Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town FA Cup R3

Just now, P'head Red said:

Imagine being told after beating fulham that this is a performance we'd be putting in a month later...

There have been others Im afraid

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Can any of the Johnson remainer's defend that today ?

They will because it doesn't affect the league position. 

1 minute ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Looked like a group of individuals trying get the manager sacked to me

Increasingly like Arsenal players looking to get Emery sacked. The same players who are putting in a shift now it suits them.

For anyone not here, a midtable L1 side just came here and controlled the game and while they didn’t dominate chances reckon they had more better chances than we did. The coaches need to go because they haven’t got a clue how to get a performance from this squad.

Reckon we are the only team I have seen this season that doesn’t press at all. Not even in our half we just drop our midfield to about 3 yards from goal while our back 4 sit on the edge of the box. Then we just sit there and let teams dictate play and pick us apart. 

Meanwhile everyone else pressure us in the same scenario and we lose it and get countered. Shrewsbury were quicker, hungrier and showed more quality than us today and it is painful to watch

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Speechless at that 2nd half performance. Nagy looks Sunday league, what has happened to him? Korey HAS to start the next 5 games. No tenacity in the middle , it was pathetic.

Edited by RedEyez

That was beyond pathetic.

Strong side out there today and we were lucky to get a replay. First half wasn’t that great but second half was a shambles, it really was.

Not sure how LJ can defend that.

Edited by Lew-T

That was another lead legged performance. Outshone by a League One club who have struggled to score goals this season.

Was going to go down today but watched it online and glad I didn’t waste my money.

We look a shadow of the side who destroyed Huddersfield.

Utter garbage.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

That was awful.

We fielded a strong side and were second best.

Something is very wrong at the club.

LJ, Macca & Holden all need to be shown the door.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

One of my friends went to her first ever football match today. She asked which team was in the higher league. Pretty damning verdict. 

I apologised for dragging her there 

Have been very non committal with regards my views regarding management. I am now starting to lean in the direction that a change is needed to save our season. With the exception of a striker we have the players. What we don't seem to have is direction. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Yes came on a bit late, but my god is it just me or does it buffer a lot? can't be my broadband speed as its superfast fibre so no idea why it keeps doing it will try the other link I've been given second half

No, it's not your broadband, hesgoall has not been the same quality for some time now, my stream was exactly like yours and Estonian broadband is very fast.

• Thanks 1

Midfield was pretty non existent. Both Nagy and Massengo went hiding, sitting on the defensive line.

Both very poor today.

Stepped off them too much, not enough energy, lethargic. 

Shrewsbury pressed us better, had better control and seemingly had ideas when they got to the 18 yard box. 

In a word.....crap.

Lucky to have a replay.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Post match interview should be fun.

"we weren't crossing the intersections in our pressing matrix"? 

"our imposing factions weren't quite able to detract from the keepers concentrating focus"? 

Some such, I'm sure... 

• Haha 5

Just now, Lew-T said:

Midfield was pretty non existent. Both Nagy and Massengo went hiding, sitting on the defensive line.

Both very poor today.

Good to rest Brownhill, there is a reason why he is first on the team sheet. 

5 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Speechless at that 2nd half performance. Nagy looks Sunday league, what has happened to him? Korey HAS to start the next 5 games. No tenacity in the middle , it was pathetic.

Yes Nagy was awful, didn’t show for the ball, misjudged passing and looks like he was going no-where.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

What is it?

He's been very poor this season imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Yep, has to be Smith and Brownhill for me. They’re both reliable and experienced. Nagy and Massengo look like they’re still finding their feet. 

But they have to do better from what we’re seeing currently.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Did anyone count our Box Entries - we might not actually need a reply if we had more than them eh Lee.

In fairness we did make a few box entries before the end, so lots of positives to take from today’s game. 

I thought the post did a superb job to stand it’s ground.

• Like 2

Palmer much better when switched to the middle, but Fammy not (and never will be) on same wavelength. Aside from Palmer, only Eliasson and Maenpaa put in any kind of a decent performance.

Sure Nagy & Massengo must have been coached to not carry the ball out, as they were both doing it to good effect when they arrived. We end up with such a gap between the back 4 and 2 DMs to the forwards. 

• Like 2

Well that was totally expected although I thought we’d just have enough to scrape through .

We put out  a strong  team today and still looked  clueless against a midtable side a division below us. 

We had no fight and no urgency. 

On the positives;

KP has put himself in the shop window .

Famaral scores 

Nikki was solid .

3 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

In fairness we did make a few box entries before the end, so lots of positives to take from today’s game. 

I thought the post did a superb job to stand it’s ground.

It nodded one in for the Shrews though . I’d drop him for the next match. 

Usually I resist joining the  moan-fest, however after that performance I would like to make just a few observations....

All of our players give away the ball too easily and too often

Earlier in the season, when we were winning, we never played convincing football

Our defence looks increasingly vulnerable  

In short I believe we have gone from a team not playing well but winning, to a team that continues to not play well that can not win.

Among many fans the tide is fast turning against LJ, nevertheless I don't think he is going anywhere and even if he did I fear his successor might be even less inspiring. 

As a life-long fan I have tasted many ups and downs of supporting the City, we are currently in a fairly stale and poor place......just two or three wins or even two or three decent performances away from looking somewhat better.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Both very poor today.

The whole team seem to have gone into cautious “play backwards to keep the ball” mode.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

What is it?

He's been very poor this season imo.

He is having a bad run of form yes, but this is the same as last season when he had no rest and again looked awful. 

He is on 5 goals at the halfway point of the season, matching his best for an entire season. If he finishes on 10 that would not be a poor season. People seem to forget that’s he was on a good run of form as well before this bad run and hasn’t been rested at all thus far.

• Like 1

Shrewsbury are a good FA Cup side, last two seasons have only been knocked out by Prem clubs (Wolves last season and West Ham year before both by the odd goal). I thought they defended well today, we are obviously lacking in confidence and were poor but we're still in the competition. I've seen a lot worse than that over the years and think people on here are over-reacting, 

We are so easy to play against. As soon as the opposition has the ball the whole team just dropbnack ten yards. Then when we have the ball, there is no movement forward. Its basics, but too complicated for us it seems.

1 minute ago, fanjita said:

Steve,,,,Bloke on Radio Bristol now sounds like he’s going to have a heart attack 

your comment made me laugh so much :laugh: