IGNORED

Johnson Out Brigade - Do They Actually Exist?

bbew

57 minutes ago, bbew said:

Now clearly they do, as they seem to dominate this forum, and facebook is even worse - but in real life? I have never  actually met one person who wants Johnson out.

Is is just a vocal minority of a few hundred who seem to distort the actual thoughts of the fanbase?

All the people I speak to and not a single one wants Johnson out - 

Family and extended family - no one.

People in work and through  work - no one.

The kids mates - no one.

The parents at kids football matches - no one.

Now before you all start saying I am a happy clapper, no that is far from the truth -

Were we rubbish today? yes (thought Palmer did quite well despite criticism he's now getting).

Does it annoy me that we attack so slowly that we give the other team  time to get back? yes

Does Johnson gets tactics wrong quite often? yes

Does it drive me mad when we have a throw in in an attacking  position and end up going back to our keeper? yes

Does the atmosphere at matches these days just seem pathetic? yes

Does it just baffle me that when we are losing or drawing at half time and the players come put for the second half, that instead of a roar of encouragement it is as if the game restarts and no one has even realised? yes

Is this division there for the taking this season and we should be doing better? yes

Would I sell my house just because the kitchen tap is broke? no

Bigger picture - Are we actually continuously finishing higher than at any point in my whole 30 years of watching city? yes, yes we are!!

All this nonsense of the amount Johnson has spent compared to past managers is ridiculous,  when people are just ignoring the transfers out part as well, and not taking into account inflation or general rises in the cost of players these days.

I feel that maybe all you Johnson out moaners are similar to those who wanted Curbishley out at Charlton because 7th in the premier was not good enough - Just be careful  what you wish for!

COYR

How does a draw at home to Shrewsbury fit in to your  philosophy of Johnson forever?

This is identical to brexit. No one thought it would happen because all the big mouths go on about it all being great. But come the big day millions more voted out. Same as johnson people want him out 2 years ago and people didnt like the appointment yet people get tired of mentioning it so they dont speak, now it has sparked their voice again and a 'told you so' moment.

JOHNSON OUT!!!

1 hour ago, bbew said:

Now clearly they do, as they seem to dominate this forum, and facebook is even worse - but in real life? I have never  actually met one person who wants Johnson out.

Is is just a vocal minority of a few hundred who seem to distort the actual thoughts of the fanbase?

The kids mates - no one.

Now before you all start saying I am a happy clapper, no that is far from the truth -

Were we rubbish today? yes (thought Palmer did quite well despite criticism he's now getting).

Does it annoy me that we attack so slowly that we give the other team  time to get back? yes

Does it drive me mad when we have a throw in in an attacking  position and end up going back to our keeper? yes

Does it just baffle me that when we are losing or drawing at half time and the players come put for the second half, that instead of a roar of encouragement it is as if the game restarts and no one has even realised? yes

Is this division there for the taking this season and we should be doing better? yes

Bigger picture - Are we actually continuously finishing higher than at any point in my whole 30 years of watching city? yes, yes we are!!

All this nonsense of the amount Johnson has spent compared to past managers is ridiculous,  when people are just ignoring the transfers out part as well, and not taking into account inflation or general rises in the cost of players these days.

I feel that maybe all you Johnson out moaners are similar to those who wanted Curbishley out at Charlton because 7th in the premier was not good enough - Just be careful  what you wish for!

COYR

Cheers Paul 

1 hour ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

You need to get out more. LMFAO!

2 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

This is identical to brexit. No one thought it would happen because all the big mouths go on about it all being great. But come the big day millions more voted out. Same as johnson people want him out 2 years ago and people didnt like the appointment yet people get tired of mentioning it so they dont speak, now it has sparked their voice again and a 'told you so' moment.

JOHNSON OUT!!!

Easy mate.. He's only just been voted in. 

1 hour ago, bbew said:

The kids mates - no one.

COYR

Are you 6'10" and 20 stone, do you approach people with the question "I love Johnson, do you want him in or out you ####" because that may influence the answers you're getting. If not, how are you and your aquentences so out of touch?

