Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

glos old boy

Go or Stay until the Prem

Go

cant understand the people Calling others fickle, Not just hit a bad patch but have been playing poor all season and last. Even when we’ve been winning we’ve won playing dire football.

1 minute ago, _Shawn_x said:

Go

cant understand the people Calling others fickle, Not just hit a bad patch but have been playing poor all season and last. Even when we’ve been winning we’ve won playing dire football.

👏👏👏👏👏👏

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

It’s more a - who do we replace him with that’s better and realistically would join us?

if there’s a definitive plan to bring in someone to step up then great. If we just get rid with no one lined up or promote from within then no, don’t see the point.

I don’t have that much faith in SL when it comes to managerial appointments unfortunately.

Well I agree with that, maybe he will let someone else choose or use LJ`s tombola :dunno:

• Aubergine 1

23 minutes ago, bris red said:

Go go go

Get a job in league 1 or 2 Lee, that is your level for now.

He could even ruin Shrewsbury's impetus!

It’s time to go.

After nearly five years there is still no consistency to either our results or performances, no explanation why we are capable of going on winning runs and losing runs, no definitive playing style or any sense the manager knows his best team and how he wants them to play.

Year-on-year progression up the league has been enough to satisfy me until now, but I can’t continue to defend these inexcusable slumps and poor performances. How can we get excited by the next run of good run of form when every time it seems to be followed by a poor one that ultimately costs us?

Respect to LJ for what he has achieved, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that this club needs a fresh start. It doesn’t mean LJ has failed, it just means it’s the right time for someone else.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s time to go.

After nearly five years there is still no consistency to either our results or performances, no explanation why we are capable of going on winning runs and losing runs, no definitive playing style or any sense the manager knows his best team and how he wants them to play.

Year-on-year progression up the league has been enough to satisfy me until now, but I can’t continue to defend these inexcusable slumps and poor performances. How can we get excited by the next run of good run of form when every time it seems to be followed by a poor one that ultimately costs us?

Respect to LJ for what he has achieved, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that this club needs a fresh start. It doesn’t mean LJ has failed, it just means it’s the right time for someone else.

Spot on, love this post

• Thanks 1

He had us playing the best football I've ever seen us play, but didn't have the squad to rotate.
Now we play slow turgid football with enough players to put out 2 or 3 teams , no direction , no style of play and little or no continuity.

What I will say in his defence. He/we were massively unlucky with injuries, specially the Afobe one which has impacted on the team much more than anyone could have thought or expected. If we can stumble across another striker to fit as well as Benik did, then maybe we can kick on.
In my heart I don't think we will. When was the last time we played well, played attractive football, outplayed anyone? Even in games we win we give up chances, should have lost today really. 
I don't know what would be best, as I'm not sure who would be the best fit to take over. Plus only one persons opinion really matters, and as I've said before, even Lasndown must be getting twitchy.

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Stay for now. Preston in similar form and are getting smashed today, bet their fans aren’t acting like this and want Alex Neil gone...

Probably cos they have half the fans. If we had 10.000 fans I'd be delighted with top half champ.

7 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Stay for now. Preston in similar form and are getting smashed today, bet their fans aren’t acting like this and want Alex Neil gone...

I am not suggesting that they are happy but they know he doesn’t have millions to spend but has wisely invested and tried to keep his best players (Gallagher, Pearson, Johnson, Barkhuisen). Plus their home form has been one if the best since he was appointed unlike LJ who seems to have not a scooby of how to play to win at Ashton Gate.

The other major difference is that Alex Neil has achieved a promotion to the Premier League, unlike LJ, who has never achieved anything of note as a manager in any league.

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greengrass said:

Stay!! Is it really the managers fault players seem unanle to pass 10 yards to a team-mate.  Nagy & Periera in latter stages today & in most matches Palmer & O'Dowda. That's surely more the issue.

What do Lee and his coaches do all week then, squire - what is their role and what are they responsible for?

Go.

Its the same every season. Its not just a bad patch. Its too consistent every season, and during these runs it is almost like we cannot beat anyone. Home or away. It isn't good enough.

Something has to be wrong. Its his squad more then one time over, different players, always the same outcome.

12 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

What’s any other team got to do with it FFS

The majority of people are saying go not just because of a bad patch but because we continue to go on losing streaks which Johnson can’t explain, our performances are as bad as under SOD, we barely have 1/2 shots on target per game, there is no identity regardless of what Johnson’s states, our home form is as bad as I’ve known it, good players can’t string a pass together....who bought them, who coaches them, he’s turned over 60+ players yet still doesn’t know his best team or formation.......have Preston fans had to put up with that?? No

50 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s time to go.

Wonderful post and how I'm beginning to feel also.

I keep changing my mind on it cos I’m trying to look at the bigger picture, regardless of how diabolical it has been in recent weeks.

