IGNORED

Sad

glen humphries

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

I’ve gone past the angry stage, I’m now really saddened by the state the teams in , its getting to the point where I’m losing interest in the team I’ve watched for over 30 years, Johnson out.

Sadder than when we were nearly bottom of League 1 under O’Driscoll?  Sadder than when we were last relegated from the Championship?  Sadder than the season under Pulis?  We’re having a bad time at the moment, but let’s not forget that less than a month ago, after the Fulham victory, we were close to third place.  Even now we’re only two points off the play-offs.  Clearly all is not right, but let’s not pretend that we’re at rock-bottom.  Things could be a lot worse.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sadder than when we were nearly bottom of League 1 under O’Driscoll?  Sadder than when we were last relegated from the Championship?  Sadder than the season under Pulis?  We’re having a bad time at the moment, but let’s not forget that less than a month ago, after the Fulham victory, we were close to third place.  Even now we’re only two points off the play-offs.  Clearly all is not right, but let’s not pretend that we’re at rock-bottom.  Things could be a lot worse.

There were big reasons for our last relegation, sod never had fortunes to spend, I’m saddened because of how we play it’s dire , we beat Fulham so what 

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We are playing SOD-type football. Aimless possession at snails pace, with no real excitement or end product. But LJ is clearly bonkers as he cant see it. 
Just at the moment we are in a high league than SOD inherited, with absolute fortunes spent on a tinkerman approach with zero identity as he calls it. 

8 minutes ago, nickolas said:

We are playing SOD-type football. Aimless possession at snails pace, with no real excitement or end product. But LJ is clearly bonkers as he cant see it. 
Just at the moment we are in a high league than SOD inherited, with absolute fortunes spent on a tinkerman approach with zero identity as he calls it. 

I think it's more like McInnes type football.

19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes it is sadder

the football on show is much worse then that dispute millions being spent

we are lucky to be 2 points off the play-offs but if things don’t change quick that 2 points will be off relegation not the play offs

we are in relegation form 

21 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You forgot that we beat Man United in the cup as well a few seasons ago which Johnson’s followers always bring up as if it’s relevant 

6 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

I think it's more like McInnes type football.

The difference is that McInnes was not backed in the way that LJ has been. I would actually suggest that given the resources Delboy had, Johnson would do worse than he did.

LJ’s managerial career highlight was our League Cup run 2 years ago. He has done little else of any significant note.

30 minutes ago, Lez said:

I think it's a sham that Johnson has a job for life charlatan.

He doesn’t, and it’s a lazy, unfounded criticism to suggest that he has. He narrowly survived once in 16/17 and has ultimately been in credit for steady progression up the league ever since, meaning there hasn’t been good reason to question his position. That’s not the same thing as a “job for life”.

And don’t interpret that as me being pro-Johnson staying by the way.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

He doesn’t, and it’s a lazy, unfounded criticism to suggest that he has. He narrowly survived once in 16/17 and has ultimately been in credit for steady progression up the league ever since, meaning there hasn’t been good reason to question his position. That’s not the same thing as a “job for life”.

Hard to argue with that 

35 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

I’ve gone past the angry stage, I’m now really saddened by the state the teams in , its getting to the point where I’m losing interest in the team I’ve watched for over 30 years, Johnson out.

I also think it’s time for Johnson to go, but the lack of perspective on our situation as a club right now compared to almost any point in the last 40 years is getting ridiculous.

The catastrophic decline in the early 80s was sad...depressing...but once the guts had been ripped out of the club it felt inevitable, and we all had a role as supporters in keeping spirits up and the club functioning.

What's sadder about this is that there is no real excuse. There are more season ticket holders than ever. The playing squad is full of internationals. The skill some of these guys have is wonderful to watch, when they show it. Steve Lansdown has the reverse Midas touch when it comes to managerial appointments and as a consequence a decade after the hopes of GJ's reign we are no further forward, and looking like going backwards.

