Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Go or Stay until the Prem

1 minute ago, One Team said:

I am in the worrying position of not really caring one way or the other. Which in itself says a lot really about the state of things these days if I have had the passion for football sucked out of me! 

@lenred makes a good point though, if he does go the whole backroom staff needs to change too, last thing we need is a continuation of the current regime if indeed a regime change occurs. 

Yep it would be typical for him to go and then Mac is given the job. That’s a big worry for me amongst all of this. 

• Like 2

I think it’s a go.

I just don’t see that he’s turning this around, and I don’t see the benefit of waiting until the summer.

Lots of goodwill to him, but it’s stale, it’s lost direction and it’s now out of chances. Regretfully, as I think he really wants the best for the club, go.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Who actually truly believes that we will make the prem sometime in the future with our current manager?

If you think we will then post stay, if you think no chance then post go, as there is no point him being here if he has taken us as far as he can.

So its a GO from me then and as soon as you like.

If only there was a polling option? And if only someone had recently done a poll on whether he should go now or stay...

Go

there were were a lot of new faces in the dugout area today, one spent  a lot of the match talking to Murray and Cisse and there were 4 gert big boys sitting with the u18s, in track suits but not ours. 

if they got anywhere near the dressing room LJ would be hiding!

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s a go.

I just don’t see that he’s turning this around, and I don’t see the benefit of waiting until the summer.

Lots of goodwill to him, but it’s stale, it’s lost direction and it’s now out of chances. Regretfully, as I think he really wants the best for the club, go.

I think your right , I think he needs a new challenge. It’s interesting because he was tipped as the next big thing in management and I think there’s an element he’s gone stale here. He isn’t linked with any jobs either in championship or premier league. 

I do believe with a new manager , we can make the play offs. I’m not convinced we will under lee 

3 minutes ago, greengrass said:

Stay!! Is it really the managers fault players seem unanle to pass 10 yards to a team-mate.  Nagy & Periera in latter stages today & in most matches Palmer & O'Dowda. That's surely more the issue.

He brought all of the above players!!!

5 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

It was always a dumb ass appointment never should've been in. 

Go go go go go go go go

Consistently improved league position (the only team to do so) While selling our best players, not really that dumb

I understand why people want a change but it’s disrespectful to discredit what he’s done settling the ship and pushing us into a side that expects playoffs as a minimum

Just now, greengrass said:

Stay!! Is it really the managers fault players seem unanle to pass 10 yards to a team-mate.  Nagy & Periera in latter stages today & in most matches Palmer & O'Dowda. That's surely more the issue.

Well yes it is his fault really, he trains with them, chooses who plays/tactics/formation and brings them here in the first place after no doubt watching them many times. The team doesn`t pick themselves, his team his fault :dunno:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

guess thats a stay from you then?

It’s more a - who do we replace him with that’s better and realistically would join us?

if there’s a definitive plan to bring in someone to step up then great. If we just get rid with no one lined up or promote from within then no, don’t see the point.

I don’t have that much faith in SL when it comes to managerial appointments unfortunately.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

It’s more a - who do we replace him with that’s better and realistically would join us?

if there’s a definitive plan to bring in someone to step up then great. If we just get rid with no one lined up or promote from within then no, don’t see the point.

I don’t have that much faith in SL when it comes to managerial appointments unfortunately.

Well I agree with that, maybe he will let someone else choose or use LJ`s tombola :dunno:

It’s time to go.

After nearly five years there is still no consistency to either our results or performances, no explanation why we are capable of going on winning runs and losing runs, no definitive playing style or any sense the manager knows his best team and how he wants them to play.

Year-on-year progression up the league has been enough to satisfy me until now, but I can’t continue to defend these inexcusable slumps and poor performances. How can we get excited by the next run of good run of form when every time it seems to be followed by a poor one that ultimately costs us?

Respect to LJ for what he has achieved, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that this club needs a fresh start. It doesn’t mean LJ has failed, it just means it’s the right time for someone else.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s time to go.

After nearly five years there is still no consistency to either our results or performances, no explanation why we are capable of going on winning runs and losing runs, no definitive playing style or any sense the manager knows his best team and how he wants them to play.

Year-on-year progression up the league has been enough to satisfy me until now, but I can’t continue to defend these inexcusable slumps and poor performances. How can we get excited by the next run of good run of form when every time it seems to be followed by a poor one that ultimately costs us?

Respect to LJ for what he has achieved, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that this club needs a fresh start. It doesn’t mean LJ has failed, it just means it’s the right time for someone else.

Spot on, love this post

• Thanks 1