IGNORED

Palmer...

formerly known as ivan

Did well and has to be given a run of games.  Yes he lost it a few times but equally could have scored 2 but seems only one comfortable receiving ball when marked and strong enough to deal with pressure and play with his head up.  He won’t get a run of games which he needs as only way he can get match sharp is by playing.  A talent but with an untalented manager

42 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Spent most of his time central behind fam   He was only on the left for first 20 mins 

Which was 20 minutes too long and an absolutely ridiculous thing to do.

1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Not really , Drift in to try and pick up the ball in dangerous areas in possession,  drop back out to the left out of possession to stop full back advancing 

Yep and also force JD to turn around and go backwards time and time again. It failed miserably which was why he changed it.

Put Palmer in a good team with good movement and he would be unreal, you can't coach the vision he has got.

I actually felt a bit sorry for him today, on numerous occasions he looked up and there was no movement or many options for him to pass to and you could feel the frustration.

Regardless of his static team mates i still thought he did well today and tried to make things happen.

Keep him in the team and get some young/hungry players in there and he and Bristol City will flourish.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Why is he being put in the same lineup as a lone Diedhiou. How is that possibly going to work?

Hopefully the coaching staff and the analysts saw that today.  As good a header as he scored today, his back to goal hold-up play was probably at its worst today. @spudski - view on Fam?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully the coaching staff and the analysts saw that today.  As good a header as he scored today, his back to goal hold-up play was probably at its worst today. @spudski - view on Fam?

Yep and his touch in general was awful, especially when under even the slightest bit of pressure. The midfielders play a ball into his feet and he’s so off balance due to poor body position when trying to shield it that it just bounces off him and we lose possession.

Infuriating because it’s very hard not to like the guy! Especially when he loses it like he did in the second half and runs 60 yards to win the ball back!!

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

God I miss 352 with Afobe and Weimann up top. I know that it made no space for Eliasson but I didn't mind too much.

14 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Why is he being put in the same lineup as a lone Diedhiou. How is that possibly going to work?

Exactly. So WHY bring on Weimann, who could have benefitted from Palmer's passing and the put him on THE LEFT WING?????

Please don't tell me  we needed to match them up in midfield - I cannot recall Weimann getting a single pass while out wide, the only touches he had were when he popped up centrally, and could have scored at least one.

I felt that Palmer, and most of the team, were getting their confidence back in the last bit of the first half, things were coming off and we were looking dangerous. Then the equaliser went in, and the confidence ebbed away. It was the same at Charlton - we looked like a decent time after going 2-1 up, but it only lasted about 10 minutes.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@formerly known as ivan think it’s fair to say, your opinion (valid as it is) is in the minority re Palmer.

For me, further evidence of why I’d go Weimann on his own with Palmer behind him, was one beautiful pass to put him in one on one.

If you drive him to Swansea, I’ll be waiting to drive him back ?

Fair do

Archived