IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town FA Cup R3

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Speechless at that 2nd half performance. Nagy looks Sunday league, what has happened to him? Korey HAS to start the next 5 games. No tenacity in the middle , it was pathetic.

Yes Nagy was awful, didn’t show for the ball, misjudged passing and looks like he was going no-where.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Good to rest Brownhill, there is a reason why he is first on the team sheet. 

Yep, has to be Smith and Brownhill for me. They’re both reliable and experienced. Nagy and Massengo look like they’re still finding their feet. 

But they have to do better from what we’re seeing currently.

2 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Did anyone count our Box Entries - we might not actually need a reply if we had more than them eh Lee.

In fairness we did make a few box entries before the end, so lots of positives to take from today’s game. 

I thought the post did a superb job to stand it’s ground.

Palmer much better when switched to the middle, but Fammy not (and never will be) on same wavelength. Aside from Palmer, only Eliasson and Maenpaa put in any kind of a decent performance.

Sure Nagy & Massengo must have been coached to not carry the ball out, as they were both doing it to good effect when they arrived. We end up with such a gap between the back 4 and 2 DMs to the forwards. 

Well that was totally expected although I thought we’d just have enough to scrape through .

We put out  a strong  team today and still looked  clueless against a midtable side a division below us. 

We had no fight and no urgency. 

On the positives;

KP has put himself in the shop window .

Famaral scores 

Nikki was solid .

Usually I resist joining the  moan-fest, however after that performance I would like to make just a few observations....

All of our players give away the ball too easily and too often

Earlier in the season, when we were winning, we never played convincing football

Our defence looks increasingly vulnerable  

In short I believe we have gone from a team not playing well but winning, to a team that continues to not play well that can not win.

Among many fans the tide is fast turning against LJ, nevertheless I don't think he is going anywhere and even if he did I fear his successor might be even less inspiring. 

As a life-long fan I have tasted many ups and downs of supporting the City, we are currently in a fairly stale and poor place......just two or three wins or even two or three decent performances away from looking somewhat better.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

What is it?

He's been very poor this season imo.

He is having a bad run of form yes, but this is the same as last season when he had no rest and again looked awful. 

He is on 5 goals at the halfway point of the season, matching his best for an entire season. If he finishes on 10 that would not be a poor season. People seem to forget that’s he was on a good run of form as well before this bad run and hasn’t been rested at all thus far.

Shrewsbury are a good FA Cup side, last two seasons have only been knocked out by Prem clubs (Wolves last season and West Ham year before both by the odd goal). I thought they defended well today, we are obviously lacking in confidence and were poor but we're still in the competition. I've seen a lot worse than that over the years and think people on here are over-reacting, 

Another poor performance. Famara, Niclas, Han Noah and Taylor Moore OK,   and Maanpaa did nothing wrong but rest were very poor. Can see why Palmer not playing, constantly looking to flick the ball around the corner before he has it under control, and never shields the ball with his body. Pereira got a roasting from their winger and Nagy was very sloppy. Might of course win the replay as we're better away. 

16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That was beyond pathetic.

Strong side out there today and we were lucky to get a replay. First half wasn’t that great but second half was a shambles, it really was.

Not sure how LJ can defend that.

1,We go again ? 2, fine lines? 3, didnt want it enough cause I`m a shit manager

odds on fav number 1, evens number 2, 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/1 number 3,

Just focusing on the performance, it was slow, disinterested and littered with individual errors.

Shrewsbury looked like average league one side who just tried a lot harder.

i really had no idea where on Earth a goal was coming from.

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Shrewsbury are a good FA Cup side, last two seasons have only been knocked out by Prem clubs (Wolves last season and West Ham year before both by the odd goal). I thought they defended well today, we are obviously lacking in confidence and were poor but we're still in the competition. I've seen a lot worse than that over the years and think people on here are over-reacting, 

Ffs man , we were absolutely dire 

Archived