Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town FA Cup R3

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is the goal (that I didn't hear because I was having a tab) clipped anywhere?

Thought it might be on the red button or BBC website.

Just come up on the beeb website

Edited by cider-manc

Palmer is on a different wavelength to everyone else with the through balls he is trying to thread through. Needs that player to make the correct runs.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Palmer is on a different wavelength to everyone else with the through balls he is trying to thread through. Needs that player to make the correct runs.

That player would be wienman

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Owers saying Palmer best City player first half - 'quality performance'.

Towards the end yes. They were all dreadful before the goal, him included.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Watched the stream. Palmer is certainly showing up well as is Eliasson. Great cross and header fro Famara

I’m sorry but I’m puzzled how people think Palmer is the best player this game, he’s lost the ball 4/5 times in midfield and consistently passes backwards and runs sideways . The only positive thing he has done so far is a good on target volley and a through ball to Watkins . Elliason clearly the best player so far , without him we have no attacking threat atm.

Edited by RedsTilliDie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Absolutely. Quality, and putting in a shift. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I’m sorry but I’m puzzled how people think Palmer is the best player this game, he’s lost the ball 4/5 times in midfield and consistently passes backwards and runs sideways . The only positive thing he has done so far is a good on target volley and a though ball to Watkins . Elliason clearly the best player so far , without him we have no attacking threat atm.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Absolutely. Quality, and putting in a shift. 

These two posts immediately after each other sum up OTIB perfectly

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m sorry but I’m puzzled how people think Palmer is the best player this game, he’s lost the ball 4/5 times in midfield and consistently passes backwards and runs sideways . The only positive thing he has done so far is a good on target volley and a though ball to Watkins . Elliason clearly the best player so far , without him we have no attacking threat atm.

Wasn't his header that was well saved too? So hes had our best two chances. Been our best player, and if he had players that made runs in behind he would be even better. 

16 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That Giles for them looks tidy,only a young in as well

Thought the same so had a half time Google. . . He’s on loan from Wolves. 

Shit. 

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Towards the end yes. They were all dreadful before the goal, him included.

Admirable then that he managed to raise his performance above (and despite) his dire companions then - not an easy task.

Palmer has grown into the game and has been unlucky not to score.

On a side note it would be interesting to see Kalas’ pass completion % from that first half - it’s been woeful. Shanking every simple pass and lumping aimless balls forward. Needs to improve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P'head Red said:

These two posts immediately after each other sum up OTIB perfectly

Yep...beats me what game some people watch, but I try to be polite! I'm clearly right btw 😉

• Like 1

City played the first half like an away team playing for a 0-0 draw or to possibly sneak a goal against the run of play. Well, the goal has been snuck so can City hang on in the second half?

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Wasn't his header that was well saved too? So hes had our best two chances. Been our best player, and if he had players that made runs in behind he would be even better. 

I’ve heard Arsenal have got a player they want to loan out that can do that!

• Haha 1

Looked better last 15 mins or so. 

Palmer getting the ball in the final third helps. Not working so well when he drops deep to collect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Header that was saved was famara I think (sitting in upper lansdown so could be wrong ) and he has spent most of his Time in the first half trotting round the centre circle not making runs himself . Not saying he’s played the worst because he is clearly the best midfielder on the pitch today but I think his ability is over exaggerated at times .

Edited by RedsTilliDie

Thought they played MST of the half like they had not played together before

NE best so far,Palmer not bad either, Nagy keeps calling for the ball only to knock it back man on!

hope 2nd half will improve

Header that was saved was famara I think (sitting in upper labs down so could be wrong ) and he has spent most of his Time in the first half trotting round the centre circle not making runs himself 

It was Palmer

25 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Nagy and Massengo only want to play safe sideways or backwards five yard passes. Not good enough. They need to take the initiative and play forward.

Someone in front of them needs to bloody move!

20 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

An assist from nic shocked i am shocked

Eliasson -> Diedhiou in open play is actually mildly notable for its rarity.

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I’ve heard Arsenal have got a player they want to loan out that can do that!

Surely we would have heard about them by now if they did! 😉

53 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hesgoal working for me..

Yes came on a bit late, but my god is it just me or does it buffer a lot? can't be my broadband speed as its superfast fibre so no idea why it keeps doing it will try the other link I've been given second half

Palmer should always play in the centre not on the wing. He started on the left wing with Eliasson on right and Watkins up top. Since we’ve switched it with Eliasson left Watkins right and Palmer centre we - and Palmer - have unsurprisingly improved. 

• Like 2

What the hell was he thinking starting Palmer wide left? Much better since he moved central and we’ve finally managed to dictate a bit of the game. 

Pretty shocking overall mind, Kalas can’t even pass it 10 yards and Diedhiou couldn’t  trap a bag of cement before his goal.

Edited by Kibs

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

So in agreement that we played well towards the end of the half, but weathered an early storm where championship teams would have scored.

Yep, they appeared better organised.

3 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

His movement and energy has been good.

The movement and understanding in front of him has again been poor.

A player like Palmer needs players in front of him on the same wavelength. He doesn't telegraph a pass...it's often either fast or disguised. 

For all his negatives, I feel for him, with the lack of true quality in front of him.

The understanding he had with Afobe shows by miles.

Often in football a talented flair player will be made to look bad by those with a lesser understanding or slower mind.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Slow start from us but we are getting better. Palmer intelligent and good, Niclas good crosses as usual, Nice goal by Famara. Can we score one or two goals more it would be fine. A win is good for the confidence. COYR!!!

Just now, RedEyez said:

Palmer has grown into the game and has been unlucky not to score.

On a side note it would be interesting to see Kalas’ pass completion % from that first half - it’s been woeful. Shanking every simple pass and lumping aimless balls forward. Needs to improve.

Agree with that.

Kalas got better as the half went on but he's been pretty poor tbh. He's not releasing the ball quick enough and ignoring a short pass for an aimless lump forward. I'd keep Moore in the team with Williams for next game.

Spot on - Palmer growing into the game after a lengthy absence. His passing is getting quicker as the game goes on and he's also looked a threat on goal. Him and Eliasson best players on the pitch so far.

From a position of "Shrewsbury are the better team and should be winning" I'm now looking forward to the second half.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Admirable then that he managed to raise his performance above (and despite) his dire companions then - not an easy task.

No, they all perked up after taking a thoroughly undeserved lead. Difficult to say who was worst before then; possibly Dasilva. Only Eliasson was any good before the goal.