IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town FA Cup R3

Septic Peg

I’m sorry but I’m puzzled how people think Palmer is the best player this game, he’s lost the ball 4/5 times in midfield and consistently passes backwards and runs sideways . The only positive thing he has done so far is a good on target volley and a through ball to Watkins . Elliason clearly the best player so far , without him we have no attacking threat atm.

1 minute ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I’m sorry but I’m puzzled how people think Palmer is the best player this game, he’s lost the ball 4/5 times in midfield and consistently passes backwards and runs sideways . The only positive thing he has done so far is a good on target volley and a though ball to Watkins . Elliason clearly the best player so far , without him we have no attacking threat atm.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Absolutely. Quality, and putting in a shift. 

These two posts immediately after each other sum up OTIB perfectly

1 minute ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I’m sorry but I’m puzzled how people think Palmer is the best player this game, he’s lost the ball 4/5 times in midfield and consistently passes backwards and runs sideways . The only positive thing he has done so far is a good on target volley and a though ball to Watkins . Elliason clearly the best player so far , without him we have no attacking threat atm.

Wasn't his header that was well saved too? So hes had our best two chances. Been our best player, and if he had players that made runs in behind he would be even better. 

Palmer has grown into the game and has been unlucky not to score.

On a side note it would be interesting to see Kalas’ pass completion % from that first half - it’s been woeful. Shanking every simple pass and lumping aimless balls forward. Needs to improve.

City played the first half like an away team playing for a 0-0 draw or to possibly sneak a goal against the run of play. Well, the goal has been snuck so can City hang on in the second half?

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Wasn't his header that was well saved too? So hes had our best two chances. Been our best player, and if he had players that made runs in behind he would be even better. 

I’ve heard Arsenal have got a player they want to loan out that can do that!

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Header that was saved was famara I think (sitting in upper lansdown so could be wrong ) and he has spent most of his Time in the first half trotting round the centre circle not making runs himself . Not saying he’s played the worst because he is clearly the best midfielder on the pitch today but I think his ability is over exaggerated at times .

Archived