IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town FA Cup R3

Septic Peg

Nope. Not Gillingham.

Shrewsbury Town, currently 18th in L1 and finished last season smack bang in the middle in 12th place. Their most recent results include wins over Coventry City and Blackpool, draws with Oxford and Bolton and a loss to Rotherham.

Notably, we will welcome back a City reject this afternoon. Mr Scott Golborne. Scott signed with Shrewsbury a year ago until the end of the season and was rewarded for his performances with a 2 year contract. He also played and scored in the EFL trophy cup game v Man City kids which ended in a charged penalty shootout. 

Today is a throwaway game for us. Expect a lot of youngsters both starting and on the bench. With our precarious league form and off pitch rumours taking centre stage at the moment, the majority of the first team will not be in attendance I doubt. However, it will give those breaking through a chance to shine and with that, confidence and experience at AG.

There are also suggestions that the fans may stay away today (I've seen suggestions that only 5k tickets have been sold) but it is pay on the day and I'm sure many will be deciding whether to withstand the cold before heading down.

Fully fledged City fan Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson (he loves us, he really does) has us down for a win. I do too. So naturally, we will lose. 2-1 Shrews.

Concentrate on the league eh?

COYRs!

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Today is a throwaway game for us.

COYRs!

Nope, it's the FA Cup and a bit of a run could put some sparkle in our season.

Losing at home to Shrewsbury would be embarrassing, deflating, and a further kick in the goolies to City fans making the effort to turn up to their 3rd game in less than a week today.

I'm expecting a very positive reaction from the coach and the players giving something for the diehards to shout about, and for City to go through to the next round.

Nothing less is acceptable.

Today is anything but a throwaway, we have assembled a massive squad and should be able to live with the rigours of competing on two fronts. If we had a tiny squad, or were full of injuries, you could perhaps understand saying that this is a throwaway game.

A loss today would be really telling as to the current state of affairs at Bristol City, I can't imagine that LJ won't be on the ropes if we lose today, and quite rightly so. 

13 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Nope. Not Gillingham.

Shrewsbury Town, currently 18th in L1 and finished last season smack bang in the middle in 12th place. Their most recent results include wins over Coventry City and Blackpool, draws with Oxford and Bolton and a loss to Rotherham.

Notably, we will welcome back a City reject this afternoon. Mr Scott Golborne. Scott signed with Shrewsbury a year ago until the end of the season and was rewarded for his performances with a 2 year contract. He also played and scored in the EFL trophy cup game v Man City kids which ended in a charged penalty shootout. 

Today is a throwaway game for us. Expect a lot of youngsters both starting and on the bench. With our precarious league form and off pitch rumours taking centre stage at the moment, the majority of the first team will not be in attendance I doubt. However, it will give those breaking through a chance to shine and with that, confidence and experience at AG.

There are also suggestions that the fans may stay away today (I've seen suggestions that only 5k tickets have been sold) but it is pay on the day and I'm sure many will be deciding whether to withstand the cold before heading down.

Fully fledged City fan Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson (he loves us, he really does) has us down for a win. I do too. So naturally, we will lose. 2-1 Shrews.

COYRs!

Angry Over It GIF by Netflix Philippines

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Massive game for LJ surely the end for him with a defeat.

Be interesting to see his team selection, he surely must know this is must win. If he picks a weaken team I think it shows he believes he’s under no pressure regarding his position 

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Massive game for LJ surely the end for him with a defeat.

Highly unlikely. A defeat wouldn’t be welcome and his position may be under scrutiny, but a cup match won’t determine his future, I’d be pretty sure.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Palmer and Eliasson in same team.

Can see it now...us hammering Shrews, then calls for both to play in Championship.?

Come on Spud, this is fake news. Palmer is lining up for Swansea and Nicolas is so upset that he's been swept out of Ashton Gate on a tide of his own tears.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

But LJ has told us Eliasson and Palmer cannot play in the same team... 

I've heard people on here saying that, can't remember LJ saying it though ?

Happy to be corrected.

I don't see any reason at all why they can't be in the same team.

Archived