IGNORED

Has the Shrewsbury Game taken on Importance for LJ

REDOXO

It's a bit of a no win game really, for LJ?

Beat Shrewsbury and it's what we expected- suppose maybe if there are some real outstanding performances or fringe players staking claim by looking fantastic then that's a positive to take.

Still though, we win and it's as expected broadly.

We draw or are unconvincing and it's still annoyance- and a notch more pressure.

We lose? What then!

37 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Or in most cases with rumours regarding BCFC someone makes it up, tweets it and taken as gospel by many.

Perhaps.

There is also the possibility- I believe it was floated on here a while ago that fake info is fed to someone so that their mate who leaks it can find the source of the original leaker.

Believe @Knighty was accused of that a while ago...fake transfer targets, that kind of thing.

Jesus H where is all this nonsense coming from? We've on a bad run, players are pissed off, players are not getting picked, they are playing out of position, being asked to defend, I don't want Palmer defending, i want him with a free role, we build the team around him, i thought that was the idea? 

43 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

You might be surprised at what people on here know - but that’s probably because those that really know, don’t post it on the internet.....

Exactly how it should be, I have no idea why anyone would want to cause shit for the club or a split between fans by posting things that they don’t even know if it’s true that they’ve heard 3rd hand from that good old reliable source, and funnily enough it always crops up after a bad run of results! Causes nothing but harm for the club they so say support.

I don’t know how the majority feel but I thought by being a supporter of a club you support your club through the good and tough times? I’m certainly one of those types, more commonly known as a happy clapper these days I suppose usually by those who seem to think we have the right to be challenging at the top every season whilst up against a lot bigger clubs who can attract the better players being entertained every week then bitch and whinge calling for the Managers head everytime we go on a bad run, football doesn’t work like that I’m afraid, if you want instant and constant success I suggest you go and play Fifa and set the difficulty to beginner, we’ll win the lot!

Anyone reading this forum right now would think we were in a huge crisis fighting relegation! We’ve been through a hell of a lot worse.

14 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

It will certainly seem more important than it looked when the fixture was announced.

If we'd been motoring, then messing up v Shrewsbury would just be a minor blip (and a chance to "concentrate on the league"). Now, any slip-up will be seen as part of a general malaise. The pressure will be on Johnson  

Great post Red - Robbo, if we were doing well in the league then a loss in the cup will be quickly forgotten. However a loss today and one or two more in the league on the trot will unfortunately be a disaster for Johnson. If this does eventuate then there will be no cup run this season and by the end of this month a mid table position. It is not what we all want to see and devastating for the club. 

Short Answer - No.

LJ's position is safer than the Bank of England.....he's not going anywhere anytime soon. ?

We are going to have to buckle into the rollercoaster (as we have in the past few years), close our eyes and hope that, as our stomachs sink as the results come, that our ars*holes and belly buttons don't meet!

I will forever follow BCFC...the Club is bigger than one man! 

COYRs! 

None of us know the real story behind the scenes at the gate but after watching the NYD match the problems cannot be ignored, only 2 or 3 players actually trying to give us a good game, the naughty corner behind the coach, the coach seemingly fuming with everything, the substitutions, post match antics, put it all together we are in a mess and have been for some time, if Shrewsbury don’t put us to the sword today it does not really matter (probably Plymouth have given the a few cup pointers)

What matters is we have a team devoid of motivation, a coach who would have trouble orchestrating a coin toss and an owner still praying his protege will come good! We deserve better!

16 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

It will certainly seem more important than it looked when the fixture was announced.

If we'd been motoring, then messing up v Shrewsbury would just be a minor blip (and a chance to "concentrate on the league"). Now, any slip-up will be seen as part of a general malaise. The pressure will be on Johnson  

Is the malaise homemade ??

18 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Things going badly on the pitch. Now reports of infighting between Palmer, Baker and LJ.

A win and a performance is vital for my spirits let alone the club. 

Not sure he'll be sacked but, ordinarily, that would make it the perfect time to get rid. 

Awful run of form. New manager with a window to work with?

17 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Exactly how it should be, I have no idea why anyone would want to cause shit for the club or a split between fans by posting things that they don’t even know if it’s true that they’ve heard 3rd hand from that good old reliable source, and funnily enough it always crops up after a bad run of results! Causes nothing but harm for the club they so say support.

I don’t know how the majority feel but I thought by being a supporter of a club you support your club through the good and tough times? I’m certainly one of those types, more commonly known as a happy clapper these days I suppose usually by those who seem to think we have the right to be challenging at the top every season whilst up against a lot bigger clubs who can attract the better players being entertained every week then bitch and whinge calling for the Managers head everytime we go on a bad run, football doesn’t work like that I’m afraid, if you want instant and constant success I suggest you go and play Fifa and set the difficulty to beginner, we’ll win the lot!

Anyone reading this forum right now would think we were in a huge crisis fighting relegation! We’ve been through a hell of a lot worse.

We have been through worse, that does not mean how-ever that we should say nothing when we go on yet another poor run. Some see it as moaning I see it as caring and not ignoring what is going on, say what you think not what you are supposed to think.

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps.

There is also the possibility- I believe it was floated on here a while ago that fake info is fed to someone so that their mate who leaks it can find the source of the original leaker.

Believe @Knighty was accused of that a while ago...fake transfer targets, that kind of thing.

Mate still works there and is very busy at the moment

20 hours ago, Natchfever said:

See the Presser.

Everything is fine and dandy, so obviously fake news, we go again etc.

Can't see LJ under pressure unless we get a repeat scoreline to the last home game.  

'See the presser'?  You get more truth from a North Korean newspaper.

Archived