IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town FA Cup R3

Septic Peg

53 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hesgoal working for me..

Yes came on a bit late, but my god is it just me or does it buffer a lot? can't be my broadband speed as its superfast fibre so no idea why it keeps doing it will try the other link I've been given second half

Palmer should always play in the centre not on the wing. He started on the left wing with Eliasson on right and Watkins up top. Since we’ve switched it with Eliasson left Watkins right and Palmer centre we - and Palmer - have unsurprisingly improved. 

What the hell was he thinking starting Palmer wide left? Much better since he moved central and we’ve finally managed to dictate a bit of the game. 

Pretty shocking overall mind, Kalas can’t even pass it 10 yards and Diedhiou couldn’t  trap a bag of cement before his goal.

3 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I’m sorry but I’m puzzled how people think Palmer is the best player this game, he’s lost the ball 4/5 times in midfield and consistently passes backwards and runs sideways . The only positive thing he has done so far is a good on target volley and a though ball to Watkins . Elliason clearly the best player so far , without him we have no attacking threat atm.

His movement and energy has been good.

The movement and understanding in front of him has again been poor.

A player like Palmer needs players in front of him on the same wavelength. He doesn't telegraph a pass...it's often either fast or disguised. 

For all his negatives, I feel for him, with the lack of true quality in front of him.

The understanding he had with Afobe shows by miles.

Often in football a talented flair player will be made to look bad by those with a lesser understanding or slower mind.

Just now, RedEyez said:

Palmer has grown into the game and has been unlucky not to score.

On a side note it would be interesting to see Kalas’ pass completion % from that first half - it’s been woeful. Shanking every simple pass and lumping aimless balls forward. Needs to improve.

Agree with that.

Kalas got better as the half went on but he's been pretty poor tbh. He's not releasing the ball quick enough and ignoring a short pass for an aimless lump forward. I'd keep Moore in the team with Williams for next game.

Spot on - Palmer growing into the game after a lengthy absence. His passing is getting quicker as the game goes on and he's also looked a threat on goal. Him and Eliasson best players on the pitch so far.

From a position of "Shrewsbury are the better team and should be winning" I'm now looking forward to the second half.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Admirable then that he managed to raise his performance above (and despite) his dire companions then - not an easy task.

No, they all perked up after taking a thoroughly undeserved lead. Difficult to say who was worst before then; possibly Dasilva. Only Eliasson was any good before the goal.

Christ it's not been a good performance. To sum it up Shrewsbury seem to know what they are doing and City don't but City lead. 

Its been way too slow when going forward. Eliasson and Palmer look the only dangerous players for us. 

Giles I feel is going to get a goal or assist for Shrewsbury he's been their outlet pretty much every time and he looks good. 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Yes came on a bit late, but my god is it just me or does it buffer a lot? can't be my broadband speed as its superfast fibre so no idea why it keeps doing it will try the other link I've been given second half

All the streams buffer for me on my iPad. There’s quite a lag as well. I got a notification thru before the cross to Famara to score!

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All the streams buffer for me on my iPad. There’s quite a lag as well. I got a notification thru before the cross to Famara to score!

I have a feeling you have me on “ignored” but if not and you can see this then try this stream

https://buffstream.stream/watch-bristol-city-stream-1

@pillred try the link above mate 

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

It buffers a lot. Mind you Robin's TV isn't much better as I have found out on numerous occasions. At least Hesgoal is free.

7 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

These two posts immediately after each other sum up OTIB perfectly

This goes back many, many years before OTIB. Trust me.

It's called opinion. Right or wrong that's what it is.

If anyone is old enough to remember standing in the open end, or any other section of the Gate pre all seater stadia, this sort of 'debate' would occur every week between the crowd at half time and continued at full time during the walk out, pretty much with the same level of agreement/disagreement. 

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

His movement and energy has been good.

The movement and understanding in front of him has again been poor.

A player like Palmer needs players in front of him on the same wavelength. He doesn't telegraph a pass...it's often either fast or disguised. 

For all his negatives, I feel for him, with the lack of true quality in front of him.

The understanding he had with Afobe shows by miles.

Often in football a talented flair player will be made to look bad by those with a lesser understanding or slower mind.

For  a talented flair player he doesn’t half fall over the ball a lot. He was pretty awful before the goal (two thirds of the half).

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The one posted near the start of this thread is working fine for me on iPad if you want to try it out

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

No, they all perked up after taking a thoroughly undeserved lead. Difficult to say who was worst before then; possibly Dasilva. Only Eliasson was any good before the goal.

OK, I was only repeating what Owers said on RB.

Archived