flinty?

Ya dirty perv.

 

12 hours ago, BigTone said:

Not really. Scotty spent his time doing the washing !! As for Flinty....no, no, no 

 

12 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Scotty over the washing machine, and Flinty playing hard to get?

:laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

After such a mare, will Hare Island ever be seen again on this forum?  Most ridiculous thread ever, and possibly designed to antagonise and cause divide / unrest.

The chant is pure harmless fun, although for the record I would not let any player sleep with my wife unless he wants to have his head and balls removed under guillotine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The chant is pure harmless fun, although for the record I would not let any player sleep with my wife unless he wants to have his head and balls removed under guillotine.

For a couple of match day tickets, use of a box with free drinks and food and access to the City dressing room at half time and after the match I'd certainly consider it. 

Edit:

Just checked with the wife. Apparently she will stop squeezing my testicles if I post no, I definitely would not allow any one to sleep with her. 

Is that OK Wifey? 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

After such a mare, will Hare Island ever be seen again on this forum?  Most ridiculous thread ever, and possibly designed to antagonise and cause divide / unrest.

The chant is pure harmless fun, although for the record I would not let any player sleep with my wife unless he wants to have his head and balls removed under guillotine.

 

He was on about 2 hours ago. I know we all ripped him a new one but everyone's entitled to an opinion. In saying that JulieH (xxx) has indicated that his lair is currently being monitored and an arrest is imminent.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

For a couple of match day tickets, use of a box with free drinks and food and access to the City dressing room at half time and after the match I'd certainly consider it. 

Edit:

Just checked with the wife. Apparently she will stop squeezing my testicles if I post no, I definitely would not allow any one to sleep with her. 

Is that OK Wifey? 

 

She said the same to me last Thursday

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

After such a mare, will Hare Island ever be seen again on this forum?  Most ridiculous thread ever, and possibly designed to antagonise and cause divide / unrest.

The chant is pure harmless fun, although for the record I would not let any player sleep with my wife unless he wants to have his head and balls removed under guillotine.

 

Still here fella. A pile on of lame jokes and gifs rather than a constructive debate will not keep me away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Still here fella. A pile on of lame jokes and gifs rather than a constructive debate will not keep me away.

Constructive debate? LMFAO. For attention-seeking social  justice warriors like you, I found this and thought it might get you 'salivating'.

The Morning after it last snowed:


8:00 am: I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest, saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as vegetables are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:30 - I used food colouring to make one of the snow couple a different colour and be more racially inclusive.
8:37 - Accused of using a black face on the snowman...snow persons.
8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.
8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.
10:00 - I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman...

 

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.
 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

You should change yours to Miss Marple. Quiet morning?

No, Miss Marple the Bad just doesn't sound right.

Edited by BigTone
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

Constructive debate? LMFAO. For attention-seeking social  justice warriors like you, I found this and thought it might get you 'salivating'.

The Morning after it last snowed:


8:00 am: I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest, saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as vegetables are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:30 - I used food colouring to make one of the snow couple a different colour and be more racially inclusive.
8:37 - Accused of using a black face on the snowman...snow persons.
8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.
8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.
10:00 - I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman...

 

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.
 

 

 

Terms like that less than helpful...say what you like but Snowflake, in turn gets labelled a gammon or a Boomer- sure there's another word for Youth in that category too.

Just tedious.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

Constructive debate? LMFAO. For attention-seeking social  justice warriors like you, I found this and thought it might get you 'salivating'.

The Morning after it last snowed:


8:00 am: I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest, saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as vegetables are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:30 - I used food colouring to make one of the snow couple a different colour and be more racially inclusive.
8:37 - Accused of using a black face on the snowman...snow persons.
8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.
8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.
10:00 - I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman...

 

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.
 

 

 

Is this meant to be comedy? It’s almost as idiotic as the opening post on this thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...