IGNORED

Now is the time Steve!

REDOXO

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

He is going nowhere, UNLESS, we get into a relegation fight. That could happen but I doubt it -  it’s going to be rinse and repeat  Again!

Anyone who understands football knows that LJ will not get us promoted, but the owner is utterly committed to him. This is one SC holder that is not sure that he wants to continue with this farce.

Agreed, it will need an Arsenal style boycott perhaps to get the message through, a more than half empty stadium (like today) will focus the owners attention.

Frankly, the turgid stuff that we are churning out at the moment will be the catalyst for this and it will be LJ's own fault as he has been incubating this really DULL AND BORING style of football for several seasons now. The atmosphere was dead again and with the AG crowd never having been Stoke like in nature, we literally have very little to encourage any excitement.

The owner has to realise that he is encouraging the death of the support for this club, not from the long termers but the current and next generation. Having seen what real football looks like on TV, they are simply not interested in going to watch dross

Food for thought Mr Lansdown...

27 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

He is going nowhere, UNLESS, we get into a relegation fight. That could happen but I doubt it -  it’s going to be rinse and repeat  Again!

Anyone who understands football knows that LJ will not get us promoted, but the owner is utterly committed to him. This is one SC holder that is not sure that he wants to continue with this farce.

Seconded. Agree with every word Scottish Red. I’m done with paying my hard earned in to support lansdowns indulgence in Johnson’s career.

It's land,offices,houses,conferences,concerts and hotels on once was OUR home that SL is interested in. This was set in motion years ago.

For the ££

Football is a hobby and a place to have meetings about his empire before a game.

I genuinely laugh at people who think SL is 'bankrolling' the club.

It's pocket change, debt into shares to claim complete ownership of club,stadium and land.

£300 mil over 20 yrs - that's 700 houses at AV.

He will sell up and leave with an enormous profit on BS (not BCFC) - he's a Billionaire for a reason. 

Buy low,invest,accumulate ,sell high.

Bad guy - no

Great Businessman - hell yes.

Invested 100% in running BCFC as it should be - not even close.

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

It's land,offices,houses,conferences,concerts and hotels on once was OUR home that SL is interested in. This was set in motion years ago.

For the ££

Football is a hobby and a place to have meetings about his empire before a game.

It's pocket change, debt into shares to claim complete ownership of club,stadium and land.

He will sell up and leave with an enormous profit on BS (not BCFC) - he's a Billionaire for a reason. 

Bad guy - no

Lansdown has done a lot for this club. New stadium, training ground, millions for transfers. He won't make any money out of selling the club. And let's say he did...we'd end up with another Vincent tan, who doesn't care about the identity of the club and will change the kit to blue

6 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Disagree, the squad that we have can, and on occasion, DO play some really good stuff however today, we were just passing it around at the back for the sake of it sometimes and once again, there was no obvious organisation or attacking strategy.

This rests firmly at the door of the coaching staff and right now, we simply don't look like a coherent football team yet we have 3 good quality Chelsea products and various other internationals with decent pedigree, all of whom DO know how to play football so, what does that tell you

If we want the best out of our squad, we need a coach/manager who the players will respect for their achievements and follow accordingly. Just like his father, LJ has run out of ways of getting the best out of our squad, it is evident from the lack of desire that they are clearly not in harmony with him and are just going through the motions

Given the amount of money we have spent on our squad, spending the money to get a good quality coach with a proven track record should not be beyond us

Sorry to say but THIS several times over. The lack of attacking gameplan or strategy in the second half when an average League One side had got tight to Eliasson and made adjustments to close the space for Palmer, was utterly terrifying. I know our inability to break teams down at home has become a bit of a recurring joke, but against Shrewsbury I couldn't even have told you what our plan to attack was, we only looked good when those two flair players showed a bit of individual initiative themselves, once they'd been neutralised there didn't appear to be any serious strategy from the manager unless you count defenders launching overhit 50 yard punts at Diedhiou's head. So we rarely kept possession and spent most of the second half simply watching Shrewsbury (SHREWSBURY) with the ball playing round us looking for a winner.

We aren't getting the best out of our squad is the understatement of the year and it's only January 5th.

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

For the ££

Bad guy - no

Great post and some strong comments. If you are 100% correct then you hit the nail on the head. However where does this leave the club ??

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

For the ££

Bad guy - no

Absolutely spot on. Join one of the few who have been saying this for years. Be lambasted for daring to think it let alone say it.

Buck stops at the top. Lansdown has done a lot for Bristol Sport - not BCFC - but anything he’s done is driven by whatever personal motive he has for doing it.

LJ was his choice. It’s Lansdown’s ball and at the moment I don’t see him taking it, or LJ away.

The football and lack of real desire is up there with the worst I’ve ever seen.

10 hours ago, Tammyjr said:

Got slated for my topic of have we blown it allready months ago ( seems i was right )

:laugh: we were up to 3rd only recently. I'm as disappointed as everyone here with the run of losses, especially after the good results at Cardiff and Fulham. Still wouldn't change the manager tho. We still have a solid team but we just dont have enough goals in the side with Fam and Andi up top, for a promotion push. Losing Afobe was a massive blow and we were going to struggle to remain in the top six with our current setup and injuries before. imo Johnson deserves this window to strengthen those striking options, and then it's down to him to find the right midfield balance with Nagy, Korey etc Available now. Also Brownhill has been v.below par since the Cardiff game which hasn't helped our form in the last 5/6. League is still v.close and Johnson should get till end of the season imo

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

To what end though? This is the third January in a row we are saying this. Do we do it again next January? Not having a go at you just saying it all sounds familiar. We are in and around the playoff and if we can just get those 1-2 key players we can make it. 

