IGNORED

Johnson Out Brigade - Do They Actually Exist?

bbew

Now clearly they do, as they seem to dominate this forum, and facebook is even worse - but in real life? I have never  actually met one person who wants Johnson out.

Is is just a vocal minority of a few hundred who seem to distort the actual thoughts of the fanbase?

All the people I speak to and not a single one wants Johnson out - 

Family and extended family - no one.

People in work and through  work - no one.

The kids mates - no one.

The parents at kids football matches - no one.

Now before you all start saying I am a happy clapper, no that is far from the truth -

Were we rubbish today? yes (thought Palmer did quite well despite criticism he's now getting).

Does it annoy me that we attack so slowly that we give the other team  time to get back? yes

Does Johnson gets tactics wrong quite often? yes

Does it drive me mad when we have a throw in in an attacking  position and end up going back to our keeper? yes

Does the atmosphere at matches these days just seem pathetic? yes

Does it just baffle me that when we are losing or drawing at half time and the players come put for the second half, that instead of a roar of encouragement it is as if the game restarts and no one has even realised? yes

Is this division there for the taking this season and we should be doing better? yes

Would I sell my house just because the kitchen tap is broke? no

Bigger picture - Are we actually continuously finishing higher than at any point in my whole 30 years of watching city? yes, yes we are!!

All this nonsense of the amount Johnson has spent compared to past managers is ridiculous,  when people are just ignoring the transfers out part as well, and not taking into account inflation or general rises in the cost of players these days.

I feel that maybe all you Johnson out moaners are similar to those who wanted Curbishley out at Charlton because 7th in the premier was not good enough - Just be careful  what you wish for!

COYR

14 minutes ago, bbew said:

Now clearly they do, as they seem to dominate this forum, and facebook is even worse - but in real life? I have never  actually met one person who wants Johnson out.

Is is just a vocal minority of a few hundred who seem to distort the actual thoughts of the fanbase?

The kids mates - no one.

Now before you all start saying I am a happy clapper, no that is far from the truth -

Were we rubbish today? yes (thought Palmer did quite well despite criticism he's now getting).

Does it annoy me that we attack so slowly that we give the other team  time to get back? yes

Does it drive me mad when we have a throw in in an attacking  position and end up going back to our keeper? yes

Does it just baffle me that when we are losing or drawing at half time and the players come put for the second half, that instead of a roar of encouragement it is as if the game restarts and no one has even realised? yes

Is this division there for the taking this season and we should be doing better? yes

Bigger picture - Are we actually continuously finishing higher than at any point in my whole 30 years of watching city? yes, yes we are!!

All this nonsense of the amount Johnson has spent compared to past managers is ridiculous,  when people are just ignoring the transfers out part as well, and not taking into account inflation or general rises in the cost of players these days.

I feel that maybe all you Johnson out moaners are similar to those who wanted Curbishley out at Charlton because 7th in the premier was not good enough - Just be careful  what you wish for!

COYR

It's not nonsense about the amount Johnson has spent.  It's factual.

15 minutes ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

Good effort.

16 minutes ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

Well I`m not reading all that, but a change is needed, as pride passion and belief has gone missing

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

You made your case quite well until you used the word moaners. Whichever side of the argument people are on, the minute they resort to name calling they have undermined their case.

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

Does Johnson brigade exist ? God yeh , most people that sit near me would have a whip round if they thought it would help !!

Have to look at the bigger pic with Lee, he's still a wee lad.

We've made improvements, much of it off the pitch, perhaps that has masked a deterioration of performances on the field slightly. Have to get back to the original plan, but consider the progress we've made when it comes to new personnel, they need to be onboard and committed or it's not going to work.

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

Have to look at the bigger pic with Lee, he's still a wee lad.

We've made improvements, much of it off the pitch, perhaps that has masked a deterioration of performances on the field slightly. Have to get back to the original plan, but consider the progress we've made when it comes to new personnel, they need to be onboard and committed or it's not going to work.

10 years later....job for life ******* scandal.

Funny because of all the people I know who go to City they all want him out.

Big difference between some who think the bloke is a complete fraud, and have largely always believed that, and others who just think it’s just gone a bit stale and it’s time for a change, but all of them, without fail, think it would be better if he was moved on.

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I wouldn’t say ‘LJ out now’ so much but most people I know are keen to see him replaced if we can find a suitable/ambitious replacement. 

The problem there is that any replacement will have to accept the strategy and the management structure with the limitations on their authority that goes with that.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

and this is why we'll continue to stagnate when we should have pushed on by now 

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

Big difference between some who think the bloke is a complete fraud, and have largely always believed that, and others who just think it’s just gone a bit stale and it’s time for a change, but all of them, without fail, think it would be better if he was moved on.

Ditto

• Admin
1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

Ditto, of all the people I speak to not one wants him to s5ay

Just now, chinapig said:

The problem there is that any replacement will have to accept the strategy and the management structure with the limitations on their authority that goes with that.

and here lies potentially a bigger problem ahead

28 minutes ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

You need to get some new honest mates and stop hanging out with people who only say what you want to hear

You do make an interesting point regarding who wants him out. The only place I see or hear it is on OTIB as well. Despite the frustrations at the Gate I haven’t heard anyone around me outright calling for him to get the sack. 

Whilst my family and friends are also frustrated none of them are saying he should go either. 

Maybe it’s because they all realise (perhaps with a lot of resignment) that he’s not going anywhere anyway?

For the record I don’t know myself and go between sitting on the fence and not giving a shit. 

37 minutes ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

So many holes to pick but heading for higher finishes in your 30 years,did you momentarily die for a year,ah see what you did there my apologies 

There’s plenty of people who want LJ out but they all probably realise SL won’t be making a change at this stage.  SL made it clear last time there was an outcry for LJ to go that he didn’t give a hoot what us fans think.  Meanwhile we pay more and more each season and see less and less entertainment.  This is probably down to the year on year improvement measure we’ve adopted which leads to safety first, boring football and no real desire to go for it.  I for one don’t care about finishing one place higher I just want to be entertained.

44 minutes ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

Everyone who sits round me and who I know want him gone

The thing is that patience has worn too thin now. I for one wanted him out a couple of years ago after we lost all those games on the bounce, but then we miraculously turned things around - largely thanks to Tammy Abraham, and then we had that brilliant run in the Carabao cup - and played some really attractive football for a while. But once that dream was over it has been back to the bread and butter of reality. We win when we don't really deserve too, and nobody can really explain why it happened, or the opposition were so poor that we couldn't fail to beat them, albeit by a single goal in the last few minutes. We lose when we deserve to lose, and the excuses are reeled off week after week, young squad still learning, positives to be taken out of the game, poor referee decision, I thought we were the better team etc etc.

His time has come im afraid - I cant think of anyone else in all 4 leagues who would have stuck by their manager for this long.

Boos Wednesday and boos today again, but there are still deluded people on here that say the only people that want change are on OTIB

what percentage of fans are on OTIB and how many were booing at the last two matches?

It not just here, fans and observers everywhere are saying a change is needed

Archived