3 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes you would need to ask both as many on here don't actually go to games, they just post negative comments from their armchairs.

Yet they are experts....

I don’t need to ask all and sundry like the OP if Johnson needs to go because I can see the decline over a few seasons of the dire football we are playing with my own eyes 

1 hour ago, bbew said:

COYR

Are you actually nuts?

• Admin
2 hours ago, bbew said:

COYR

It’s all about perspective, isn’t it?  If you support a team that flatters to deceive, whatever league that is in, then dissatisfaction will surface.  If you are in the Premier League and achieve 7th and then never kick on and get a European place, you’ve failed, why take part in a competition if you are satisfied with not winning it?

I don’t get to see every game, didn’t see today’s game, so won’t comment on it, but the games I have seen have been boring, dull, mundane, lacking excitement and disorganised, with a lack of identity and style.  I believe that is by far the biggest gripe, not our league position, or even a faltering run.

If you are happy for that to continue and, I’d wager, along with not achieving promotion playing like this, then I cannot comprehend your thought process.  I will admit, I am a risk taker, I’d risk a change, I’d like to see the entertainment returned, the atmosphere, the football that gets bums off seats and hopefully a tilt at promotion.  If the latter isn’t achieved, but the former 3 are, that’s a win and a foundation to build on.

My comfortable seat on the fence before today, started to become very uncomfortable in the second half.  We were lucky to avoid defeat in a game where we went in 1-0 up and looked to be gaining control.

Niki for head-coach.  He gave a very accurate interview.

I’m starting to think a change is needed. 

We just aren’t progressing at the rate we have done in recent years. LJ has done well to stabilise us, but he’s hit his ceiling. 

The one thing I don’t like, is fans (a loose term of the word in some instances) who obviously dislike Johnson the person and therefore use personal insults against him personally, instead of critiquing his tactics etc. I don’t think that’s on. 

The main problem now is, if he does go, who do we bring in?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My comfortable seat on the fence before today, started to become very uncomfortable in the second half.  We were lucky to avoid defeat in a game where we went in 1-0 up and looked to be gaining control.

Niki for head-coach.  He gave a very accurate interview.

Dave, I'm sure it won't happen ? but losing to Wigan and Barnsley would send some fencers over the edge wouldn't it? I mean, we'd be bottom half, losing big ground and on a dire run.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Dave, I'm sure it won't happen ? but losing to Wigan and Barnsley would send some fencers over the edge wouldn't it? I mean, we'd be bottom half, losing big ground and on a dire run.

Possibly not, but I can’t imagine the Lansdown’s felt comfier after today!

Some interesting replies to my original post, so just my thoughts in response to some of them.

1.  I would never force my opinions on any of the people I speak to about City. If anything I would say I am the most negative and it is others that give a more balanced opinion and put things in perspective when I am still annoyed at a defeat a few days before.  I just honestly have not come across anyone who is in the Johnson out camp, across all the different  age groups and types of people I speak to.

2.  That was poor of me to exclude the most successful period under Gary Johnson in my comparisons of current success to that in all my time watching City.  It does in one way back up that getting rid of the manager does not always make things better, although I appreciate the club was different then and there was possibly a more toxic atmosphere within the club back then which is why Gary had to go.

3. I still don't agree you can just ignore the transfer funds received and only judge Johnson on the amounts he has spent on players, I can see no logic in this.

4.  I also do not really see the massive so called discontent of fans at games. Ok, there has been low level boos at the last 2 games, but that is hardly anything new, and in the past we seemed to boo after almost every defeat no matter who it was to.

I have bood the players/managers over the years, and will continue to do so if not satisfied.  I sang 'Pulis for Pompey' away at Brentford as loud as I could back then, and I would call that 'discontent', a few boos here and there over the last few weeks is hardly any comparison.

