IGNORED

Now is the time Steve!

REDOXO

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You know it mate!....Did you fly from Guernsey for that again!!?

Yep. He needs to get rid now otherwise he could look weak and  incompetent and lose the faith of many fans (not all I agree) 

There is just time to save the season.

Assume a 4 year ‘progress’ review will be undertaken in January.

Depressing stuff.

I wouldn’t swap one of LJs players for one of Cotts final squad.......even at 40 years old Wilbs shows more desire, energy and commitment than any of our show ponies.

Spent £ millions, had what should have been a massive new stadium bounce, backed to the hilt and we’re just woefully weak mentally and physically. A bunch of individuals with no identity, game plan and even less desire. 

Awful. Need a completely new midfield and attack. Only Elliason worth keeping imo. 

At least it's time for SL to come out and make a statement, even if it is what deep down we all know to expect.

"I still believe in LJ and the project. He's here for the long term regardless. I have put my money in and the decision stays with me"

That way we all know what's going on and can decide whether or not to spend more of our own $. Unfortunately I don't get to make a choice of whether or not to go down the gate on a regular basis but I was hoping to be able to to persuade Mrs City_USA that I needed to make it back for a couple of games at the end of the season for a playoff push.

Think I have been saved a couple of grand and a hall pass

If we lose to Wigan, it should be the end for LJ.  I wanted him to stay as before the Brentford game I felt he could still get us back into good form and press again for the top six, but this seems beyond him now.

The performance today was dreadful. 

I would give LJ this week and a chance to fashion some improvement against Wigan.

3 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

3.5 yrs left on super lee’s contract! / God that second half was bad penned in by a league 1 outfit.

Did we have a shot second half?

My boy said that’s the worst he’s seen ever.

Mind you the cheddar valley was good and as for that chunky steak pie! Wow

Johnson our now please sir steve

I'm sure he didn't give any of his H&L employees a 4 year contract. And I bet some of them use English we can understand. 

Kind of shows SL has limitations. 

And I bet H&L offices have warm water and hand driers too. 

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

If we lose to Wigan, it should be the end for LJ.  I wanted him to stay as before the Brentford game I felt he could still get us back into good form and press again for the top six, but this seems beyond him now.

I would give LJ this week and a chance to fashion some improvement against Wigan.

What if we are then fantastic( unlikely I know) against Wigan but then put in another 3 or 4 performances after. A decision has to be made by mr L. Either come out and back him NOW or get rid

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'd like to see how we get on against Wigan and Barnsley. A draw away and win at home would be a foundation to build on. And if we could secure a morale-boosting signing or two, we could get some momentum going. 

To what end though? This is the third January in a row we are saying this. Do we do it again next January? Not having a go at you just saying it all sounds familiar. We are in and around the playoff and if we can just get those 1-2 key players we can make it. 

12 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

No manager stays forever. It's just gone stale. When fans don't want to go anymore a change is due. For God sake ranieri got the boot from Leicester the season after winning the premier league. Why are we so reluctant to try a change.

It's gone really stale and that's why I want a change. Theres a good coach in there somewhere but I think he has got too comfortable here. I get bored of his voice even when we are doing well, and am worried by the perception of young transfer targets after Szmodics, Adelakun etc. We got some great foundations here for the next man to take on.

It must be worrying for the club the number of season ticket holders that are not attending. The attendance given includes season tickets but the actual attendance for the Brentford game showed that there were approaching 4500 that didn’t show up. Can’t see these people renewing next season on that evidence.

16 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

No manager stays forever. It's just gone stale. When fans don't want to go anymore a change is due. For God sake ranieri got the boot from Leicester the season after winning the premier league. Why are we so reluctant to try a change.

Because Johnson is a “Yes Boss” man. Lansdown and Ashton like that. 
He should go but he won’t until the crowds/season ticket sales drop.That is what hurts Lansdown the most.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Hes run out of flippin chances

8 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Because Johnson is a “Yes Boss” man. Lansdown and Ashton like that. 
He should go but he won’t until the crowds/season ticket sales drop.That is what hurts Lansdown the most.

Im not sure it will mate. BCFC is just a small fraction of his income and fortune.