That is sad. Opportunity being shown the door yet again.

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You forgot that we beat Man United in the cup as well a few seasons ago which Johnson’s followers always bring up as if it’s relevant 

Compare our recent performance to those cup games.

Our current style and form would see us struggle right through the levels of the EFL

LJ has to go!

35 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Job for Cotts

25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agree with you and not sure how accurate the commentator in the stream was but he mentioned that no club in all 4 divisions have improved their league position over the last 5 years other than Bristol city

25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I also think it’s time for Johnson to go, but the lack of perspective on our situation as a club right now compared to almost any point in the last 40 years is getting ridiculous.

I’m not talking about the club on the whole just the absolute dross lj is serving up , the blokes a bullshiter, 

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Agree with you and not sure how accurate the commentator in the stream was but he mentioned that no club in all 4 divisions have improved their league position over the last 5 years other than Bristol city

That is correct. An inconvenient fact for some.

But now is the time for a change I believe.

40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Lez knows all that, Chip - he is telling you, me, everyone how he feels.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Agreed. I want him out but things are massively rosy compared to O'Driscoll times. 

I'm more concerned by the plastic/corporate/silent nature of the club. 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We’re having a bad time at the moment, but let’s not forget that less than a month ago, after the Fulham victory, we were close to third place.  Even now we’re only two points off the play-offs.  Clearly all is not right, but let’s not pretend that we’re at rock-bottom.  Things could be a lot worse.

Do you believe we actually deserved to be where we were after the Fulham game? Personally I don't think we were there on merit, perhaps not luck alone as we have flattered to deceive on a few occasions this season. But, and its a BIG but, we are not worthy of the lofty heights we reached with the inconsistent football we play. I have no idea what our so called identity is, and im pretty sure LJ doesn't either.  

I wouldn’t say it’s sad. But it is hair-tearingly frustrating that with millions spent, arguably our best ever squad, and a poor championship this season we look so utterly despondent and boring. 

It’s never guaranteed, but if a bit of ‘honeymoon’ form came with a new manager now we’d stand a very good chance of making the play-offs this season still. 

At the moment it just feels stale. I would absolutely thank LJ for what’s he’s achieved here (and despite what some may say, we have progressed since he arrived) but I feel we need a change to kick on. Our policy has been quite ruthless with players (Pack, Pato and so on) and now it might be time to do it with our manager too.

I really think that there are some amongst us who want us to get relegated just so we can relive the promotion again. 

For me, LJ isn’t bulletproof (nobody is), but 2 points (1 game) away from the playoffs isn’t the time to fire the manager - we would be the laughing stock of the league and rightfully so. Also, it may not all be down to him - as a football manager you tell your players how to play and if they don’t do as they are told - or CAN’T do as they are told, it’s not entirely your fault. 

I’m firmly with the ‘LJ in’ crowd - for now. Sacking now would be a huge gamble and could  see us fighting a relegation battle - and the rest of the league would absolutely LOVE it. 

2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I really think that there are some amongst us who want us to get relegated just so we can relive the promotion again. 

For me, LJ isn’t bulletproof (nobody is), but 2 points (1 game) away from the playoffs isn’t the time to fire the manager - we would be the laughing stock of the league and rightfully so. Also, it may not all be down to him - as a football manager you tell your players how to play and if they don’t do as they are told - or CAN’T do as they are told, it’s not entirely your fault. 

I’m firmly with the ‘LJ in’ crowd - for now. Sacking now would be a huge gamble and could  see us fighting a relegation battle - and the rest of the league would absolutely LOVE it. 

As a counterpoint, look what happened when Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins and replaced him with Pocchetino (or however it’s spelt!). The whole football world fumed at how ‘disloyal’ they were. Then they stormed up the league. 

If we as a club are ruthless with moving on loyal/successful players in order to improve, why not do the same with the manager?

Archived