IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town FA Cup R3

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Hi noggers hope you are legging it at furious pace to the gate mate

'Fraid not Banjo, couldn't be bothered today.

I hope to be typing at a furious pace though as the City goals go in though. 

COME ON CITY, STUFF 'EM!

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Nope. Not Gillingham.

Shrewsbury Town, currently 18th in L1 and finished last season smack bang in the middle in 12th place. Their most recent results include wins over Coventry City and Blackpool, draws with Oxford and Bolton and a loss to Rotherham.

Notably, we will welcome back a City reject this afternoon. Mr Scott Golborne. Scott signed with Shrewsbury a year ago until the end of the season and was rewarded for his performances with a 2 year contract. He also played and scored in the EFL trophy cup game v Man City kids which ended in a charged penalty shootout. 

Today is a throwaway game for us. Expect a lot of youngsters both starting and on the bench. With our precarious league form and off pitch rumours taking centre stage at the moment, the majority of the first team will not be in attendance I doubt. However, it will give those breaking through a chance to shine and with that, confidence and experience at AG.

There are also suggestions that the fans may stay away today (I've seen suggestions that only 5k tickets have been sold) but it is pay on the day and I'm sure many will be deciding whether to withstand the cold before heading down.

Fully fledged City fan Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson (he loves us, he really does) has us down for a win. I do too. So naturally, we will lose. 2-1 Shrews.

Concentrate on the league eh?

COYRs!

I assume City reject is a joke?

Archived