5. Not directly a response to what others have said, however - The non city fans I speak to also see things from a different perspective to many of those on OTIB.  They think we are doing well and to an extent I agree with them

I would class the following championship clubs as bigger than us: Leeds, WBA, Forest, Fulham, Sheff W, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Derby, Birmingham, Charlton, Stoke.

Obviously you cannot just judge a league position on that basis,  but on that crude basis where we are in the league now is about right.  Again obviously it depends how the season goes from here and whether we turn around our form as to whether we have under or over achieved at the end of the season.

6. I was once in the Johnson out camp (just), towards the end of our terrible run those few years back.  I do feel I was proved wrong back then as we have made improvements since then, so maybe that is why I personally give more slack than others currently

1 minute ago, bbew said:

Some interesting replies to my original post, so just my thoughts in response to some of them.

1.  I would never force my opinions on any of the people I speak to about City. If anything I would say I am the most negative and it is others that give a more balanced opinion and put things in perspective when I am still annoyed at a defeat a few days before.  I just honestly have not come across anyone who is in the Johnson out camp, across all the different  age groups and types of people I speak to.

2.  That was poor of me to exclude the most successful period under Gary Johnson in my comparisons of current success to that in all my time watching City.  It does in one way back up that getting rid of the manager does not always make things better, although I appreciate the club was different then and there was possibly a more toxic atmosphere within the club back then which is why Gary had to go.

3. I still don't agree you can just ignore the transfer funds received and only judge Johnson on the amounts he has spent on players, I can see no logic in this.

4.  I also do not really see the massive so called discontent of fans at games. Ok, there has been low level boos at the last 2 games, but that is hardly anything new, and in the past we seemed to boo after almost every defeat no matter who it was to.

I have bood the players/managers over the years, and will continue to do so if not satisfied.  I sang 'Pulis for Pompey' away at Brentford as loud as I could back then, and I would call that 'discontent', a few boos here and there over the last few weeks is hardly any comparison.

5. Not directly a response to what others have said, however - The non city fans I speak to also see things from a different perspective to many of those on OTIB.  They think we are doing well and to an extent I agree with them

I would class the following championship clubs as bigger than us: Leeds, WBA, Forest, Fulham, Sheff W, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Derby, Birmingham, Charlton, Stoke.

Obviously you cannot just judge a league position on that basis,  but on that crude basis where we are in the league now is about right.  Again obviously it depends how the season goes from here and whether we turn around our form as to whether we have under or over achieved at the end of the season.

6. I was once in the Johnson out camp (just), towards the end of our terrible run those few years back.  I do feel I was proved wrong back then as we have made improvements since then, so maybe that is why I personally give more slack than others currently

Re 3....you also should include the wage bill and amortised (depreciation) of contracts costing us £36m per season!

The longer SL keeps L J 

We will start losing fans

The crowd is dropping

Lots of season ticket holders staying away

The real gate is not said, as they add all the season ticket holders to the gate even though they do not turn up

From my experience, of 40 years plus following City

Once the dressing room is lost, you do not get it back

So it is only time now, before he is finally got rid of

Thank you for getting us here

You have made your million plus from City and SL.

Now move on, and let us progress

I wanted him gone after the Reading/Cardiff/Derby games a few years back, and I wanted him gone after our various losing streaks in recent seasons.

Now? I stopped giving a f>ck some weeks back, and presently I couldn't really care if he stays or is winched. And this extends to the bedwetting sh1tc>nts that make up our squad. Thankfully I am away for a while so I don't need to bother with going to games.

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I must admit I`m beginning to see parallels with the last days of GJ. I thought then that Gary had taken us as far as he could and had become stale and I`m feeling a bit the same now - and I`m normally the most happy clapper in happy clappy land.

Is a punch up in the dressing room on the horizon? 

Yay let’s single out OTIB despite the deluge of stuff posted on Facebook and Twitter about LJ out.  

FWIW everyone in work wants him gone and not one posts on here. Most of my mates are now to the point ‘he’s taken us as far as he can’ 

But no it’s just an OTIB thing 100%

Archived