IGNORED

Palmer...

formerly known as ivan

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Maybe a bit predictable but after today, would you like a lift to Swansea, free of charge!

Tit... Palmer was probably our best outfield player today (low bar I admit), not his fault all those in front of him showing no movement. Add in to that balls into Fammy were just bouncing 6 feet off him all the time and I, for one, felt sorry Palmer who was trying to make something happen.

1 minute ago, eastonboy said:

Are you serious??

Apart from elliason, was the only creative outlet and looked constantly to play the ball forwards instead of 5 yards sideways or backwards.

Just now, old_eastender said:

Tit... Palmer was probably our best outfield player today (low bar I admit), not his fault all those in front of him showing no movement. Add in to that balls into Fammy were just bouncing 6 feet off him all the time and I, for one, felt sorry Palmer who was trying to make something happen.

You are literally blinded!

Thought he was ok today.

Couple of good turns and balls forward.

Couple of times where he lost it in bad positions.

Couple of times where he didn't make runs forward and just stood there seeking the ball.

And lots of turning with the ball, and seeing absolutely nothing happening in front of him

6/10

2 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

I’m with you but it looks like many others think he’s KDB or something 

Not at all but he was one of our best today (not saying much i admit). If you took 2 seconds to look at what options he actually had ahead of him you might understand why sometimes he held the ball or gave it simple

Must be a wind up thought he was our second best player today. Probably give him 7/10 with Eliasson same but shades it with the assist. Only one to get on the ball turn and go forward centrally today. Tried to link with Fam but Fam was off today. Keeper made 1(2?) great save to deny his volley(did KP win the header from the corner that was saved?). Was nice to see him play and had a good performance considering he hasn’t even been involved for about 3 weeks minimum. Keep KP get rid of LJ bring in a striker with movement and that starting XI is maybe our best

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Palmer on his day can open up any defence, however unless you have players on a similar wavelength and with some kind of movement then it will never happen. Hence the reason he worked well with Benik.

Absolutely Tone.  That is the main reason KP is not playing well.  He also looked better in the second half playing more centrally.

His work rate was not so great, but that seems to apply to the whole team at the moment though.  And I know LJ expects him to track back more, but that is not really his game.

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Yep, everyone else’s fault I guess. What’s the point in making the run when you know the pass isn’t coming??

Weimann came on and made a run in behind and KP instantly found him. The rest of the time those in front of him stood in a straight line and did not move. Their three massive centre backs must have loved it. 

18 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Been saying this all season, except when Benik was playing... still believe the reason he isn’t playing is because the coaching staff know our current forward line will offer him nothing ... 

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Absolutely Tone.  That is the main reason KP is not playing well.  He also looked better in the second half playing more centrally.

His work rate was not so great, but that seems to apply to the whole team at the moment though.  And I know LJ expects him to track back more, but that is not really his game.

Exactly. We need to play to his strengths and we will benefit big time. Does he come across as lazy ..... sometimes yes if I'm honest. Can he change a game in a minute ..... absolutely.

6 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Weimann came on and made a run in behind and KP instantly found him. The rest of the time those in front of him stood in a straight line and did not move. Their three massive centre backs must have loved it. 

Great point it is the pass no one else in the side can make. 

He gets caught on the ball and knocked off it too easily at times, but he’s a massive talent if in the right team and system. It’s been done to death but with a striker making intelligent runs like Benik his vision and passing ability are a massive asset. Fam’s been a great servant to this club but he’s so static when we’re in possession. Get in a striker who plays off the shoulder and watch KP feed them consistently 

1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Spent most of his time central behind fam   He was only on the left for first 20 mins 

And he / we looked much better (not hard tbf) for it. Him and Eliasson the only two showing any sort of creativity. Palmer probably shit scared of trying to do too much wrong through getting called out publicly again. 

Archived