I’ve found clarity in that I think he should be allowed to the end of Jan / start of Feb to fix the mess he has caused in recent weeks/months, especially if he manages to add a few quality players to the ranks during this transfer window.

Certainly, if we’re cut adrift from the play off places by a considerable margin any time soon then I think he should go. However, we’ve seen time and time again that the grass isn’t always greener....

Edited by RedEyez

I think Lee should protect the only statistic that his supporters keep trotting out, the one where Bristol City have improved their final league position for the last 4 years,  by quitting NOW and giving another coach a chance to salvage this SQUAD, who have a chance to stay together and making something with their season 

16 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Sadly he has to 'go........   

Then the big worry is SL "doin it in the cheap" - again....

Absolutely Go.

The issue is more to do with finding someone who is happy to work within the parameters of the Head Coach role that City have created. It limits who we can recruit if we’re not looking to alter that in any serious way. By and large, I did think most of us were happy with that template and honestly I think there is even less likelihood of Lansdown ripping that up than he is letting LJ go. 

For what it’s worth, I have a sneaking suspicion that McAllister in charge might actually see us sort ourselves out. I reckon it won’t be continuity aimlessness which would be the fear. Though equally understand people’s fear of that. 

Edited by awbb
Clarity

19 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

What’s any other team got to do with it FFS

The majority of people are saying go not just because of a bad patch but because we continue to go on losing streaks which Johnson can’t explain, our performances are as bad as under SOD, we barely have 1/2 shots on target per game, there is no identity regardless of what Johnson’s states, our home form is as bad as I’ve known it, good players can’t string a pass together....who bought them, who coaches them, he’s turned over 60+ players yet still doesn’t know his best team or formation.......have Preston fans had to put up with that?? No

Maybe? Do you go to deepdale often?

4 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Maybe? Do you go to deepdale often?

No....but nor do you I'm sure, yet you seem to think you know how Preston fans are feeling

Edited by RedRaw

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s time to go.

He deserves until the end of the season if he improves on last year we will be in the playoffs and he wiuld have delivered....dont and its time to say hello to Mr Warnock .....

Maybe 

Or jamie mac prob as hes cheap and seems passionate so thatll satisfy the boards weak criteria.  

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

He deserves until the end of the season if he improves on last year we will be in the playoffs and he wiuld have delivered....dont and its time to say hello to Mr Warnock .....

Maybe 

Or jamie mac prob as hes cheap and seems passionate so thatll satisfy the boards weak criteria.  

Good god no. The only time I would consider Warnock is NOW.....till the end of the season.

Get him in the changing room, sort the players out, sort the coaching out, get a consistent formation, get us playing for the shirt. See where that takes us for the next 4 months whilst the board go out and find a suitable replacement to take over during the close season

2 hours ago, WiltshireReds said:

Have you been to the Home games over the past 3 seasons? 

Tbh home games were rather good in 2017/18...Last season and this to date a better sample size IMO.

It's fallen off a bit of a cliff this season though, even if PPG similar or slightly better- performance level is worse than last season which in turn was worse than 17/18 I believe.

As to the OP, I'm leaning towards GO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Lets hope Monday there will be a meeting at the gate and the announcement will be “We have decided to relieve Lee Johnson of his post........................

GO!

Go for me. I just can’t see us ever getting promoted under him, he doesn’t seem to know his best team, we have no style of play or no clear tactics.

He does occasionally get it right and we look a great team but this is too few and far between.

This reminds me very much of what it was like under GJ, we were just continually treading water in Championship, next appointment be key or we could even regress!

Hmm, if only there was an option to include in a post to capture user's input from a predetermined set of answers instead of creating a thread with 20+ pointless replies. Wouldn't that be something?

Edited by Kykoliko
Edit
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I was there last week, when they were beaten by Reading. The booing at the end was very similar to Brentford. Neil even came out in the press complaining about it and the fans getting on players backs. Not calling for his head, but pretty unhappy.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/preston-boss-slams-fans-after-17489058

Edited by asfred
  • Like 1

Regrettably I don't see SL acting until the summer. Another lost season and opportunity I am starting to think. Ho hum !

Edited by BigTone

4 minutes ago, asfred said:

I was there last week, when they were beaten by Reading. The booing at the end was very similar to Brentford. Neil even came out in the press complaining about it and the fans getting on players backs. Not calling for his head, but pretty unhappy.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/preston-boss-slams-fans-after-17489058

Booing a poor performance is understandable. The nonsense on here is a different story

• Aubergine 1

5 minutes ago, asfred said:

Ssssshhhh @asfred it’s only us City fans that are nasty. I’m sure those lovely PNE fans didn’t really mean it! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Booing a poor performance is understandable. The nonsense on here is a different story

Oh right. So someone shows you with evidence that you are completely wrong and that other fans do react badly to poor performances - including the actual team you referenced, but their booing is ‘understandable’  Right o! 

• Robin 1