IGNORED

Lost for words

GTFABM

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Short term losses for long term gains....pretty straightforward. 

I'm a football fan. The fact is we are in the 4th round hat, we still have the chance to get a huge tie in the 4th round and whilst we are still in the competition I'll continue to dream of that rather than wishing we lose.

What I saw during the last few games is the following as a kind of outsider (so not tempted by the love / hate of LJ, maybe a little with the affection for Nagy):

1, Nagy: he makes mistakes like he never done before. Maybe only once per season and that’s it. He seems to lack confidence which he also never did. Maybe that ankle isn’t 100% at all and he has to adjust to that but mostly I think it’s due to my 2. point as his positioning and awareness hasn’t changed.

2, Most of the times I can’t see the point of the attempted attacks from the team. When the midfielders try to quicken up the attacks (mainly Brownhill and Nagy) in 90 % it fails. Today apart from those 2 big misplaced passes I was watching Nagy closely: during the first half there were at least five occasions when get got the ball, passed forward and run immediately to get it back and fastly go on with the attack. And he didn’t receive it back, because everyone was twisting and turning, including Palmer.  So he runs a lot eventually for nothing (most of the games) and at the end I think it tires him mentally therefore the mistakes. At least half ot these runs should end as at the Fulham game but since then attacks seems so slow…

3, The overall technical quality of the forward line bar Eliasson’ crosses is quite poor.

4, Based on what I’ve seen I agree with those who think LJ reached his limits, also seems a little arrogant to me at times. A coach should fill his players with confidence and clear playing strategy based on what his player can do.

At Ferencváros when Sergei Rebrov took over rumour was that the players were all puking after the first few trainings so I was afraid they might play against him. And voilá: after 15 years he got us to the EL group stage and before Christmas our skipper gave and interview and said ’He’s a hard man but we got behind him as he has clear vision, everyone knows his part, his duty on the pitch. We won’t be buddies but we respect the hell out of Rebrov because we know his methods ( be as painful and hard as they are) are bringing trophies and success.’

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Because it was ******* Shrewsbury, not loosing against Brentford would have been fine, but it was a ******* league 1 side and they were the better side for ***** sake!

Do we literally have to get relegated for you to see what is going on? 

AS I SAID I AGREE A MANAGERIAL CHANGE IS NEEDED!

But I will never wish for us to lose.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I'm a football fan. The fact is we are in the 4th round hat, we still have the chance to get a huge tie in the 4th round and whilst we are still in the competition I'll continue to dream of that rather than wishing we lose.

I'm a football fan. Higher chance of LJ now going, we can get a decent manager in and while that possible il continue to dream than want LJ.

Really my dream is to see us play entertaining football

Rovers have a chance of winning the cup, thats not going to happen either; the LJ streak is up and running it could go on for a while yet.

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

He seriously hasn't. He's the biggest problem to this team creating chances.

Total lack of movement into the CORRECT areas.

Deep he's fine, occasionally in the six yard box he's fine. It's the movement just in front the box that's the problem.

He literally gives very few options.

I’m more worried about the other end of the pitch, currently. Fam’s hold up play has been good and brings others into the game.

He’s not the type of player you’re talking about. We’ve known that since he arrived that’s not his game.

He does his thing pretty well and I think it’s harsh to say he’s the biggest problem. It’s clear we’re very short of options in the forward areas. 

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

...so 18 months ago then?

When it was obvious we had a manager who was not capable of turning us into a top 6 team 

Having improved league position year on year I don't think the writing has been on the wall as you may suggest.

Do you both not understand the meaning of the word streak?

streaking cole sprouse GIF by NETFLIX

❓

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's down to an absolute complete lack of correct movement in front of them.

It really is shocking. They literally have no options to pass  into the final third.

Totally agree Spudski and when they do move, there is a absolutely no conviction in the “run” they make.

Even the difference in movement from the Shrewsbury players was quite staggering. They pass, move and totally commit to the run they make - but it is so basic!

This is Championship professional footballers we’re talking about! 

Our performances would honestly not look out of place in walking football!!! 

51 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I could not make game, but sounds like Nagy was awful. 

I felt people were getting very carried away about Nagy after a couple of good games for us before his injury.

People saying when he's back he's our best players or one of our best players.

Been poor for a while now. Even Luton game he wasn't that good from what I remember.

Clown on here the other day saying it's only people who don't understand football who thinks he's not our best player. He then went on to say he's one of the best players in the championship. Mind boggling.

1 minute ago, Packman said:

Clown on here the other day saying it's only people who don't understand football who thinks he's not our best player. He then went on to say he's one of the best players in the championship. Mind boggling.

One of the best players for BCFC easy.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

When you look at the football on display, and performances over the last 2 years....would you say we have progressed?

The telling is the league position. How you get to that position in the end is less relevant.

So yes.

Can't say I'm a fan of our home form and performances, but they haven't been great at least since our stadium was developed. Not like I'm saying that's a factor.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It's down to an absolute complete lack of correct movement in front of them.

It really is shocking. They literally have no options to pass  into the final third.

True.  Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Elisasson's book and pass the ball into an area.  Eventually our strikers might cotton on.  

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

The telling is the league position. How you get to that position in the end is less relevant.

So yes.

Can't say I'm a fan of our home form and performances, but they haven't been great at least since our stadium was developed. Not like I'm saying that's a factor.

People keep dining out on the fact we finished "higher last season then the year before" 

We finished the season with 3 points more then the season before. 3! 

Performances were the same, if not worse. Home form was the same, same powder puff tombola selections etc 

But because we finished the season with 3 more points then the season before ....you believe that is acceptable?

Progression is looking at team developing, and evolving each season. Preston, Brentford, Hull....3 teams with far smaller budgets then us, that clearly look like they are progressing 

Finishing the season last year 3 points better off then the year before is not acceptable progression.

Hopefully they sack him asap. Because I guarantee he doesn't have the decency to do the right thing and walk 

Archived