IGNORED

Next 5 (league) games

reformed_red

Enough of the LJ out chat for me, he's going nowhere anytime soon.

So, the next 5 games look favourable based on current league position, even with the recent fiasco-esque performances we've been seeing.

Wigan A (22nd), Barnsley H (23rd), Reading A (14th), QPR A (15th), Birmingham H (18th).

I'd fancy us to get 12 points from those games and get this campaign slightly back on track. I can't resolve myself to wanting us to do poorly to get LJ out, and I think he'd have to basically get us into the relegation zone before SL were to act anyhow. 

In my option we've had 3 bad results (Milwall, Blackburn and Charlton), with one catastrophic performance  v Brentford. We need to find more potency going forward, hopefully we will get a striker in ASAP. 

Thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

So, the next 5 games look favourable based on current league position, even with the recent fiasco-esque performances we've been seeing.

Wigan A (22nd), Barnsley H (23rd), Reading A (14th), QPR A (15th), Birmingham H (18th).

I'd fancy us to get 12 points from those games and get this campaign slightly back on track. I can't resolve myself to wanting us to do poorly to get LJ out, and I think he'd have to basically get us into the relegation zone before SL were to act anyhow. 

In my option we've had 3 bad results (Milwall, Blackburn and Charlton), with one catastrophic performance  v Brentford. We need to find more potency going forward, hopefully we will get a striker in ASAP. 

Thoughts? 

That means winning 4 out of 6, or winning 3, drawing 3.

Lets just get Wigan out the way (I’m so boring, the one game at a time) and see where we are then.

6 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Thoughts? 

Who are you backing us to beat out of that lot? Wigan should be 3 points, but we are crap at home and Barnsley are getting better Reading are the form side in the division, QPR have just tanked Cardiff and Brum aren't an easy side to beat either. 

I think we will be lucky to take 9 points from those games, but I can equally see us loosing them all, unless there is a major uptake in performance on our end. 

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Who are you back in gus to best out of that lot? Wigan should be 3 points, but we are crap at home and Barnsley are getting better Reading are the form side in the division, QPR have just tanked Cardiff and Bruk aren't an easy side to beat. 

I think we will be lucky to take 9 points from those games, but I can equally see us loosing them all, unless there is a major uptake in performance on our end. 

Beat Wigan, Barnsley, Brum. Pick up a win from the other 2 games. We're 'streaky Bristol City', so I'd fancy us to turn it around and win a few in a row.

8 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

No points your deluded LJ out

Thanks for the constructive input mate. 

It's also you're, not your. 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Thoughts? 

First reaction - I think you should lay off of the Christmas sherry!!

On paper we should have picked up more than 3 points from the last 18 available and look what happened there

On paper what you say above is possible, but we are in the midst of the annual LJ capitulation and who knows how long it will last this season

i was looking at the same fixtures earlier and i'm afraid i cannot see 12 points in there at all.  i would love to be proved wrong.

we were awful at wigan last season. best I'm hoping for there is a point. We'll beat Barnsley at home. But then we're playing sides who we have a terrible record against. We normally get beaten in a boring game at reading, and their form has picked up drastically, enough to the point that it is not that far fetched for them to be above us when we play them. Other than last season we never beat QPR at their place. And Birmingham also normally have the beating of us. 

I think we'll do well to get 5 points out of that lot, which would start seeing a gap open up between us and the playoffs

That said 1 point at wigan and a win against barnsley might put this wretched run behind us and with a couple of new faces and renewed optimism we might all be pleasantly surprised.

48 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

12 points from those games

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mate, we'll honestly be lucky to get 5.

Because you're wrong about us only having 3 bad performances. We've performed poorly all season with the sole exceptions of the Luton home game (against opposition that was useless), the second half of the Charlton home game, and Derby away. In most of the other matches where we've picked up points it's been through luck rather than skill or judgment. That luck has ran out.

44 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Thoughts? 

You are, sir, the optimists optimist. We are playing terribly and Johnson as usual appears to have little idea what to do about it but spin the selection tombola and hope it works.

41 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Beat Wigan, Barnsley, Brum. Pick up a win from the other 2 games. We're 'streaky Bristol City', so I'd fancy us to turn it around and win a few in a row.

Thanks for the constructive input mate. 

It's also you're, not your. 

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

The only thing I see going on here is fans turning on each other.

I just dont get the LJ love in we aren't improving players unhappy only points one way to the manager.

5 minutes ago, Chappers said:

And Reading likely to be postponed due to Cup commitments. Hopefully to a time when our form is better and there’s is worse.

Is my punctuation correct?

Your spelling isn't.  Their form (not there form). Better than most on here. Well done.

Btw. I'm sh1te at spelling too...

40 minutes ago, Chappers said:

I had corrected the ‘there’s’ that was wrong, but full marks, quick to correctify me ?

You've still started a sentence with a conjunctive, omitted an apostrophe, arguably should use the word "is" after the word "Reading", and one could argue the whole thing should be a single sentence. Other than that - perfect.

8 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

All winnable.

We got battered v Barnsley away, if they get a loanee or two in we will struggle. 

Got forbid we were crap enough against them at Oakwell. 

Reading are on form. Getting better defensively as Puscas back from injury. 

Brum player very well against WBA, not bad going forward, with how we're playing defensively, I fancy a draw at best, especially if we stand off and let them slam crosses into Jutkiewicz and Bellingham. 

All games are as much winnable for every club in the championship, thats the attraction. Unfrotunately its becoming harder to see where we will pick up points from. 

22 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Even if we lost all 5 LJ would still be here banging on about how he has faith in the team and how he believes they’re good enough to compete in the division.

Anyway I’ll  go for 8 points and that’s being optimistic in current form. 

8 points every 5 games would keep us there or thereabouts 

2 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Thoughts? 

D D L L W 5 points.

Archived