IGNORED

Lost for words

GTFABM

7 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

He’s had 4 years to put this team together 

but, but, but we are a few points off the play offs and made year on year progress, our box entries are up as well, blah, blah, blah..... come on we should be smashing this league by now its the manager thats holding us back but no doubt he will blame the players; who in fact need managing and a couple additions added.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Fam has probably been our best player in the last few games..

Says something about the performances.  No movement, no touch, picks and chooses when he’s gonna try. Afobe showed what we’re missing up front in the few games he played, liberating not only the creative midfielders but bringing the best out of Nagy as well.

Just now, Hare Island said:

Says something about the performances.  No movement, no touch, picks and chooses when he’s gonna try. Afobe showed what we’re missing up front in the few games he played, liberating not only the creative midfielders but bringing the best out of Nagy as well.

Fam scored today , was completly isolated up too , and comparing him to a known championship goal scorer who is a different player with a different play style proves nothing .

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Fam has probably been our best player in the last few games..

He seriously hasn't. He's the biggest problem to this team creating chances.

Total lack of movement into the CORRECT areas.

Deep he's fine, occasionally in the six yard box he's fine. It's the movement just in front the box that's the problem.

He literally gives very few options.

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why do I get the feeling people like yourself were secretly hoping for this?

Btw, we didnt lose.

Few people hope we lose at anytime. The constant comment implying that there is a phalanx of supporters hoping for a defeat is a fallacy.

We are awful. We have been comprehensively out played by multiple clubs recently and we were played off the park in periods by Shrewsbury. Those are facts, not innuendo   ........

22 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Sigh. It was very very poor today. Don't know what to say truth be told...

I've been a big supporter of LJ during his tenure, there's been so much good. Wasn't so long ago we were beating Man U at the gate and everything was roses. But what it boils down to for me is Johnson is just NOT getting the best out of his players, not by miles. You can say all you like about tactics and formations, but surely a manager's bread and butter must be motivation, confidence building, and playing to the strengths you have by bringing out the talent of the players you have.

And what talent there is in this squad! But not one of them is operating anywhere near their potential. Case in point how he's messed around with Elliasson all year, not knowing what to do or where to fit him in, when he should be putting him first on the team sheet, and building the team around his strengths.

I'm sad to admit it but I don't think Johnson can take this team any further. He's done a terrific job, but he's hit a wall. It may take a while, probably all summer, to figure out the right replacement to take us to that next level. For the interim, I'd take a punt to be honest. Recruit Warnock until the end of the season and see what he can do. You can say what you like about him and the 'history' involved, but I don't care about Cardiff or Palace or any of that history, I only care about the future and what he could do for City. And I think what he could do is bring an entirely fresh approach, by first and foremost getting them playing for the shirt again. He'd get the very best out of the huge talent available in this team, of that you can be assured. I feel pretty confident that he'd lead these players to a higher finish this season than with LJ in charge.

? Excellent post. Sums up exactly what I’m thinking more eloquently than I would have put it. Such an exciting squad just not performing. It’s only going in one direction, with motivation and energy at rock bottom. With our infrastructure I hope we can attract a top end championship manager to have a crack this season and if we don’t make it, kick on further next. It pains me to say it but I think time is up for LJ

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why do I get the feeling people like yourself were secretly hoping for this?

Btw, we didnt lose.

But our amassed not inexpensive team looked ordinary against a mid L1 team. They’ve looked ordinary in the last 6 or so games, so yes we didn’t lose, but really that’s clutching a straws now

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Yea. I coukdnt give a shit about a cup run. If we lost who cares if it means lj finally goes then happy days.

Pathetic. Whilst I probably do agree a managerial change is needed, never ever ever ever ever in a billion years would I wish for us to lose. 

I've spent my whole life supporting this club, I support them in the good times and the bad times, no way am I ever gonna wish them to lose, that goes against the principles of being a football supporter.

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

But our amassed not inexpensive team looked ordinary against a mid L1 team. They’ve looked ordinary in the last 6 or so games, so yes we didn’t lose, but really that’s clutching a straws now

Let's look at this in context. It's the FA Cup, why is the FA Cup worldwide famous? Because lower teams can make bigger teams look ordinary. The lower teams are more motivated.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Pathetic. Whilst I probably do agree a managerial change is needed, never ever ever ever ever in a billion years would I wish for us to lose. 

I've spent my whole life supporting this club, I support them in the good times and the bad times, no way am I ever gonna wish them to lose, that goes against the principles of being a football supporter.

Short term losses for long term gains....pretty straightforward. 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

We are like a lifeless hulk drifting in an ocean, captianless, rudderless and no clue of where we are or are going, this will not change until its changed by the only one that can.

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The point I'm making is, we didnt lose, yet people are reacting as if we did lose.

Because it was ******* Shrewsbury, not loosing against Brentford would have been fine, but it was a ******* league 1 side and they were the better side for ***** sake!

Do we literally have to get relegated for you to see what is going on? 

Archived