7 hours ago, City_USA said:

At least it's time for SL to come out and make a statement, even if it is what deep down we all know to expect.

"I still believe in LJ and the project. He's here for the long term regardless. I have put my money in and the decision stays with me"

That way we all know what's going on and can decide whether or not to spend more of our own $. Unfortunately I don't get to make a choice of whether or not to go down the gate on a regular basis but I was hoping to be able to to persuade Mrs City_USA that I needed to make it back for a couple of games at the end of the season for a playoff push.

Think I have been saved a couple of grand and a hall pass

I went back in November and watched the Blackburn game. I did also plan to get back at the end of the season for a play off game. However after attending the gate in November and recent form I think it’s best to not bother and save the flight money for next season when hopefully we have a new manager that can give us a serious premiership challenge.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

To what end though? This is the third January in a row we are saying this. Do we do it again next January? Not having a go at you just saying it all sounds familiar. We are in and around the playoff and if we can just get those 1-2 key players we can make it. 

I think this squad is more than capable of 6th, if coached/managed correctly. 

Captain Johnson certainly doesn't look like he's steering the good ship to that promised land right now.

And if we don't make the play offs, or at least come very close (ie improvement on last season), then it's a season of failure. 

In the failure scenario, he will claim circumstances conspired against us, and it was a transitional "rebuild" season. He'd possibly have a point, but I'd still want a change.

So in theory I'd say his continuous improvement has earned him the right to see out the season. 

But if this wretched run just keeps going, I'll probably lose patience sooner.

7 hours ago, RedRock said:

Assume a 4 year ‘progress’ review will be undertaken in January.

Depressing stuff.

I wouldn’t swap one of LJs players for one of Cotts final squad.......even at 40 years old Wilbs shows more desire, energy and commitment than any of our show ponies.

Spent £ millions, had what should have been a massive new stadium bounce, backed to the hilt and we’re just woefully weak mentally and physically. A bunch of individuals with no identity, game plan and even less desire. 

Awful. Need a completely new midfield and attack. Only Elliason worth keeping imo. 

Disagree, the squad that we have can, and on occasion, DO play some really good stuff however today, we were just passing it around at the back for the sake of it sometimes and once again, there was no obvious organisation or attacking strategy.

This rests firmly at the door of the coaching staff and right now, we simply don't look like a coherent football team yet we have 3 good quality Chelsea products and various other internationals with decent pedigree, all of whom DO know how to play football so, what does that tell you

If we want the best out of our squad, we need a coach/manager who the players will respect for their achievements and follow accordingly. Just like his father, LJ has run out of ways of getting the best out of our squad, it is evident from the lack of desire that they are clearly not in harmony with him and are just going through the motions

Given the amount of money we have spent on our squad, spending the money to get a good quality coach with a proven track record should not be beyond us

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think this squad is more than capable of 6th, if coached/managed correctly. 

Captain Johnson certainly doesn't look like he's steering the good ship to that promised land right now.

And if we don't make the play offs, or at least come very close (ie improvement on last season), then it's a season of failure. 

In the failure scenario, he will claim circumstances conspired against us, and it was a transitional "rebuild" season. He'd possibly have a point, but I'd still want a change.

So in theory I'd say his continuous improvement has earned him the right to see out the season. 

But if this wretched run just keeps going, I'll probably lose patience sooner.

I don’t like that but it is fair. Just afraid we finish near 70 points and 6th again he will get one more season. 

He is going nowhere, UNLESS, we get into a relegation fight. That could happen but I doubt it -  it’s going to be rinse and repeat  Again!

Anyone who understands football knows that LJ will not get us promoted, but the owner is utterly committed to him. This is one SC holder that is not sure that he wants to continue with this farce.

39 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t like that but it is fair. Just afraid we finish near 70 points and 6th again he will get one more season. 

If we made 6th and the playoffs then LJ could rightly say he had achieved SL’s requirements. Humble Pie all round and the crowds would come for a playoff semi-final, especially as we would have to be playing a hell of a lot better than we are now in the process.

However the evidence of the last month suggests that LJ has more chance of taking us towards a relegation battle than the playoffs.

Archived