This is the bottom line, inaction now will result in the same again next season........sadly  SL will not act even if when we start flirting with the relegation spots. So same again, same again as it has been for a while now.

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Absolutely spot on. Join one of the few who have been saying this for years. Be lambasted for daring to think it let alone say it.

Buck stops at the top. Lansdown has done a lot for Bristol Sport - not BCFC - but anything he’s done is driven by whatever personal motive he has for doing it.

LJ was his choice. It’s Lansdown’s ball and at the moment I don’t see him taking it, or LJ away.

The football and lack of real desire is up there with the worst I’ve ever seen.

Are we not now part of something else? and something that anyone else could find difficult to buy/take over without buying BS as a whole?

LJ has a nearly new contract and SL will not be kicking his man out anytime soon, sad to say. We are jogging along up and down just about where he wants us to be, buying and selling and selling Season tickets in numbers why should he change anything. If he does it will cost him many millions.

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t like that but it is fair. Just afraid we finish near 70 points and 6th again he will get one more season. 

Worst case scenario for you Joe is that we put in enough above average form to sneak 7th, meaning that we get the frustration of missing out on play offs, but Johnson will have just about achieved 'improvement' for another season.

54 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Are we not now part of something else? and something that anyone else could find difficult to buy/take over without buying BS as a whole?

LJ has a nearly new contract and SL will not be kicking his man out anytime soon, sad to say. We are jogging along up and down just about where he wants us to be, buying and selling and selling Season tickets in numbers why should he change anything. If he does it will cost him many millions.

I am not so sure that LJ can maintain the level of work rate he has himself set . 

For all his faults he is absolutely not lazy and has gone over and above what’s asked to try and bring success to this club. I doubt that we will find a replacement as highly motivated as he is to move this club forward. 

I believe LJ is suffering burn out and he should step back for everyone’s sake.

I like the guy and desperately want him to do well but we are into ‘ Groundhog Day ‘ territory and I believe we need a new shot of energy and ideas at the club to move us on.

For all those who resort to personal abuse of the man need a long hard look at themselves. 

38 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Surely SL isn't stupid enough to omit decent performance clauses. Maybe he has the option to get rid if, say, we are below 12th during January etc. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Surely SL isn't stupid enough to omit decent performance clauses. Maybe he has the option to get rid if, say, we are below 12th during January etc. 

Maybe, but cant see LJ going for a while yet, what-ever happens. He will be given more time "to build" and maybe only a large fall in ST sales will turn SL`s head, but cant see that either.

Still theres always hope, thats a killer and painfull with this club though as history shows.

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Maybe, but cant see LJ going for a while yet, what-ever happens. He will be given more time "to build" and maybe only a large fall in ST sales will turn SL`s head, but cant see that either.

Still theres always hope, thats a killer and painfull with this club though as history shows.

The point I'm making is sensible clauses will limit the cost. 

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Sorry to say but THIS several times over. The lack of attacking gameplan or strategy in the second half when an average League One side had got tight to Eliasson and made adjustments to close the space for Palmer, was utterly terrifying. I know our inability to break teams down at home has become a bit of a recurring joke, but against Shrewsbury I couldn't even have told you what our plan to attack was, we only looked good when those two flair players showed a bit of individual initiative themselves, once they'd been neutralised there didn't appear to be any serious strategy from the manager unless you count defenders launching overhit 50 yard punts at Diedhiou's head. So we rarely kept possession and spent most of the second half simply watching Shrewsbury (SHREWSBURY) with the ball playing round us looking for a winner.

We aren't getting the best out of our squad is the understatement of the year and it's only January 5th.

Beautiful to read.

Watching Eliasson not knowing where to run with Golbourne tight to him was mildly shocking!  That was either to receive a pass but more alarmingly not knowing how to create space for Pereira either.

I’m not blaming Eliasson either, just something for the professionals to work on!

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

just something for the professionals to work on!

I'm not going to hold my breath! Did you notice that like Brentford on Wednesday, Shrewsbury from time to time were also quite adept at getting a player in space in the channel and aiming a 30-40 yard pass straight to them.

For a team that seems obsessed with early/direct attacks, we on the other hand aren't half chuffing useless at long passes. Have been since Pack left. It baffles me that we persist - I know half of it is down to the runs that Fam/Weimann need to make, but even then, it just strikes me our opponents are always much better at getting the ball successfully upfield than we are. We don't switch play upfield well unless its JD or Pato on the run (or even KP I think could offer us that). I wish we'd revert to the patient, possession based passing of last season, grind out a few 1-0's, but at least stop giving the ball away so cheaply by punting it 50 yards. I was screaming at them second half yesterday, we may as well have just been setup to give the ball back to Shrewsbury at every opportunity.

48 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm not going to hold my breath! Did you notice that like Brentford on Wednesday, Shrewsbury from time to time were also quite adept at getting a player in space in the channel and aiming a 30-40 yard pass straight to them.

For a team that seems obsessed with early/direct attacks, we on the other hand aren't half chuffing useless at long passes. Have been since Pack left. It baffles me that we persist - I know half of it is down to the runs that Fam/Weimann need to make, but even then, it just strikes me our opponents are always much better at getting the ball successfully upfield than we are. We don't switch play upfield well unless its JD or Pato on the run (or even KP I think could offer us that). I wish we'd revert to the patient, possession based passing of last season, grind out a few 1-0's, but at least stop giving the ball away so cheaply by punting it 50 yards. I was screaming at them second half yesterday, we may as well have just been setup to give the ball back to Shrewsbury at every opportunity.

We were! Did it successfully too!!

Archived